GSP confirms he ducked the GOAT twice and still ducking: "There's a lot more to lose than gain"

GSP, who is the unanimous Greatest Of All Time (among people with an IQ above 90), would have to entertain fighting a near double digit loss, 2x PED cheat, washed up Silva... why?

Silva has not won a fight since 2012... let that sink in. GSP hasn't lost since 2007. They are not even in the same universe, stop making stupid comparisons.

He ducked him when he refused to unretire??

When did he duck him before that??

Or after that?? If GSP wins who cares, even Bisping beat this version if AS, and GSP KO'd Bisping. Would be taking a step back if he fought AS

When the fuck did GSP koing Bisping happen?

St-Pierre’s last fight prior to the Bisping bout was his alleged title defense against Johny Hendricks at UFC 167.

The Canadian icon revealed that it was after this fight that he had been offered a bout with Silva for the second (and currently final) time in his career.

“I took a break with Johny Hendricks, a month after that, Dana [White] text me [asking] if I want to fight Anderson Silva,” St-Pierre said. “I didn’t want to fight nobody. I said no. I took four years off.

“Now things are changed. Silva [has] lost, now it’s not as interesting, you know what I mean. There’s a lot more to lose than gain.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...se-than-gain-vs-anderson-silva-at-this-point/
------------------------------------
vice-nick3.jpg
Yeah, this is not a good look.
I am officially moving Anderson above GSP.

GSP is just wrong here. #1 it would sell tickets and make money. #2 Anderson having a lot of losses recently just means it is easier to win that legacy fight.

The only downside is that people (Anderson super-fans) will say that he only won because Anderson is out of his prime. But that only really occurs on Sherdog.

Misleading thread title. Way to misrepresent what he said entirely. You should work for ESPN or Yahoo.

Idiot.

Gsp didn't want Anderson when he was on a tear and he doesnt want him now on skid row.
I wonder when are the stocks just right for George's
He’s the Goldilocks of fight picking. Lot more cherries in mma than in the bear’s home though.

if these two met when they should have in their relative primes gsp would have gotten dinged pretty bad imo

I think Anderson would have been favored but there were a lot of interesting variables and why people wanted to see it so bad. Look what Sonnen did to Anderson in their first fight and GSP is probably a better wrestler and definitely better at bjj than Chael. Maybe GSP would have taken him down and kept him there? A lot might have depended on the agreed upon weight..
We'll never know.

I think GSP would've wrestle fucked Anderson worse than Chael did. I'm super fans of both guys and was worried for George until I got a good glimpse of Anderson's TDD. Plus GSP is a very intelligent fighter and I doubt would've shit the bed like Chael and the rest did.

You’re ducking when you’re
Calling out lower weight guys yourself...just like gsp

Like Silva you mean? Calling out GSP who is naturally WW fighter. GSP went up and defeated Bisping. Silva lost to Bisping. So please tell be why reason does GSP have to give a punchers chance to Silva?

Gsp didn't want Anderson when he was on a tear and he doesnt want him now on skid row.
he was too busy cleaning out the division he actually fought in when silva was on a tear. I know you new conor fans dont understand how defending the belt works but GSP did alottttt of that and any OG in here knows he would have taken anderson down at will when he was in his prime and would still to this day.

if these two met when they should have in their relative primes gsp would have gotten dinged pretty bad imo

The dude with the notoriously bad takedown defense would have been able to stay standing ? Ok...

Prime roided Silva would have destroyed GSP. He knew it, we knew it, Silva knew it.

Shadow husk Silva that shows up these days would get laid on for 5 rounds. Not a match i care to see anymore. That ship has sailed. GSP needs to fight Woodley. Its literally the only fight i care to see with him in it.

Anyone paying attention knows that Hendricks is a prime example of what happens when USADA comes in and you are chemically altered. He went from a world beater to a can who couldn't even make weight and when he did make weight he couldn't win a fight anymore. Its super obvious that the Hendricks who fought GSP was not a clean fighter.
It's also super obvious that he passed his drug test for the GSP fight, the same GSP who said it's easy to pass a USADA drug test.

When did Hendricks fail a test?
One guy stays, wins the belt under USADA, passes 50 tests but he is a steroid cheat.

Other guy leaves before USADA, looks like a roider but is not a steroid cheat.

I can’t believe the logic on here sometimes

GSP has no reason to fight Anderson. NO reason. Maybe If Anderson were MW champ but he is over 40 now and losing to almost everybody. He is but a shadow of his former self. Besides it is not ducking if you are a champ in the lower weight class you idiot.
LOL
so many excuses and justification. And you KNOW it is just that because it shows on how mad you get.
Try to defend your hero is not easy when all his actions disagree with you.

Bisping beat Anderson. George knocked Bisping out. There's some MMA math for ya

It's not Anderson specifically.

Georges said he was contemplating retirement since the Condit fight and even said before the Hendricks fight that he had an announcement to make after the fight.

Everyone and their mother knew he was going to be retiring immediately following Hendricks.

Anderson had his chance at Abu Dhabi...All he had to do was defeat Maia and not fuck up or shit the bed.

They flew GSP out to have the staredown after the matrix-style vanquishing of Maia that was supposed to occur.

That didn't happen...He looked like shit in front of everyone and paid the price for it.

Silva screwed Silva out of that fight.

Back