Greg Jackson: Chael Sonnen will be one of the toughest fights of Jon Jones career

I just hope Sonnen will put Jones on his back once. Who knows, maybe Jones will panic, make mistakes and be submitted.

Sonnen is going to pound jones. not saying Jones is bad. but Sonnen is a god amongst men a scholar, a gentleman and hes going to hand jones a red white and blue ass whopping ever so kindly after tier fight on a Saturday night.

WAR Sonnen LHW champion and P4P #1 Fighter In The World.

I just hope Sonnen will put Jones on his back once. Who knows, maybe Jones will panic, make mistakes and be submitted.

nope_zps9cfa59f3.gif

If Jones continues to exclusively fight failed Middleweight contenders that might be the case

Same reason GSP always says it will be his toughest test, hype=money

Lol, fight hype. He knows it's gonna be a piece of cake.

Someone needs to hype up this fight

Weird Sonnen gets a title shot to boost TUF ratings and all we have seen from Sonnen & Jones is they're best buddies.

anyone who is in charge of the mental game for a competition will always stress the need to take the challenge very seriously and not take any leap of faith, bc thats the best way to lose

any coach would say what greg said, even senior player leaders like derek fisher would always voice the same opinions

people always say what you say, but their mentality is what makes them winners

Good for Greg trying to patch things up with Dana, nice to see.

:rolleyes:

Chael's not a walk in the park for anyone. Doesn't matter that he just came from MW. I think JBJ beats him, but it won't be easy without good training and a game plan. Whether JBJ makes it look easy or not is a different matter

It wouldn't be hard considering Jones has never really had a tough fight.

They aren't taking Sonnen lightly.

Really? I doubt it. Sonnen would get handled by most of the fighters Jones has beaten in title fights. This fight will be a cakewalk. I know Greg Jackson can't say that, but I don't understand why he always feels the need to say this for every single fight. It's so disingenuous and annoying.

link - Greg Jackson: Chael Sonnen will be one of the toughest fights of Jon Jones' career

Greg really does love Cheal, he blushes every time he talks about him. Cheal is a walk in park for Jones a walk in the park with a wrestler.

Chael will put a lot of pressure on him. Always does always will. Jones will probably put him away with a knee or some sort.

I'd love for this fight to be competitive, I'd actually love to see Sonnen win. 1/20 chance though realistically.

I'm guessing this interview was via telephone. Because it would have been very hard for Jackson to say this stuff with a straight face.

Really? I doubt it. Sonnen would get handled by most of the fighters Jones has beaten in title fights. This fight will be a cakewalk. I know Greg Jackson can't say that, but I don't understand why he always feels the need to say this for every single fight. It's so disingenuous and annoying.

link - Greg Jackson: Chael Sonnen will be one of the toughest fights of Jon Jones' career

Sonnen will do no worse than anybody Jones has fought to date. Jones by UD 49-46 (Generous, but I can see Sonnen potentially getting a TD) or Jones via 4th Rd Submission.

Back