Green Bay Packers: 2020-2021 - I'm still confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all in on the 2020 Packers. I feel they are coming together to get hot at the right time.

Maybe there is some foolish optimism on my part, but whatever man. This squad can get it done.
Might be the booze talking haha. I hope all the players that got hurt today are alright (Linsley, Savage, Lazard, Martin and Patrick). O-Line is good, if they don't have an off game like against the Bucs (+Rodgers as well) and all their playmakers are available, they can carve up any defense I think. But the defense does still worry me and everyone else tbh, they haven't got a ton of pressure today and the fumble TD should have been a face mask call, they also won't face someone like Trubisky when the going gets tough.

But that's in the future. Now they have four pretty bad teams left (Bears again, Lions, Eagles and Panthers) plus the Titans. Three games to gain some more confidence and the Titans will be THE tough test before the playoffs.

Also

For all the rightful flack Gutekunst gets, he put together an amazing and deep O-Line. Many people overlook how important that is, many teams over the years had good QBs and weapons but were ultimately held back by an average or worse O-Line.

I'm all in on the 2020 Packers. I feel they are coming together to get hot at the right time.

Maybe there is some foolish optimism on my part, but whatever man. This squad can get it done.

The defense in the fourth quarter leaves me with that uneasy feeling. We can't count on quarterbacks fumbling and throwing errant passes. The Bears were going down the field pretty easily too often.

Might be the booze talking haha. I hope all the players that got hurt today are alright (Linsley, Savage, Lazard, Martin and Patrick). O-Line is good, if they don't have an off game like against the Bucs (+Rodgers as well) and all their playmakers are available, they can carve up any defense I think. But the defense does still worry me and everyone else tbh, they haven't got a ton of pressure today and the fumble TD should have been a face mask call, they also won't face someone like Trubisky when the going gets tough.

But that's in the future. Now they have four pretty bad teams left (Bears again, Lions, Eagles and Panthers) plus the Titans. Three games to gain some more confidence and the Titans will be THE tough test before the playoffs.

Henry will eat the Pack. They can't stop the run. Henry can't be stopped. Nope. Rodgers sits and watches.

The Bad Man is in jail on 12/27

Packers signed Tavon Austin.

Safe to say this likely means 3 wide sets will be Adams, Lazard, and Austin moving forward?
Doubt it, he’ll be doing Irvin’s role (returns/end arounds etc) he’s more of a gadget player than an actual WR

Linsley has a MCL sprain, will miss a couple weeks. Good audition for Runyan here. Don’t know about any other injuries. Saw Lazard came back into the game later so he’s probably good

thoughts on game- good win against a rival, holy shit Mitch is terrible. They probably had a better chance if they kept it simple with short/medium passes but he got greedy a few times. Savage probably his best game of his career. Heard that Gary got the start over Preston, hope that and the TD he scored motivates him to close out the year strong. Thought the offense did a good job, specifically pass pro and the run game. They had the best redzone d in the league in terms of TD % but GB had 4 TDs there

gfrl7wjvkf261.jpg

And WillnFuller just got suspended for a PED violation. Dodged that bullet
Lmao Gute ninja'd his way out of that possible debacle

Imagine giving up a 2nd for a complete rental and then losing him for 6 games? Good god
Will Fuller was never my friend.
I'm sure everyone would have agreed that the move for Fuller was necessary and Gute wouldn't have gotten any flack for it.

<{yahyou}>
-------------------------------------

Kenny Stills cleared the waivers by the way. Maybe Gute will go for him if he is willing to sign for cheap. I think they want as much rollover cap as possible tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back