GSP vs Jones record, why GSP's is better. Comparison!

To some extent I agree with your analysis.
But you have to put a bold note that GSP is at the end of his career, and JBJ is at his prime.
So, JBJ can improve his record a lot, and GSP will not add much (if anything) to what he has right now.

Here are some numbers to compare
GSP and JBJ:

14 .|. 7 .|. (cwOpRC5) = Number of Wins with Opponent in top 5 Ctg
15 .|. 9 .|. (cwOpRP50) = Number of Wins with Opponent in top 50 P4P
9 .|. 1 .|. (cOpRP10) = Number of fights with Opponent in top 10 P4P
16 .|. 7 .|. (cOpRC5) = Number of fights with Opponent in top 5 Ctg
5 .|. 9 .|. (cntR1P) = Ranked #1 P4P (at the end of quarter)
24 .|. 17 .|. (top5p4p) = Ranked in top 5 P4P (at the end of quarter)
29 .|. 17 .|. (cntR1C) = Ranked #1 in Category (at the end of quarter)
39 .|. 17 .|. (top3ctg) = Ranked in top 3 in Division
45 .|. 21 .|. (gt6CS) = Current Score over 600
46 .|. 19 .|. (top30p4p) = Ranked in top 30 P4P (at the end of quarter)
53 .|. 28 .|. (cntHF) = Number of ranked quarters
40 .|. 29 .|. (ChmpPt) = Championship Points
26 .|. 25 .|. (maxStreak) = Best Win Streak (points not #of fights)
399 .|. 251 .|. (sOp14CR) = Sum of Opponent Rating
607 .|. 510 .|. (awOpCS) = Win - opponent average Current Score
620 .|. 512 .|. (aOpCS) = Opponent average Current Score
4 .|. 8 .|. (mwOpRP) = Win - opponent best P4P ranking (before fight)
937 .|. 969 .|. (maxCS) = Best Current Score

Yes jones has more time left so he has a good chance of passing gsp eventually

jones beat all his opponents no judging controversy

I don't think he has surpassed Anderson yet and I go back and forth but I don't think he passed fedor as yet

But for me, Bones has definitely passed Gsp on the goat list

I don't think he has surpassed Anderson yet and I go back and forth but I don't think he passed fedor as yet

But for me, Bones has definitely passed Gsp on the goat list

I have no idea how anyone comes to this conclusion after reading my thread!! Clearly gsp has a better career to this point n it's a blowout

GSP tapped to strikes from Matt Serra and walked away and vacated the belt. He's literally gave up the belt twice.

Jones has never lost his belt.

Love the finishing argument, but the fact of the matter is, GSP didn't fight any over the hill fighters, he beat a lot of guy's when they where at their absolute best, guy's like BJ Penn (made BJ quit in the second fight), Koscheck (twice), Serra, Finished Matt Hughes twice via strikes and submission, Fitch, Thiago Alves etc, he even beat guy's like Condit, Diaz and Hendricks when he was far from his best, the only flaw in my opinion is that I think he should have finished Hardy, he was that much better than him.

Jones resume is also very impressive, but some of the guy's that he beat, you can say they where already on the downside of their careers, guy's like Rampage and Shogun, he beat up two blown up middleweights in Vitor and Chael, and Chael had no business being in there with Jones whatsoever, Vitor put up a fight at least. And in Jones's defense, he beat 3 killers in Gus, Glover and DC, especially against Gus and DC, two hard match ups.

GSP tapped to strikes from Matt Serra and walked away and vacated the belt. He's literally gave up the belt twice.

When Georges took Serra seriously he utterly destroyed him, and he quit the sport when he started having memory loss and repeated headaches. I'm sure you'd rather have him stick around to get brain damage for real, right?

Let's see where jones is in another 5 years

When Georges took Serra seriously he utterly destroyed him, and he quit the sport when he started having memory loss and repeated headaches. I'm sure you'd rather have him stick around to get brain damage for real, right?

Lol. Is that why GSP left too? Hendricks banged his head up so bad he had to walk away so he wouldn't get brain damage?

Also, while GSP was being fed cans like Shields, Alves, and Hardy; Bones destroyed legends and pioneers in Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, and Lyoto.

Jones the future GOAT

Jones has 1 more win over defeating former UFC champions

GSP: Penn, Hughes, Serra
Jones: Jackson, Machida, Evans, Belfort

Also Jones finished 3 of the former champs as GSP hasn't finished anyone since getting the belt.

Jones hasn't finished a top 205er since 2011 yet no one is giving him any shit about that and GSP not only got a bunch of shit for it, he went down in the p4p rankings for it since Anderson was finishing people. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against fighters not finishing fights. If you win every fight then that's what really matters. GSP is the real goat of mma, I don't like it, but he is.

Jones hasn't finished a top 205er since 2011 yet no one is giving him any shit about that and GSP not only got a bunch of shit for it, he went down in the p4p rankings for it since Anderson was finishing people. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against fighters not finishing fights. If you win every fight then that's what really matters. GSP is the real goat of mma, I don't like it, but he is.

Bones finished Machida who is still one of the best in the world and just recently fought for the belt at 185. He also finished Vitor, a crazy animal who was finishing people dramatically left and right during that time. He happens to be fighting for a belt next month. That's just tip of the iceberg stuff.

Bones finished Machida who is still one of the best in the world and just recently fought for the belt at 185. He also finished Vitor, a crazy animal who was finishing people dramatically left and right during that time. He happens to be fighting for a belt next month. That's just tip of the iceberg stuff.
A crazy animal AT 185.

Lol. Is that why GSP left too? Hendricks banged his head up so bad he had to walk away so he wouldn't get brain damage?

Also, while GSP was being fed cans like Shields, Alves, and Hardy; Bones destroyed legends and pioneers in Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, and Lyoto.

Jones the future GOAT
Lol at someone with Hendo as a username calling Shields a can.

no and no. anyone who says GSP better than Jones are people who is in denial or delusional.

What no... GSP fought guys that weren't even complete fighters. Matt Hughes? Give me a break, he looked awful when fighting legit WWs...I hate Jones but he has beat better opponents than GSP has.

Also I can tell you're full of shit when you put Shileds equal with Rampage a former Light Heavyweight champion who beat a legend.

What no... GSP fought guys that weren't even complete fighters. Matt Hughes? Give me a break, he looked awful when fighting legit WWs...I hate Jones but he has beat better opponents than GSP has.

Also I can tell you're full of shit when you put Shileds equal with Rampage a former Light Heavyweight champion who beat a legend.

Ya Shields never beat legends...
007_Dan_Henderson_and_Jake_Shields.jpg

Ya Shields never beat legends...
007_Dan_Henderson_and_Jake_Shields.jpg

What's your point? He hugged him to a decision... Rampage finished a legend twice and beat that legend too.

GSP fans think his wins are so great.

How do you not finish Dan Hardy?

What's your point? He hugged him to a decision... Rampage finished a legend twice and beat that legend too.

How do you get kayo'd by Matt Serra?

GSP got knocked out by Matt Serra.

That would be like if Babalu Sobral came back, won a TUF and then KO'd Jones.

GSP beat Hughes twice. A guy anyone with any common sense has in the top ten of all time.
GSP beat BJ twice as well. Another top ten to fifteen all time fighter.

He has literally more than double the top ten wins that Jones has.

Back