Greg Jackson: Chael Sonnen will be one of the toughest fights of Jon Jones career

Sonnen's aggression and wrestling may at least keep Bones off balance and concerned for a little bit. Jones hasn't had a tough fight to date, so saying Chael will be one of his toughest is still pretty much saying that Jones will walk through him.

Or in other words, Jones gets a cut of the ppv so better make it sound good.

It will tell us how he'd fair against a strong wrestler in the heavy's.

I hope you all realize this is just hype for the PPV fight? You all realize Jones collects a percentage of the PPV buys, right? I'm not a big fan of Jones but he is going to steamroll Sonnen and will make it look easy. This fight is such a sham.

Sonnen is going to pound jones. not saying Jones is bad. but Sonnen is a god amongst men a scholar, a gentleman and hes going to hand jones a red white and blue ass whopping ever so kindly after tier fight on a Saturday night.

WAR Sonnen LHW champion and P4P #1 Fighter In The World.

this

funny how people trash this fight so much but i can garuntee he will bring a better fight to jones than evans, rampage, or shogun did.

Shouldn't be so hard... most guys seem to be defeated before they enter the cage.

Really? I doubt it. Sonnen would get handled by most of the fighters Jones has beaten in title fights. This fight will be a cakewalk. I know Greg Jackson can't say that, but I don't understand why he always feels the need to say this for every single fight. It's so disingenuous and annoying.

I REALLY dont understand how so many idiots feel this way. Could any of Jon Jones opponents give Anderson a fight like Chael did? They would all get embarrassed. If Sonnen can look good against Anderson Silva, He'll be ready for Jon Jones. It will be Jon Jones most competitive fight of his life.

My dislike for Jon Jones is only equaled by the respect I have for his skill set. The best Jon Jones beats the best Chael Sonnen 9 out of 10 times. However, the question is can one of these guys make it so he isn't facing the best of his opponent. I think Chael's style and personality takes away a very important edge Jones has against most of his opponents, I'll call it mystique for lack of a better term. Around guys as dominant as Jones (Silva, Tyson in his prime are too other great examples) everyone who faces them is too careful. In the process of trying not to get beat, they get picked apart. Sonnen is going to take it to him hard from the beginning. Jones is not going to get the respect in the ring he is used to getting that gives him space and time to do his thing. Chances are high Jones wins anyway, but I think Sonnen has a chance and is going to be tougher for Jones than many people think.

Trololol.

It'd be hilarious though if Sonnen put him on his back from the opening bell, Sonnen doesn't care about the fighter's reputation or skill set, which is very refreshing nowadays . Chael Sonnen will do his best to pressure Jones test his TDD, cardio and his instincts. No one really knows how Jones deals with said pressure, without being allowed to think about his next few moves.

This thing is, Chael might just eat a giant knee for his trouble. Stylisticly, it's a perfect match up for Jones.

there is no chance sonnen poses any threat to jones. i think however, it sets up a clash between silva and jones.

Trololol.

It'd be hilarious though if Sonnen put him on his back from the opening bell, Sonnen doesn't care about the fighter's reputation or skill set, which is very refreshing nowadays . Chael Sonnen will do his best to pressure Jones test his TDD, cardio and his instincts. No one really knows how Jones deals with said pressure, without being allowed to think about his next few moves.

This thing is, Chael might just eat a giant knee for his trouble. Stylisticly, it's a perfect match up for Jones.

I agree with everything accept the last thing you said, which seems to counter the whole premise of your post. How can you say its a perfect matchup for Jones Stylisticly when you are saying yourself Jones has never fought anyone like this and for the first time his TDD, Cardio and gut instincts are going to be put to the test. This fight could be over in the first minute, but if its not.....I think the longer the fight goes the odds Sonnen wins go up.

I REALLY dont understand how so many idiots feel this way. Could any of Jon Jones opponents give Anderson a fight like Chael did? They would all get embarrassed. If Sonnen can look good against Anderson Silva, He'll be ready for Jon Jones. It will be Jon Jones most competitive fight of his life.

Which fight you talking about?
Silva/Sonnen 1 where Sonnen cheated (overload of TRT) to try to win.

Silva/Sonnen 2 where Sonnen (normal TRT) tired out after 1 round then got demolished.

IDIOT!!!:rolleyes:

If Jon happens to lose, coach has it covered--Chael is really great. If Jon wins, coach has created more hype for. Bones Jones' greatness . If someone wasn't going to watch because Chael doesn't have a chance, coach created interested and sold the product. Sounds like a good strategy on behalf of Mr Jackson.

Jones is going to cut through him like a flaming samurai sword through a toddler.

Theoretically he can be, nobody else has ever pushed the pace on JBJ and that is all Chael knows how to do.

I agree with everything accept the last thing you said, which seems to counter the whole premise of your post. How can you say its a perfect matchup for Jones Stylisticly when you are saying yourself Jones has never fought anyone like this and for the first time his TDD, Cardio and gut instincts are going to be put to the test. This fight could be over in the first minute, but if its not.....I think the longer the fight goes the odds Sonnen wins go up.

Not really. The two are not mutually exclusive. :eek:

MMA is all about match ups. Just because Chael can potentially give Jones trouble, it doesn't mean it isn't an easy match up, stylisticly.

Based on feats, Jones' MMA wrestling is just as good as Chael's, he is also a much, much better striker and submission artist than him. Then you add his physical advantages like speed, agility and reach. Unlike Silva, he doesn't have to worry about the take downs as much, he can strike and utilize his unorthodox style without worrying too much because his wrestling is good enough to at least neutralize the only aspect Chael might have an advantage, wrestling.If the takedowns fail Chael will be picked apart standing.

However: Perfect match up =/= guarantee victory

Chael, the person, can challenge Jones with his excellent mindset and aggresive style.Psychologically he might be able to break him down .

Ha! Hashad was Jones' toughest test so far, in my opinion, maybe Machida.

Back