International Greece Seeks 24 F-35 Stealth Jets

I forgot to add The Indians are also Vegetarians and have been vegetarians for centuries. It is like a big incel beta community breeding ground for centuries and millenniums. They will fight little but get disheartened when things get tough and war of attrition begins. They just don't have the stomach for such things, the grind and cruelty
calling the superpower India weak must be trolling

Aren't the Greeks completely broke? LOL @ buying jets.

Cya Turkey.

I was thinking the same. Weren't they begging for bailouts from the rest of the EU?

To state the obvious, but war while you're begging for cash seems like a bad idea.

It's not that you just said turkey would beat Greece in a war, you made some obviously bullshit claims about turkey getting stronger by the day. Turkey is a mess and will eventually collapse. Its future is bleak at best. But you were making out its some major power with a great future. Turks themselves know this to be false, as they're constantly trying to leave turkey (and try to move to the West).

You're a turk who's ashamed to admit it. lol
Saying anything positive to the slightest is one of them? So, I’m from about 20 nationals in here who openly said one would curbstomp the other on 1v1 situation because yzc.

Gotcha.

The fame was certainly true, that's why Latins decided to backstab the Byzantines during the 4th crusade, but overally the Empire suffered a lot from internal strife, we know that under good leadership it was good (Komnenos restoration) but good leadership was lacking.

Greeks have never been the same since they killed Alexander, Romans also had pretty poor views of Greeks and Hannibal failed miserably when commanding Greeks due to poor discipline.

You are trying to generalise one of the longest lasting Empires in history...

I would recommend reading Norwhich’s book .

You are trying to generalise one of the longest lasting Empires in history...

Im not trying to generalize the Byzantine Empire entiry history, i merely claimed and its undeniable truth in this, that the Byzantine Empire was pretty much a goner, by the time the Ottomans rose in power.

It's funny because fundamentally the Greeks are broke because of their four century occupation by the Ottomans, which was characterized by an age of intellectual darkness caused by religious fanaticism and the struggle for survival. They didn't get a renaissance or an Enlightement. The negative things we now associate with the Greeks like laziness and the over-reliance on the "father state" are cultural remnants of Middle-eastern culture and that age of darkness. The ancient Greeks weren't like this. On a deep level, the Ottomans corrupted the Greeks and made them into something lesser than what they were. It's truly messed up when you think about it, and were I Greek I would never forgive them in a million years - not until I got my revenge.
So the Greeks have no agency in their laziness whatsoever? Muslims are to blame for everything eh? LMAO.

Hi Turk

Greece has beaten Turkey in modern wars (I’m using the academic definition of modern), so your premise is fundamentally flawed.

Turkey is broke (more broke than Greece) and is struggling to survive. Their military is large but incompetent. Look at the poor level of seamanship in the Turkish navy, children would make better skippers. Look at how they struggle on their own border against militias. Fighting a European state whose military is designed to resist you is a complete different ballgame.

Turkish culture doesn’t reward success - case in point - they can’t even build earthquake proof buildings despite living in the region for 600 years (unlike the Greeks - see the recent Samos earthquake that destroyed Izmir). Greeks are corrupt but successful. In the only industry they care about (shipping) they are the global leader with the worlds biggest fleet, eclipsing all the superpowers. Their fleet is larger than the US and UK fleet combined. You can’t bullshit that level of success.

Greece needs to hold out until the EU can mobilise. Can they do it? With one of the biggest armies in Europe, perhaps.
You really have to stretch the definition of “successful” to call Greeks that with a straight face. Turkey is a whole different matter but Greece is objectively not successful.

You really have to stretch the definition of “successful” to call Greeks that with a straight face. Turkey is a whole different matter but Greece is objectively not successful.
Objectively wrong. Greece is a relative failure

1024px-High-income_economies_2019.png

That confused me as well.

Edit: maybe the key word is "relative"?
the map seems to me very "black and white"

edit: maybe its worth mentioning that greece is an israel ally
and israel knows where turkey's weapons are
meaning that greece might know exactly where to aim

Last edited:

Greece is first world, turkey third world.

maybe I am blind but Greece seems to be on the high income group while turkey isn't

edit: also per capita much better than turkey (40 vs 70)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita
Correct. He said Greece is an objective failure, I said they are only relatively a failure, considering they’re among the richest nations on earth.

Greece is terrible by European standards but still better than much of the Middle East, for example.

about stealth weapons, they are not untouchable
but the purchase is justified since they must have something just in case
turkeys erdogan is an unpredictable entity

Correct. He said Greece is an objective failure, I said they are only relatively a failure, considering they’re among the richest nations on earth.

Greece is terrible by European standards but still better than much of the Middle East, for example.
imo greece main problem is a high consumption public sector
but they are working very hard on improving it
I think that they will succeed at getting out of the mud (because they give it attention)

Last edited:
Back