Greg Jackson: When the time comes, "I'll prepare St. Pierre to beat Anderson Silva"

GSP and Rory do not have the talent to beat Anderson... not now, not in 5 years, not in 10 years. Besides, Anderson will have an easy time preparing for GSP. All he has to do is work on getting his back off the fence and preventing the takedown. Even if he gets taken down, his height and limb length advantage will nullify GSP's elbows.

chael sonnen almost beat anderson, what makes you think GSP can't

You guys are all haters, when GSP decides that it is time, he will fight anderson and make him look worst than chael did in their first fight, except that GSP will have his arm raised.

Honestly think GSP can do it. He's younger, and Jackson's ingenious gameplanning, like it or not, combined with Silva's old age (likely 39 or 40 by the time this fight happens) can tilt the win in GSP's favor.

Greg Jackson has an insanely inflated idea of how important he actually is. He contributes to maybe 5% of the credit whereas the other 95% is his fighter's skill and hard work.

The media's ridiculous over exaggeration of how important Jackson's gameplans are as inflated his ego. Hell, what gameplan has he ever come up with that wasn't more or less common sense?

Just stealing credit away from the fighters tbh.

You guys are all haters, when GSP decides that it is time, he will fight anderson and make him look worst than chael did in their first fight, except that GSP will have his arm raised.

I think GSP is potentially more dangerous to Anderson (At a catchweight) than Bones is but no more so than Sonnen (Vs Anderson).

The differance with Sonnen however is that GSP doesn't press in the same fashion. GSP isn't as inclined to take strikes pushing for a takedown, rather using strikes to a larger extent to set up takedowns. This style of MMA wrestling is similar to what Dan Henderson used vs Silva which can leave you vulnerable to Silva's striking.

I would have to think GSP vs Anderson would be a mental battle as much as anything. GSP would have to push the pace and overcome the mental aspect of getting hit to get the takedown. I think if his style of MMA wrestler was as it is now vs Anderson he would likely lose.

I don't doubt GSP's ability to adapt though, so I'd likely tip GSP to evolve and win a UD considering they are waiting for Silva to age.

Last edited:
I dont get all the hate on gsp can somebody tell me what i missed?

Greg Jackson is scum. Still Can't believe he didn't corner condit against GSP. I guess the guy you gameplan with for a week before a fight is just as important as the guy you train every day

That time is obviously when AS shows a sharp decline in skills. It's coming. He won't last forever. No one does.

GSP has no obligation to fight a guy that isn't in his weight class. I don't think anything less of him for it. But to continue to talk about it like it's a possibility "down the road" when the guy they are talking about is pushing 40 is ridiculous to me. Just let it go.

They are absolutely doing this on purpose. Not that I blame them. One of Anderson's best assets are his reflexes. Those will eventually slow down. As he ages the weight cut might get harder from him, effecting his cardio.

Silva will be 38 in April. He's been calling out GSP for 2-3 years and GSP keeps needing "to think about it". He's thought about and he's still postponing. This fight won't happen in 2013 imo. It will happen when Silva is closer to 40 and GSP will be hitting what is tradditionally an athletic peak of 33 or so. This is all very deliberate.

Greg Jackson has an insanely inflated idea of how important he actually is. He contributes to maybe 5% of the credit whereas the other 95% is his fighter's skill and hard work.

The media's ridiculous over exaggeration of how important Jackson's gameplans are as inflated his ego. Hell, what gameplan has he ever come up with that wasn't more or less common sense?

You can't have heard him talk very often then. He quite often says that his role is small and always gives the other coaches at his camp more credit for the training than he gives himself.

The fighters, on the other hand, tend to speak very warmly about Jackson's work. But I guess you don't think they know what they are talking about either?

Edit: This is the actual quote:
"I do not know if this fight will happen soon [GSP vs. Silva] , but if it happens, I will work hard with all the great coaches of the team. We will develop a strategy and prepare it for GSP. The decision is up to Georges and Anderson, but I will do everything to prepare GSP the best possible way so that he can win this superfight."

Like he prepared Rashad to beat Lyoto?

Like he prepared Nate to beat Anderson?

Umm...Rashad/Nate/GSP happen to be three different individuals with three different skill sets. Why in the world would you compare them, especially when you think of the level of accomplishments between them.:eek:

He's not stealing any credit form his fighters. If you have ever taken the time to watch Greg's interviews he does nothing but praise his fighters and takes the blame upon himself if they don't succeed. His fighters on the other hand sing his praises

Greg's ego has obscured reality. Why wasn't he able to prepare his other fighters when they fought champions and then lossed?

I dont get all the hate on gsp can somebody tell me what i missed?

everyone is butthurt that gsp didnt sign to fight anderson, so that obviously means he could never be good enough to beat him, which makes me wonder why they even wanted to see GSP vs Anderson in the first place.

Pierre is not on the same level as Silva. I think he should forget about Pierre as all he is doing is waiting for Silva to age.

Back