Greg Jackson: Chael Sonnen will be one of the toughest fights of Jon Jones career

All you guys are falling right into Dana's plans.

The REALITY of it is Sonnen has seriously like 1% chance to win.
Jon Jones has the best TDD in the division. What makes ANYONE think Sonnen can even remotely outgrapple Jones?

This fight is going to be so bad, along the lines of Silva-Bonnar.

Round 2-3 Jones Via submission

All you guys are falling right into Dana's plans.

The REALITY of it is Sonnen has seriously like 1% chance to win.
Jon Jones has the best TDD in the division. What makes ANYONE think Sonnen can even remotely outgrapple Jones?

This fight is going to be so bad, along the lines of Silva-Bonnar.

Round 2-3 Jones Via submission

...I also think Jones wins handily, just because he only needs the one takedown to do tremendous damage (while Sonnen would need to consistently get takedowns for the decision), but I wouldn't say 1%. There's just too many things that can happen in MMA. Random wild swing clipping him right on the button, or hell, he could slip on a pool of Sonnen's blood after opening him up and then hurt his ankle.

=P

...I also think Jones wins handily, just because he only needs the one takedown to do tremendous damage (while Sonnen would need to consistently get takedowns for the decision), but I wouldn't say 1%. There's just too many things that can happen in MMA. Random wild swing clipping him right on the button, or hell, he could slip on a pool of Sonnen's blood after opening him up and then hurt his ankle.

=P

exactly....remember, everybody gave Vitor Belfort, 0% chance to win, and he almost subbed Jones.
anything can happen. and Jones hasnt faced a relentless wrestler like Chael yet, so this is something new to him.

So what if Chael Sonnen is the man to expose that Jones actually has bad takedown defense?

Just a theory

Oh, i'ts just a theory? Thanks for admitting that it isn't yet a proven fact that Jones has bad takedown defense! Could have fooled me, I mean, 100% in takedown defense really isn't much these days.

Idk

I think Jones will win, but I think Chael will surprise us

my reasoning is that Anderson is fucking incredible and the best ever and chael did good against him, so if chael can not get rocked early i think it will be a competitive fight with jones winning most likely by choke

I love Sonnen and I do think he will bring a unique level of pressure, but I really think he's going to get subbed fairly early on. I don't see him surviving and dominating five full rounds against a guy who hasn't showed and sort of glaring weakness, and is very creative in his attacks.

Really? I doubt it. Sonnen would get handled by most of the fighters Jones has beaten in title fights. This fight will be a cakewalk. I know Greg Jackson can't say that, but I don't understand why he always feels the need to say this for every single fight. It's so disingenuous and annoying.

link - Greg Jackson: Chael Sonnen will be one of the toughest fights of Jon Jones' career

Still trying to do damage control for turning down a fight against a middleweight and getting an entire UFC event cancelled I see.

LMFAO.......yeah right

Nah, I'm predicting Bones is gonna dish out a beatdown.

Seriously? You're suggesting Jones will ragdoll a stronger, heavier fighter?

You guys skipped physics in school?

I predict Jones pulls guard and whips a triangle on Sonnen, and wins in the 1st round

funny how people trash this fight so much but i can garuntee he will bring a better fight to jones than evans, rampage, or shogun did.

Sure there Greg you certainly convinced me

Lol no it won't. I guess he has to hype it though and when Jones destroys Chael it won't look like the mismatch that it is if he talks a lot about how tough it will be.

much respect to greg, but i don't agree with him

I'm a Jones fan and can say that this is a pointless match-up. It'll hardly be competitive. Jones is on an Anderson Silva level PLUS he's big PLUS he's a wrestler. I'm expecting Chael to take a worse beating than he did in his fight with Silva. Chael will want to retire. If Jones can ragdoll Hamill and Matyushenko, Chael is gonna get thrown across the room like a pair of underwear.

Back