GSP vs Jones record, why GSP's is better. Comparison!

GSP beat Hughes twice. A guy anyone with any common sense has in the top ten of all time.
GSP beat BJ twice as well. Another top ten to fifteen all time fighter.

He has literally more than double the top ten wins that Jones has.

Hughes is the most overrated "legend" of all time... look at his fight with Alves, that happened to him every time he faced legit competition. You think he'd be anywhere near the top 10 nowadays?

Lol at someone with Hendo as a username calling Shields a can.

lol, I was about to post something like that.

GSP was a third generation champion and the finest imo. His stats and achievements speak for themselves. And he didn't have a drug problem.

Jones is fourth generation and still isn't done yet. His strength of schedule is utterly ridiculous and he's only come close to a Serra moment instead of actually having one. He's about four fights from being the undisputed GOAT as painful as that is.

In the next couple years it will be impossible to claim even Georges over him even if GSP is/was a better person.

Hughes is the most overrated "legend" of all time... look at his fight with Alves, that happened to him every time he faced legit competition. You think he'd be anywhere near the top 10 nowadays?

Alves was on the biggest tear of his career, and he didn't make weight for the Hughes fight and looked absolutely massive. Hughes won 3 straight after that and didn't lose again until BJ Penn when he was far past his prime.

Im positive the people who say stuff like you were not around during those eras, because if you were you would understand how big of a win it actually was at the time.

It does not matter if Hughes would be top 10 today or not. A lot of fighters from that era would not be top 10 today. At the time he was best WW in the world and top p4p fighter. You were just not around to witness it, admit it. You're just looking at records you don't truly understand

Alves was on the biggest tear of his career, and he didn't make weight for the Hughes fight and looked absolutely massive. Hughes won 3 straight after that and didn't lose again until BJ Penn when he was far past his prime.

Im positive the people who say stuff like you were not around during those eras, because if you were you would understand how big of a win it actually was at the time.

It does not matter if Hughes would be top 10 today or not. A lot of fighters from that era would not be top 10 today. At the time he was best WW in the world and top p4p fighter. You were just not around to witness it, admit it. You're just looking at records you don't truly understand

Dude that fight was in England, I'm English. I waited months for that fight cause I knew that the overrated Hughes was gonna get smashed. He had nothing for Alves in that fight and literally gave up half way through the first round. And just remember who he beat after that fight. The only time Hughes fought world class fighters he lost.

Dude that fight was in England, I'm English. I waited months for that fight cause I knew that the overrated Hughes was gonna get smashed. He had nothing for Alves in that fight and literally gave up half way through the first round. And just remember who he beat after that fight. The only time Hughes fought world class fighters he lost.

World class by today's standards? Because he certainly fought the best guys during his time. Wins over sakurai, newton, Trigg, Sherk, Penn etc. By the time he fought Alves he wasn't even in his prime.

Saying he never beat a world class fighter further adds to my theory that you are looking at records you don't understand.

Jones has 1 more win over defeating former UFC champions

GSP: Penn, Hughes, Serra
Jones: Jackson, Machida, Evans, Belfort

Also Jones finished 3 of the former champs as GSP hasn't finished anyone since getting the belt.

What about Shogun?

Name one "legend" that Jones has beaten that stacks up with Hughes.

What no... GSP fought guys that weren't even complete fighters. Matt Hughes? Give me a break, he looked awful when fighting legit WWs...I hate Jones but he has beat better opponents than GSP has.

Also I can tell you're full of shit when you put Shileds equal with Rampage a former Light Heavyweight champion who beat a legend.

Jake Shields was on a 16 fight win streak, was top 10 p4p, top 10 mw, former Strikeforce champion.

At the time of the title fights Jake Shields was at the height of his prime having just beaten hendo a couple fights earlier.

Your argument that Rampage beat a legend is hilarious considering Jake also beat hendo, and the fact that shields is a natural ww and Rampage is a 240lb lhw.

When Rampage fought jones he had lost 3 fights earlier to rashad and didn't have anywhere near the hype shields did when he fought gsp.

You have a short memory.

Jesus Christ! TS is so full of it

You are so wrong it's ridiculous. Hughes beat BJ and GSP. Everything you have wrote is just stupid.

Jones hasn't finished a top 205er since 2011 yet no one is giving him any shit about that and GSP not only got a bunch of shit for it, he went down in the p4p rankings for it since Anderson was finishing people. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against fighters not finishing fights. If you win every fight then that's what really matters. GSP is the real goat of mma, I don't like it, but he is.

Gsp has the worst haters, or should i call them bj Penn fans

Bullshit:
1. Carlos Newton (WW)
2. Hayato Sakurai (WW)
3. Carlos Newton (WW)
4. Gil Castillo (WW)
5. Sean Sherk (WW)
6. Frank Trigg (WW)
7. Renato Verissimo (WW)
8. Georges St-Pierre (WW)
9. Frank Trigg (WW)
10. B.J. Penn (WW)
11. Matt Serra (WW)

Matt Hughes' wins over top ten opponents. Only Hendo, Big Nog, Fedor, Anderson Silva, and GSP have more.

Any non jones nuthugger knows the welterweight division is naturally going to be a much deeper division, and of course Jones looks like he gets mugged in an alley by his coke dealer after half his fights and commonly takes significantly more damage than his opponents even if he wins. I'm not even a GSP fan, these things are just obvious.

JJ record is more impressive to me cos he finishes fights
GSP has a ton on wins by boring UD using the blanket tecnique, in which he excelled

JJ record is more impressive to me cos he finishes fights
GSP has a ton on wins by boring UD using the blanket tecnique, in which he excelled

GSP has 12(?) decisions over 11 years and Jones has 6 over 7 and three in a row....don't count those until they hatch and he has a long way to retirement.

GSP blanket? He always seemed pretty active on the ground to me

Back