International Greece Seeks 24 F-35 Stealth Jets

This is a so funny, a country living on loans... But they want F-35 to fight against Turkey!
I doubt they want the F35s to fight Turkey. They want them in case Turkey wants to fight them, which to me is a valid concern given the latest geopolitical affairs. Also if getting loans was a deciding factor on military budgets, we would be living in a hippie demilitarised world as all countries are on loans. People who follow international politics as much as I follow soccer (read something about it every 4 years which I immediately forget) should refrain from making bold statements. You read about 10 years ago that Greece is about to default and since you have no frame of reference ever since, you believe that Greece is going to be in a near-default state in perpetuity. About a year ago I remember reading Greek debt carried a negative interest rate. Don't know how their economy does post covid, but I believe they are far from living on loans.

I doubt they want the F35s to fight Turkey. They want them in case Turkey wants to fight them, which to me is a valid concern given the latest geopolitical affairs. Also if getting loans was a deciding factor on military budgets, we would be living in a hippie demilitarised world as all countries are on loans. People who follow international politics as much as I follow soccer (read something about it every 4 years which I immediately forget) should refrain from making bold statements. You read about 10 years ago that Greece is about to default and since you have no frame of reference ever since, you believe that Greece is going to be in a near-default state in perpetuity. About a year ago I remember reading Greek debt carried a negative interest rate. Don't know how their economy does post covid, but I believe they are far from living on loans.
I almost don"t follow soccer at all. I know better than you think the Greek mentality. And I didn"t say Greece is gonna attack Turkey. I only spoke the truth. If you are a diplomat, it does not mean that all Greeks are like that. And with the Turks it"s even harder than with the Greeks, for example. The aggressors were indeed Ottomans, but there are also bad people in Greece like in almost any other country. It is an area where a conflict can break out. No need to tell us how civilized is the region. Even Greek Orthodoxy promotes some false prophecies about war(s), and they don"t come from Asia.

I am not against Greece, I am against war. And you have a big issue with the economy. Moroever you are hugely dependent on tourism.

What did I say wrong? You have twice your total GDP external debt. Is it justified to buy F-35s? Another public waste of money.

F-35s are bloody expensive, moreover some other countries are buying 2nd hand F-16s (modernized though).

F-35s are bought only by G economies, plus Belgium, Netherlands, and I see also now Denmark.

And by Poland of course, another funny country. Greece would be in category with Poland, they would own F-35s but they would have many other problems (economical).

You have to upgrade your army but you don"t start by acquiring most expensive aircrafts.

What"s bad indeed for Greece is that Turkey will probably be buying a lot of F-35s, but Turkey is like Russia. It prefers to have starvation, than not investing in the army.

Spain doesn"t buy F-35s for example. To understand how "feasible" would be for Greece and even for Poland the acquisition. They would make fun of their citizens.

If nobody criticizes big this plan in Greece, then you have a problem. And you might go back to wasting public funds on less important things. I hope not... I personally don"t care, even Kosovo can buy F-35s, but in my opinion you should not support this or be so happy because the outcome could be negative!

Last edited:
What the hell are you replying to mate? I have a hard time following you.

F-35s are bought only by G economies, plus Belgium, Netherlands, and I see also now Denmark.

And by Poland of course, another funny country. .
They should have waited for a model that doesn't have so many issues
No one thinks that these countries are going to a war tomorrow
I heard that the f35 is so bad in terms of longevity that by 2030 he will be considered trash(just an opinion)

Why not wait for a better model?
Pretty funny imo
Have you ever saw someone running to invest in prototypes? Ye, funny

Greece does need something just in case

Last edited:
They should have waited for a model that doesn't have so many issues
No one thinks that these countries are going to a war tomorrow
I heard that the f35 is so bad in terms of longevity that by 2030 he will be considered trash(just an opinion)

Why not wait for a better model?
Pretty funny imo
Have you ever saw someone running to invest in prototypes? Ye, funny

Greece does need something just in case
Better to buy dozens of poorer Fs but upgraded, than 5 F-35s. Or 10-15, whatever. Because like you said, F-35 has some issues we hardly know yet.

Greece unfortunately right now may not even afford some Patriots. It would have been a wiser investment but a bigger one. Romania preferred to invest buy upgraded older aircrafts but to acquire missiles. I do believe the buys of Romania and Poland (Patriots) are wise investments and America/NATO had the last word. Spain and Germany also have Patriot air missiles, and no F-35s at all.

My fault, Greece has Patriots! It is one of the 14th states.

The ''Western way'' of life came to us from West Europe as the words suggest. Greece is not West Europe.
It's simple geography.
Ancient Greece expanded to what is now France, Italy, and even Spain. Western philosophy has its roots in Greek philosophy and the New Testament, which represent the core of western religiosity, was written in Greek.
But, yes, Greece has been on the decline since then. I think they peaked around the time of the battle of Marathon and Salamis.

Ancient Greece expanded to what is now France, Italy, and even Spain. Western philosophy has its roots in Greek philosophy and the New Testament, which represent the core of western religiosity, was written in Greek.
But, yes, Greece has been on the decline since then. I think they peaked around the time of the battle of Marathon and Salamis.

This is Ancient Greece, bro. Do you even know where it's located? And where have you heard such things that it stretches to France?
I've never heard that.

t2-h-5715-map-of-ancient-greece-display-poster_ver_2.jpg

Greek_Colonization_Archaic_Period.png

I mean as a civilization, politically it was never united, not even the core areas.

Isn't it the same as saying the Danish civilization stretched to North America because there were Viking settlements on New Foundland?.. They were never united.

And how do some small settlements create the "Western way of life" is still unknown.

Isn't it the same as saying the Danish civilization stretched to North America because there were Viking settlements on New Foundland?.. They were never united.

And how do some small settlements create the "Western way of life" is still unknown.
Greek peoples and Greek culture and ideas was all over the Mediterranean and was influential wherever they went.

I actually agree with you that the Western way was founded in Western Europe, but the core way of thinking is distinctly Greek.

creating/sharing the most influential ideas we have today such as democracy and christianity
being a cornerstone for science, math and philosophy
Yes, while the Danish didn't change anything due to these small settlements there.

Greek peoples and Greek culture and ideas was all over the Mediterranean and was influential wherever they went.

I actually agree with you that the Western way was founded in Western Europe, but the core way of thinking is distinctly Greek.
The Greeks also stopped the Persians from subjugating at least a part of Europe. Who knows what would have happened if the Persians conquered all of Greece and maybe moved to Italy?
They also helped to give the last blow to the Ottoman Empire, before screwing it all up.

Better to buy dozens of poorer Fs but upgraded, than 5 F-35s. Or 10-15, whatever. Because like you said, F-35 has some issues we hardly know yet.

Greece unfortunately right now may not even afford some Patriots. It would have been a wiser investment but a bigger one. Romania preferred to invest buy upgraded older aircrafts but to acquire missiles. I do believe the buys of Romania and Poland (Patriots) are wise investments and America/NATO had the last word. Spain and Germany also have Patriot air missiles, and no F-35s at all.

I am wondering if they are intentionally trying to completely kill their economy to justify abandoning their debt.

I almost don"t follow soccer at all. I know better than you think the Greek mentality. And I didn"t say Greece is gonna attack Turkey. I only spoke the truth. If you are a diplomat, it does not mean that all Greeks are like that. And with the Turks it"s even harder than with the Greeks, for example. The aggressors were indeed Ottomans, but there are also bad people in Greece like in almost any other country. It is an area where a conflict can break out. No need to tell us how civilized is the region. Even Greek Orthodoxy promotes some false prophecies about war(s), and they don"t come from Asia.

I am not against Greece, I am against war. And you have a big issue with the economy. Moroever you are hugely dependent on tourism.

What did I say wrong? You have twice your total GDP external debt. Is it justified to buy F-35s? Another public waste of money.

F-35s are bloody expensive, moreover some other countries are buying 2nd hand F-16s (modernized though).

Shipowners will foot the bill, as they always do.

Yes, while the Danish didn't change anything due to these small settlements there.
What is Danish?
Just a new and small tribe
Seriously though, they were pagans practicing human sacrificing

Back