Greg Jackson: When the time comes, "I'll prepare St. Pierre to beat Anderson Silva"

Like he prepared Rashad to beat Lyoto?

Like he prepared Nate to beat Anderson?

I thought Firas prepared GSP?

Either way Anderson would destroy him.

takedowns push agains the cage and repeat?

pretty sure GSP can just watch tapes of his old fight and get the same instructions

That time is obviously when AS shows a sharp decline in skills. It's coming. He won't last forever. No one does.

GSP has no obligation to fight a guy that isn't in his weight class. I don't think anything less of him for it. But to continue to talk about it like it's a possibility "down the road" when the guy they are talking about is pushing 40 is ridiculous to me. Just let it go.

My thoughts: AS vs GSP wont happen.

If Anderson is still competing in about 4 years, I'll bet that if anyone from Tristar will end up versing Anderson it'll be Rory.

I'm starting to think that GSP will only take the fight the moment Anderson really looks to have lost a step, which to be honest is pretty smart. Anderson is approaching 40 he's gotta slow down eventually. I think the main reason Anderson is still doing quite well at the moment is that MMA only truely evolved when he was in his mid 20's so he was pretty late to the party.

GSP and Rory do not have the talent to beat Anderson... not now, not in 5 years, not in 10 years. Besides, Anderson will have an easy time preparing for GSP. All he has to do is work on getting his back off the fence and preventing the takedown. Even if he gets taken down, his height and limb length advantage will nullify GSP's elbows.

Are they or we still talking about this fight?? Its done, i've forgotten about it.

anderson will be 50 by the time george safe pierre will want to fight him

GSP and Rory do not have the talent to beat Anderson... not now, not in 5 years, not in 10 years. Besides, Anderson will have an easy time preparing for GSP. All he has to do is work on getting his back off the fence and preventing the takedown. Even if he gets taken down, his height and limb length advantage will nullify GSP's elbows.

Couldnt agree more. Anderson is just on another level

I'm really not a Rory fan but if he continues to win fights it may "force" GSP up in weight. No way he's fighting a teammate or dropping to 155!

Greg Jackson: When the time comes, "I'll cash that check"

That time is obviously when AS shows a sharp decline in skills. It's coming. He won't last forever. No one does.

GSP has no obligation to fight a guy that isn't in his weight class. I don't think anything less of him for it. But to continue to talk about it like it's a possibility "down the road" when the guy they are talking about is pushing 40 is ridiculous to me. Just let it go.

True. GSPs best chance is to wait until Anderson loses a step. He has a chance now, but the odds are definitely against him...

Personally, I think if this happens in a couple of years time the odds will be far more even.

Back