GSP confirms he ducked the GOAT twice and still ducking: "There's a lot more to lose than gain"

St-Pierre’s last fight prior to the Bisping bout was his alleged title defense against Johny Hendricks at UFC 167.

The Canadian icon revealed that it was after this fight that he had been offered a bout with Silva for the second (and currently final) time in his career.

“I took a break with Johny Hendricks, a month after that, Dana [White] text me [asking] if I want to fight Anderson Silva,” St-Pierre said. “I didn’t want to fight nobody. I said no. I took four years off.

“Now things are changed. Silva [has] lost, now it’s not as interesting, you know what I mean. There’s a lot more to lose than gain.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...se-than-gain-vs-anderson-silva-at-this-point/
------------------------------------
vice-nick3.jpg

Well, if not fighting someone in a heavier weight division is ducking, GSP also ducked Liddell, Jones, Cain, JDS, Brock -- he's been ducking a lot of people, not just Anderson.

Basically if you're saying weight divisions shouldn't exist, I'm with you. Most sports don't have them -- there aren't weight or height divisions in the NBA, NFL, NHL, Premier soccer and so on. In which case everyone who isn't a heavyweight is ducking HW's. I think MMA (and all combat sports) should get rid of weight divisions; every single combat sport out there started without weight divisions, and they're arbitrary and artificial.

But if you're saying weight divisions should exist but not leaving your weight division is a bad thing, then I think you've got a pretty serious reasoning problem to work out:

1) Weight divisions are there for a reason.
2) People who fight in their weight division are ducking (ie people shouldn't fight in their weight division).

The two statements are contradictory.

I mean I’d imagine that would do almost a million on PPV. Why not fight Andy and cash in on an easy fight.

So if a fighter retires he's automatically ducking? No chance of there being other reasons then?

Georges smashing Anderson today would do nothing for his legacy. Anderson shows up juiced to the gills again and it ruins everything GSP has built up.

Chael held Anderson down for 4 rounds, you think prime GSP couldn't? Georges is the greatest MMA wrestler of all time.

Here's a good heuristic: If GSP thought he could, he would've fought Anderson

Fact is, GSP ducked Anderson for his whole career

“That’s the thing — nobody wants to do it. GSP would never move up to 185 to fight Anderson Silva. He wouldn’t do it,” White said when speaking to Russillo and Kanell on Tuesday. “That’s what makes Saturday so fun. You know how many times we wanted to do the GSP-Anderson Silva fight? GSP would not do it. Would not do it. Guys don’t do that stuff. " - Dana White

St-Pierre’s last fight prior to the Bisping bout was his alleged title defense against Johny Hendricks at UFC 167.

The Canadian icon revealed that it was after this fight that he had been offered a bout with Silva for the second (and currently final) time in his career.

“I took a break with Johny Hendricks, a month after that, Dana [White] text me [asking] if I want to fight Anderson Silva,” St-Pierre said. “I didn’t want to fight nobody. I said no. I took four years off.

“Now things are changed. Silva [has] lost, now it’s not as interesting, you know what I mean. There’s a lot more to lose than gain.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...se-than-gain-vs-anderson-silva-at-this-point/
------------------------------------
vice-nick3.jpg
What school system produced this moron?

“That’s the thing — nobody wants to do it. GSP would never move up to 185 to fight Anderson Silva. He wouldn’t do it,” White said when speaking to Russillo and Kanell on Tuesday. “That’s what makes Saturday so fun. You know how many times we wanted to do the GSP-Anderson Silva fight? GSP would not do it. Would not do it. Guys don’t do that stuff. " - Dana White
Lol quoting Dana as a source. You reak of desperation now.
Whatever makes you feel better I guess.

Chael was roided out of his fucking mind and Anderson would have bullied and out-muscled gsp easily. The size discrepancy alone and the strength that goes with it would have totally been in Silva's favor. GSP would find out how good his "amazing" jab was when he threw it at an actual striker that hit like a dump truck in answer. He'd be done by round 2.

Pure fantasy. Anderson didn't have the wrestling to stop GSP's take downs.

Gsp didn't want Anderson when he was on a tear and he doesnt want him now on skid row.
I wonder when are the stocks just right for George's
So much revisionist history.
Georges "retired" in 2013, and Anderson was anything but "on a tear" at that point. He'd already gotten KTFOd by Weidman. In the 12 months previous to his retirement, Georges faced Condit, Nick Diaz and Hendricks. In my opinion, Diaz was a cherry pick, as he was coming off a controversial loss to Condit, but it was still a game fight. In the 12 months previous to Georges retiring, Anderson faced Stephan Bonnar and got beaten every minute of every round by Chris Weidman.

Anderson was already in the twilight of his career by then, actively ducking Weidman throughout 2012, stating he couldn't possibly fight Chris because he was injured, but then taking a gimme against Bonnar as soon as Weidman needed surgery.

Don't believe that? Here's the words straight from your "GOAT"s mouth: When asked abot Weidman, Anderson stated
"I don't have any intention of fighting with him," Silva told UFC Tonight. "I still think he has a lot to do in the UFC...I am 37 years old, he's a kid that is starting. Obviously, this might happen, but I have two fights on my contract and I think one of them will be with [Georges] St. Pierre and I don't really have any intention in fighting with him because I'm not a fool. I'm already an oldie, you know?"
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-dont-have-any-intention-of-fighting-with-him

That is the VERY DEFINITION of ducking, Anderson true believers.

For the record, I believe Georges lost to a juicing Hendricks, and I also believe--without any empirical evidence--that Georges was using PEDs before he left. I believe Anderson was also using throughout his career, but there is a bit more tangible support for that.

But the fact remains that chasing a fight with a guy who is a weightclass smaller than you is a punkass move, even when a bonafide legend does it. It tarnishes their legacy. It was punkass when Anderson did it, it's punkass when TJ did it, and it'll be punkass when Georges fights McGregor.

But don't twist history and reading comprehension is your friend.

So he didn't fail a test but Joe Rogan and others talk about how he was likely roided... got it, thanks. Now the mystery has been solved.

<{clintugh}>

GSP fans shit their pants if someone says he uses/used PEDS, but they'll be quick to bash Hendricks about it without a failed test.

Anyone paying attention knows that Hendricks is a prime example of what happens when USADA comes in and you are chemically altered. He went from a world beater to a can who couldn't even make weight and when he did make weight he couldn't win a fight anymore. Its super obvious that the Hendricks who fought GSP was not a clean fighter.

GSP is very cerebral when it comes to career decisions. He isn't going to be goaded into fighting Anderson just because Dana and Anderson want him to. Fight could have gone either way.

Silva could have refused the DC fight on short notice by coming up with some bulking bullshit. The GSP bulking fiasco was just a way for him to avoid defending the MW strap. "I couldn't bulk properly, almost died, can't fight MW again."

Silva came to save the event that night, fought for paycheck and Cormier was easy on him.
Gsp cant defeat any top fighter in MW thats why he went home. He saw oportunity to get a title from mediocre fighter and he took it- smart buisness

Everything is that simple.

Okay so he turned down the fight once because he was retired and now a second time because Silva is washed up and he gains nothing by beating him. Dumb OP is dumb lol

The name of the game in prizefighting is what brings you the most reward. Fighting and beating Bisping gave GSP a 2nd world title.

What does beating Silva at this point now give him? Everyone just says "oh well Silva is washed up who cares"

It's amazing how many dopes here have no understanding of fight sports

He didn't but Rogan and others have talked about how Hendricks was likely roided to the gills. The Hendricks you saw against GSP rapidly dropped into the toilet with USADA around. Like night and day, he went from championship contender to can't even make weight.

Lol. GSP has been on way more stuff than Hendricks.

Its a shame an admin isn't helping us dodge TS's shitty thread.

I dont think people are that stupid to speak how USADA or any other anti-doping agency is 100% effective.

The story goes: gsp didnt fail test so he was clean

We have saying: if the devil is lying, his horn dont lie.

So, HGH gut dont lie, his disproportionate shoulders dont lie. He has too much muscle and too less fat for a man that do mma training. Just look at freakin Fedor for example.

Back