Green Bay Packers 2019: How bad can it get?

Rodgers is still in his prime, IMO. He can still put a team on his back if he had the weapons around him on offense; but he shouldn't have to. Not anymore. Giving Rodgers a solid O-line and a legit running game will help him settle down in the pocket and not make him think he has to play hero ball all the time. My only concern is can Gute/LaFluer get this team ready to compete before Rodgers does age out? We shall see.
All they REALLY need on offense to get it clicking is this:
- Replace the right Guard and Tackle. Bulaga is great but dude just CAN'T stay healthy.
- A tight end that can not only block but also catch. They're few and far between but find a Diet Gronk/Ertz/Kelce that can do both receiving and blocking duties.

All they REALLY need on offense to get it clicking is this:
- Replace the right Guard and Tackle. Bulaga is great but dude just CAN'T stay healthy.
- A tight end that can not only block but also catch. They're few and far between but find a Diet Gronk/Ertz/Kelce that can do both receiving and blocking duties.

I really, really hope Bobby Tonyan takes a leap in 2019. Or go after Noah Fant.

So how y'all feel about GB possibly picking up Barr in FA? Dude is played out of his natural pass rushing position in Minny and will be 27 come March.

@Gregolian will have the final say in the matter for obvious reasons.

So how y'all feel about GB possibly picking up Barr in FA? Dude is played out of his natural pass rushing position in Minny and will be 27 come March.

Only if he does to Cousins what he did to Rodgers.

If it wasn't for the possible emergence of Kumerow; I'd be down with Beasley being Rodgers security blanket:

He's my top FA target after Joyner. His price is going to be way undervalued since they played him off the line. He was seen as only a step below Mack coming out, and some thought he'd go before him because of his upside.

He's my top FA target after Joyner. His price is going to be way undervalued since they played him off the line. He was seen as only a step below Mack coming out, and some thought he'd go before him because of his upside.
If we get Barr and a good safety to replace that idiot Brice and say get lucky and get one of the two Allen's in the draft I will be happy with where we are set.

If we get Barr and a good safety to replace that idiot Brice and say get lucky and get one of the two Allen's in the draft I will be happy with where we are set.

It's an exciting offseason for sure. The free agent class is tailor made for the Packers' needs.

I'm not crazy about Zach Allen as a fit, but I think Josh Allen is firmly out of reach after the second half of his season.

It's an exciting offseason for sure. The free agent class is tailor made for the Packers' needs.

I'm not crazy about Zach Allen as a fit, but I think Josh Allen is firmly out of reach after the second half of his season.
If Zach Allen were like 5 years into a pro career I'd be less sold on him. As is he's coming out of college... I know it's rough taking a 4-3 guy and shoving him into like a 3-4 system and vice versa but I feel like college players you can mold them a bit more so to speak.

Lol you'd have to find some dark shit on Instagram to get Josh Allen to drop to 12. I maintain that his (half? quarter?) brother Zach seems perfect for a power over speed system like Green Bay, but overall, Pettine seems to have a clear vision of what he wants and I trust Gute to get whatever is needed.

Morgan Burnett publicly wants out of Pittsburgh. Apparently they had him playing a lot of dime linebacker and he blew ass at it, and wants to play Safety again

Bring the man back

Morgan Burnett publicly wants out of Pittsburgh. Apparently they had him playing a lot of dime linebacker and he blew ass at it, and wants to play Safety again

Bring the man back

I'm the biggest Burnett hater here, but I'd take him over Brice and those other cans any day. Doesn't get any worse than what GB has now.

Yeah I wish Cantrell Brice nothing but the best in his personal life, I'll be glad if he goes to LA and balls out like the rest of them seem to... But please god let Gute find a decent upgrade in the draft or FA

Yeah I wish Cantrell Brice nothing but the best in his personal life, I'll be glad if he goes to LA and balls out like the rest of them seem to... But please god let Gute find a decent upgrade in the draft or FA

I personally want Earl Thomas. He'd bring some veteran leadership to the back-end of that secondary, no doubt.

Still no draft talk? Wow.

Oddly enough, I'm more intrigued with which homegrown vets GB will be letting go. Cobb? Clay? Bulaga even?

Once the combine starts there will be a clearer picture for the draft.

Oddly enough, I'm more intrigued with which homegrown vets GB will be letting go. Cobb? Clay? Bulaga even?

Once the combine starts there will be a clearer picture for the draft.

Clay has to be gone, right? None of them would surprise me really. I think Cobb has the best chance to stay. What's your guess?

Clay has to be gone, right? None of them would surprise me really. I think Cobb has the best chance to stay. What's your guess?

Unless they draft a RT early I think Bulaga stays. He actually played well when he was on the field this year. Maybe a better strength and conditioning staff can help him out, lol.

I really think one of Clay/Cobb almost has to be gone. Cobb just misses too much time. I love the guy, but unless he's playing against the Bears or in the playoffs he is almost a non-factor these days. I'd like Clay back on a much reduced salary. He needs to have his snap count reduced like we did with Peppers in 2015/2016.

Back