Green Bay Packers 2019-2020: Touchdown Jesus

Have you accepted Touchdown Jesus as your Lord and Savior?

• Total voters
Queen/Higgins would be solid. Although I'm not sure if they will really spend a first rounder on a LB. I'd prefer Bulaga replacement/Higgins, if someone legit is there at #30.

I'll be very disappointed if we draft OT. Just because it will be pretty well solidifying that the team won't be as good as it was last year, as no T will be as productive as Bulaga and ILB/WR won't be meaningfully upgraded.

Agree about ILB, though.

Gute is unpredictable and especially this draft will be even more unpredictable than others. Some official already came out and said that mocks are more off than ever this year. Another one noted that this receiver class apparently isn't considered that great by teams and that some want to trade up to secure one of the top 4.

Talking about #30:

ILB: Queen and Murray obviously, though they both come with some red flags and I'm really not sure if the Packers are comfortable spending their first on that.
OT: Josh Jones, Cleveland, Austin Jackson - another three guys that are ranked all over the place and no one knows how the Packers view them.
WR: Love Higgins, Packers probably do not. Other than that I would not hate Pittmann, Mims, Aiyuk, Reagor and Jefferson via trade up if he falls to 20+. Again, except for Jefferson they are all ranked in a huge range (even Jefferson, just not as much).
S/CB: Winfield, Delpit, McKinney depending who might fall; Fulton, Johnson...always an option for the Packers.

I don't want iDL, iOL (except maybe Ruiz), Edge, RB or QB that early for various reasons.

Kinda like the value in R3, I think depending on how the board falls it could be cool to net another third, or at least early 4th to play around with.

---------------------

Know he has holes in his game and isn't as good as he was supposed to be, but I wouldn't mind Raekwon Davis in R2 at all if he's still there. Monster, but hard to tell if he's ever going to play up to his potential (so kind of like Gary at Edge huh).

Can watch day two live, can't watch R1 live so just please don't let me wake up on Friday early morning and ruin my day @ Gute.

If there's an ILB that can ball in the 1st then take him immediately
Lots of fans think that way, but the Packers very likely just don't value that position all that much. Plus, Queen is a late riser and short term starter and some are not very high on his game. Murray has some holes, too, especially because he can't cover at all as of right now. You'd think that they have to go ILB sometime, though.

Gute sounded like he really wants to move around in the draft. Expect him to be aggressive when someone is available in the 20+'s they really like, if not, trade down. Tough seeing him stay at 30 at this point.

Also they lost the connection in the conference call after expressing his confidence for the online draft lmao

Last edited:
I'll be very disappointed if we draft OT. Just because it will be pretty well solidifying that the team won't be as good as it was last year, as no T will be as productive as Bulaga
What's the alternative though? Give up a a pick and a player for Trent Williams?

Also, irreverent hope season question, but how far do y'all think the top qbs need to fall before Gute starts looking for the heir apparent? Man I know they won't pull the trigger, but after someone trades back into the end of the first round for tua/love/hurts and then they look like a stud in a couple years, we'll really be thinking about what could've been.

What's the alternative though? Give up a a pick and a player for Trent Williams?
Think that was just about the first pick. Could just run with Rick Wagner and a later round pick, or try to get your OT next year and sign someone like Veldheer as backup again for this season.

Also, irreverent hope season question, but how far do y'all think the top qbs need to fall before Gute starts looking for the heir apparent? Man I know they won't pull the trigger, but after someone trades back into the end of the first round for tua/love/hurts and then they look like a stud in a couple years, we'll really be thinking about what could've been.

I think they are always looking and if some QB they love falls to #30, they will pull the trigger. Right now I think the Jordan Love and Jalen Hurts interest is being "leaked" because they might want to trade down or might want to provoke someone trading up from R2 to pick 27/28/29 and take a QB, thus potentially saving a player they like. Chargers apparently love Hurts, maybe they take a tackle with their first pick and then trade back up into R1 for the 5th year option? Maybe even with the Packers...

IMO they just should run with Rodgers for the time being and use resources for whatever it takes to further strenghten the defense, give him protection and some weapons. Not a future teller, but at his age and with his style he might go down in one of the next few seasons giving them a way better pick to find a QB than at 30 or whatever.

Can only imagine how mad @Trotsky will be if Gute doesn't get OJ Howard now ;)

This dude will be available mid rounds:

I know Air Raid doesn't transfer the best to the NFL but the guy is used to throwing 100 times a game already and looked better than Justin Hebert and the dude from UW who are among the scouts top 5 at the position.

5500 yards and 48 TDs in a season in college ain't something to look past.

Granted they're my college team but the Packers should take a look at this guy when he comes out for the draft barring any injuries in his remaining college years:

This dude will be available mid rounds:

I know Air Raid doesn't transfer the best to the NFL but the guy is used to throwing 100 times a game already and looked better than Justin Hebert and the dude from UW who are among the scouts top 5 at the position.

I have zero interest in mid or late round quarterbacks.

Late round QB's becoming successful in the NFL just isn't a thing anymore with how comprehensive the scouting process has become and how loosened physical requirements have become following the success of guys like Russell Wilson. We may never see another Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, or Tony Romo. Certainly, the hit rate on those picks is going to be so astronomically tiny compared to other positions that picking a QB past round 2 will basically be a forfeited pick.

I have zero interest in mid or late round quarterbacks.

Late round QB's becoming successful in the NFL just isn't a thing anymore with how comprehensive the scouting process has become and how loosened physical requirements have become following the success of guys like Russell Wilson. We may never see another Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, or Tony Romo. Certainly, the hit rate on those picks is going to be so astronomically tiny compared to other positions that picking a QB past round 2 will basically be a forfeited pick.
My thing though is that Gordon looked better than that kid from UW and Justin Herbert who are talked as if they are all first round prospects ALL last season and in the Senior Bowl. He just doesn't get talked about because people hate Air Raid QBs but look at what Reid has done with Mahomes and what this guy was able to do when given a shot:

All time great/GOAT? Likely not but you can find competent QBs outside of the first 2 rounds that get you wins and if you build the team around them, which Gute seems willing to do, they'll win you games.

Also:
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...hurts-quarterbacks/1felfn9er5mog1ob7z3ccwja6p

These guys have the Pack grabbing Gordon. He'll get at minimum two seasons (if they play this fall) if not more behind Aaron Rodgers. It's not like they're taking a 6th round pick and throwing him out there to the wolves as a rookie.

Of the QB prospects everyone speaks of, the Pack have been linked MOST with Utah State QB Jordan Love. Utah State may be D1 but they'r fucking Mountain West... ie, the top team in that division for years has been Boise State.

Projections have Jake Fromm as a third rounder too. And it's a below average arm holding him back. Accuracy he's great, it's strength wise people are worried.

The issue I take with "to have a qb you need a 1st or 2nd rounder" (especially this year) is because there are SO MANY QB DESPERATE TEAMS. You aren't going to be able to trade up to get a Burrow, Tua, Hurts, Love, or Herbert unless you sell you team's future to the shit tier teams in draft picks and current players.

there are SO MANY QB DESPERATE TEAMS. You aren't going to be able to trade up to get a Burrow, Tua, Hurts, Love, or Herbert unless you sell you team's future to the shit tier teams in draft picks and current players.
are there so many qb-needy teams though? Relative to the number of good qbs in the draft? I could totally see 4 or 5 qbs go in the top 10-20 picks, and then you still have potential studs in freefall because everyone will have "their guy"

are there so many qb-needy teams though? Relative to the number of good qbs in the draft? I could totally see 4 or 5 qbs go in the top 10-20 picks, and then you still have potential studs in freefall because everyone will have "their guy"
Bungles
LOLphins
Chargers
Colts will probably grab a young guy
Rumor is giants are in the market
Pats likely grab someone just in case
Raiders
Rumor of the Lions
Bears

Pass on TJ Watt... trade up for Love when he’d have been available at 30. I’m lost

Pass on TJ Watt... trade up for Love when he’d have been available at 30. I’m lost

I don't really know what to think, to be honest.

Gute must not believe Rodgers has much left if you are drafting his successor when he has 4 years left on his contract. QB's don't sit for 3 years these days, so I'm not sure what to make of that pick.

On the bright side, maybe Rodgers balls the fuck out knowing Gute has essentially drafted his heir apparent.

I don't really know what to think, to be honest.

Gute must not believe Rodgers has much left if you are drafting his successor when he has 4 years left on his contract. QB's don't sit for 3 years these days, so I'm not sure what to make of that pick.

On the bright side, maybe Rodgers balls the fuck out knowing Gute has essentially drafted his heir apparent.
What little I know of Love is he’s pretty athletic.... could they try to use him like Taysom Hill?

He’s got decent arm talent and can throw off his back foot

Back