Greg Jackson: When the time comes, "I'll prepare St. Pierre to beat Anderson Silva"

Greg's ego has obscured reality. Why wasn't he able to prepare his other fighters when they fought champions and then lossed?

You mean like Jon Jones and GSP? Who I might add is still successfully defending their belts:D

i dont think greg jackson does anything other than take other peoples credit.

he's like a weird life coach that happened to hire a good striking coach

I thought GSP was TriStar and made that very clear prior to the Condit/GSP fight? I know he corners GSP, helps with the gameplanning, but I think he takes way too much credit for GSP's success. I really don't sit here and shoot off about this sorta stuff very often, but this guy really seems like a tool. He didn't even corner Condit against GSP did he? Why do these fighters put up with his shit? Mike Winklejohn must be a helluva guy.

i dont think greg jackson does anything other than take other peoples credit.

he's like a weird life coach that happened to hire a good striking coach

On the one hand, I really agree with this. GSP is a very intelligent fighter, and we've seen the adjustments he makes in strategy mid-fight. I don't believe that he really needs anyone to provide strategies for him.

On the other hand, guys like Jackson, Seagal, and Van Damme must be providing some useful service to fighters. There's probably more going on than what we see, which is why these guys are kept around.

Let's also remember that today's fighters are more image conscious than ever, and they do what is in their best interest financially. The connections these hangers-on provide may be useful.

Greg is on a roll. GSP will beat Anderson, Chael will be a tough fight for Jones. Good stuff.

everyone is butthurt that gsp didnt sign to fight anderson, so that obviously means he could never be good enough to beat him, which makes me wonder why they even wanted to see GSP vs Anderson in the first place.

Let's be real here. If any smaller champ really believed he could beat the champ in the weight class above, he would take the fight. That even applies to my main man A. Silva. GSP is very vocal about wanting a special place in the sport, and beating Anderson would make him the GOAT in most people's eyes. To be a WW who moves up and beats a MW (who's undefeated at MW, smacks around LHWs, and is considered the GOAT) would be an unrivaled accomplishment in MMA.

I don't think the fight will ever happen, and I'm just fine with that. However, I think its unrealistic to pretend that GSP wouldn't take it if he was sure he would win.

You mean like Jon Jones and GSP? Who I might add is still successfully defending their belts:D

No genius, reread the sentence. I said his fighters that fought and lost to champions.
Such as Rashad and Marquardt. Nice try at humor though.

GSP, don't stand with him. Immediately go for the takedown and DO NOT PASS GUARD!!!

I love how upset people are actually getting.

GSP and his camp really need to shut up about Anderson. We already know GSP wouldnt fignt Anderson even if he came down to WW division.

Anderson is just a better fighter in every way.

Last edited:
"When the time comes" means "When Anderson is in his 40s and has lost a couple of times". Jackson and GSP don't have the balls to fight the GOAT in his prime. Hell, GSP doesn't even have the guts to face the real number 1 contender at WW, nevermind Anderson.

chael sonnen almost beat anderson, what makes you think GSP can't

Carlos condit almost finished gsp,
Shane carwin almost finished brock,
Vitor belfort almost finished jones...

Fact is

Chael sonnen is 0-2 vs anderson with both losses being highlight reel stoppages, forget anderson imo sonnen beats gsp 7/10 times.

Greg Jackson: When the time comes, "I'll prepare to get paid".

They're waiting for Silva to need a cane to walk.

He will prepare GSP to fight like Condit did against Diaz...if this fight even happens. Won't work though... Anderson by knees to the head...

Back