• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored GSP VS Diaz rematch in talks for UFC 300

GSP can't be this desperate for money, can he be?

No chance GSP would have any interest in this…right?
I really hope not, he was willing to rematch Nick Diaz in a submission grappling bout for the right amount of €€€, but a MMA fight is completely different.

St-Pierre has been consistent about leaving MMA training behind, because his training camp against Michael Bisping while he was suffering for ulcerative colitis was a nightmare.

Fighting Nick again in MMA is such a lose-lose situation, even fighting Nate Diaz instead would be a better fight (and like Georges explained to Joe Rogan, it's a lose-lose-lose situation... if he wins by stoppage "who cares he's a weight bully, shameful that he even agreed to this fight", if he wins via decisions then "lol he couldn't even finish LW Nate what a scrub" and if he loses then his legacy is officially over).

GSP vs Khabib in a grappling bout would be so badass, and it wouldn't contradict Khabib's promise to his father since it's not an actual fight.

Another superfight (back when it was a believable MMA match-up) we never got because Dana was too stingy to make it worth it financially to whoever agreed to get out of their comfort zone... instead he just waited for either GSP or Khabib to budge while claiming that "they don't wanna fight".

GSP vs Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones all over again.

I doubt this rumor is accurate, Nick Diaz shit the bed vs. Robbie Lawler his last time out. Fought at 185 instead of agreed upon 171 weight and looked like dog shit before quitting. I doubt the UFC does a reboot of that and comes out of pocket with big $$$ for both Nick and GSP to come out of retirement. The only way this fight should happen is if the UFC creates a seniors division and they make it a 3 round fight or a 5 round fight with 3 minute rounds i.e. 15 minutes.

Nick looked horrible in his last fight lol..I can see why GSP agreed to a rematch .

Both guys are legends but cmon man. The UFC must be desperate as hell.

If GSP and Nick want to make some money good for them but it's absurd the UFC is making fights like this to headline something like UFC 300, lkke TS mentioned this is some Bellator level matchmaking

If GSP is going to fight on this event, why not throw a bag of money at Anderson Silva?

I know it's far too late in their careers, considering both are way passed their prime, but it's better late than never.
If we are going to go this route,might as well bring back every past his prime fighter who are horrible to watch anymore. Bellator died,but hey lets just do what they were doin!

Does this fight really get anybody excited? Diaz looked completely washed up last time out. GSP has been retired for years. No hype for this.

Back