Greg Jackson: Chael Sonnen will be one of the toughest fights of Jon Jones career

It will definitely be on of the (top 20) toughest fights of Jon Jone's career.

Everyone has tried to strike with Jones and lost. Chael will try and wresltle with him. Vs all the other guys it was Jones striking and defence that was challenged. NOw its going to be his conditioning and wrestling. That is one element of Jones game we havent seen yet and Chael is the right guy to test it.

Sonnen is going to pound jones. not saying Jones is bad. but Sonnen is a god amongst men a scholar, a gentleman and hes going to hand jones a red white and blue ass whopping ever so kindly after tier fight on a Saturday night.

WAR Sonnen LHW champion and P4P #1 Fighter In The World.

Sonnen fans blur the boundary between their identities and Sonnen's act. creepy stuff.

Sonnen will get killed more likely than not, but he will probably be the toughest fight for Jones simply because of his pace, his wrestling, and the fact that he's not terrified of JBJ the way Bader, Shogun, Machida, etc were.

There are no "easy" fights in UFC, but I don't think Jones has much to worry about in this one. Sonnen will try his high-pressure takedown approach, but it will be ineffective as Jones' wrestling is damn good. Jones is Silva with better wrestling, this will end similar to Silva-Sonnen 2.

JBJ is doing to Moonwalk over Sonnen

And I am a huge Sonnen fan

Really? I doubt it. Sonnen would get handled by most of the fighters Jones has beaten in title fights. This fight will be a cakewalk. I know Greg Jackson can't say that, but I don't understand why he always feels the need to say this for every single fight. It's so disingenuous and annoying.

link - Greg Jackson: Sonnen will be one of the toughest fights of Jon Jones' career

Jones will probably win. But Sonnen beats most of the fighters Jones has beaten in his title reign.

He would be favorite against Shogun, Rampage and Vitor. Rashad and Machida may have a slight edge stylistically.

Hyping a fight. I still hope sonnen would hump him for 5 rounds but it's just not gonna happen

What a bullshit fight. Gifting a title fight like this makes the UFC looks so stupid.

Everyone has tried to strike with Jones and lost. Chael will try and wresltle with him. Vs all the other guys it was Jones striking and defence that was challenged. NOw its going to be his conditioning and wrestling. That is one element of Jones game we havent seen yet and Chael is the right guy to test it.

Chael is in danger everywhere, he can't even feel comfortable in jones's guard with Jon's elbows from his back and the threat of subs. Plus, getting his hands on Jon isn't going to be easy, and Jon has taken plenty of excellent wrestlers down easily, he seems to surprise guys with his ability to close the distance and rag doll them. This is not an interesting fight, at least Hendo has the power to end it with one strike, even in the scrambles.

tumblr_m59zbr2G5P1rw0ifto1_250.gif

damn, even his prefight hype is redundant......every fight the same thing "will be the toughest fight yet"......in the meantime, the sun will rise in the east and set in the west

I am REALLY excited for this fight! Chael's frame with be very different to see going up a weight class.

Both guys fight styles on the ground are ugly but get shit done. I'm just trying to imagine Chael being in the positions he was in against Dan Miller on Jones. Somedays I see it, other days I think no way does Jon let Chael get even close to doing that.

The fight date is too far away...

The fight will likely go like this..

Chael comes rushing forward like always he'll clinch and try for a few TD's on the cage and get nowhere.. Jones will seperate and hit him with a variety of strikes. After a few more double leg attempts that fail followed up by Jones blasting him on the feet Sonnen will be softened up enough that he will be ready to let Jones finish him early in round 2..

The fight will likely go like this..

Chael comes rushing forward like always he'll clinch and try for a few TD's on the cage and get nowhere.. Jones will seperate and hit him with a variety of strikes. After a few more double leg attempts that fail followed up by Jones blasting him on the feet Sonnen will be softened up enough that he will be ready to let Jones finish him early in round 2..

I actually wouldn't be shocked to see Chael land a takedown. If that does happen though, he'll probably be choked out within 30 seconds, though.

Back