Green Bay Packers: 2020-2021 - I'm still confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was worried they would let agent 69 walk.

I guess next to get a new contract is Jones.

The defense pulls it out after the offense had the ball with a chance to put it away and couldn't get 1 yard. We need players on both offensive and defensive lines.

I don't like Aaron Jones being the lead back on 4th and short. Either run Jamaal Williams or use that wasted second round pick on AJ Dillon.

Rashan Gary is a bum and shouldn't be allowed to wear #52.

So with Bakh getting the extension, that seems to signal the end of Aaron Jones in GB. I'm fine with that, because Gute can probably re-sign both Linsley and Jamaal Williams.

Here's to hoping they run Jones into the ground and Kevin King returns to the starting lineup and balls out; only to get a nice payday elsewhere.

2020 SB champs, baby.

Terrible game but a win at least. Good news about Bakhtiari. Its nice to have their two biggest FA priorities already signed

not sure what happens with Jones but I’d rather keep him over Linsley and King. Could see Linsley walk and roll with Bahk/Runyan/Jenkins/Patrick/Turner next year and King coming back would shock me because of his health. All depends on what he wants but I would imagine he’s a priority to try and work something out with now

Linsley is playing at an all pro level though. I think keeping the o-line in tact with Rodgers getting older is a huge priority. I like Aaron Jones. A lot. But you just don't overpay for his position and he's hurt more often than not.

I feel the same way about King. He's hurt way too much. Which sucks, because him and Jaire our a great CB tandem.

Terrible game but a win at least. Good news about Bakhtiari. Its nice to have their two biggest FA priorities already signed

not sure what happens with Jones but I’d rather keep him over Linsley and King. Could see Linsley walk and roll with Bahk/Runyan/Jenkins/Patrick/Turner next year and King coming back would shock me because of his health. All depends on what he wants but I would imagine he’s a priority to try and work something out with now

Is it possible for Turner to learn to block without holding?

It's going to be really interesting, of course several scenarios are possible depending on what each player wants.

King misses too many games and it's not like he's great when he's healthy either, maybe his deal wouldn't be as big as many think, but maybe then he'd prefer to test FA because he figures one of the teams will go full retard.

I love Jones but (1) he was injured a bunch since being drafted and (2) I don't think that he's quite as special as some of the other RBs like McCaffrey, Cook, Kamara etc. (3) Not hating on the position like others, but they simply are the most replaceable position group.

Linsley has a monster season so far, he was written off as far as an extension goes before the season even started but his level of play has been incredible. I agree that it might also depend on what they want to do with Jenkins going forward.

------

If it is Linsley+King or just Jones, I would let Jones walk and roll with Dillon, Williams and a newly drafted RB. I'm fine with whatever they do unless they grossly overpay someone, though.

It's going to be really interesting, of course several scenarios are possible depending on what each player wants.

King misses too many games and it's not like he's great when he's healthy either, maybe his deal wouldn't be as big as many think, but maybe then he'd prefer to test FA because he figures one of the teams will go full retard.

I love Jones but (1) he was injured a bunch since being drafted and (2) I don't think that he's quite as special as some of the other RBs like McCaffrey, Cook, Kamara etc. (3) Not hating on the position like others, but they simply are the most replaceable position group.

Linsley has a monster season so far, he was written off as far as an extension goes before the season even started but his level of play has been incredible. I agree that it might also depend on what they want to do with Jenkins going forward.

------

If it is Linsley+King or just Jones, I would let Jones walk and roll with Dillon, Williams and a newly drafted RB. I'm fine with whatever they do unless they grossly overpay someone, though.
I'd rather they do Linsley and then let both King and Jones walk unless guys are willing to take team friendly deals. Look at LeVeon Bell and Zeke. The line matters a TON to how efficient runningbacks can be. Keep the OL, maybe try to find a cheap vet CB someplace that isn't at the end of their career the way Tramon Williams was in his second stint, and then get a FUCKING ROUND 1 FUCKING INTERIOR LINEBACKER

I'd rather they do Linsley and then let both King and Jones walk unless guys are willing to take team friendly deals. Look at LeVeon Bell and Zeke. The line matters a TON to how efficient runningbacks can be. Keep the OL, maybe try to find a cheap vet CB someplace that isn't at the end of their career the way Tramon Williams was in his second stint, and then get a FUCKING ROUND 1 FUCKING INTERIOR LINEBACKER
We will most certainly put a lot of thought into the FA/extensions and draft, only for Gutekunst to do some extremely obscure and unpredictable things again. :D

Me watching Tee Higgins make his way toward a 1000-yard rookie season.

AdorableKindheartedGeese-size_restricted.gif

tenor.gif

Em4xcx2WMAE8AWE

GB putting the "special" into special teams.

I mean, come on. Does GB have a coaching problem? Why can't they deal with punting?

Why do they lack energy on a consistent basis?

Jacksonville wins yesterday with competent QB play. Oh well.

Em4xcx2WMAE8AWE

GB putting the "special" into special teams.

I mean, come on. Does GB have a coaching problem? Why can't they deal with punting?

Why do they lack energy on a consistent basis?

Jacksonville wins yesterday with competent QB play. Oh well.

Green Bay has a long standing problem with "special" teams. They seem to have trouble figuring out where the ball is when it's in the air. They are very easy to decoy. We always had a plan where the ball was going to be kicked and it was fairly easy to see where it is in the air. Most of the Packer team is very bad at tackling and have been for years. They throw a shoulder block or try to knock the ball out instead of grabbing the ball carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back