International Greece Seeks 24 F-35 Stealth Jets

You have to be a turk. lol
Nope, just because I said Turks would curbstomp Greece (most people hold this opinion for obvious reasons BTW) doesn’t mean I’m a Turk. Not even from the East but that’s irrelevant to the topic.

Last edited:
Just because I said Turks would curbstomp Greece (most people hold this opinion for obvious reasons BTW) doesn’t mean I’m a Turk. Not even from the East.
As a Greek I agree that Turkey would win easily against Greece in an all out, one on one war. That being said when you account for allies Turkey can't win. They have enemies in every direction, both countries are broke, and Greece would Allie with France, Egypt and now UAE which would easily tip the balance of power in their favor.

Again in a one on one all out war I can't see Greece winning but how it would realistically play out I just can't see Turkey pulling through. Turkey is the one saber rattling where as Greece is actually gearing up and would not hesitate to defend itself and won't simply roll over.

Nope, just because I said Turks would curbstomp Greece (most people hold this opinion for obvious reasons BTW) doesn’t mean I’m a Turk. Not even from the East but that’s irrelevant to the topic.

It's not that you just said turkey would beat Greece in a war, you made some obviously bullshit claims about turkey getting stronger by the day. Turkey is a mess and will eventually collapse. Its future is bleak at best. But you were making out its some major power with a great future. Turks themselves know this to be false, as they're constantly trying to leave turkey (and try to move to the West).

You're a turk who's ashamed to admit it. lol

Are you reading German history books from the 1840s? This is simply not true.

The fame was certainly true, that's why Latins decided to backstab the Byzantines during the 4th crusade, but overally the Empire suffered a lot from internal strife, we know that under good leadership it was good (Komnenos restoration) but good leadership was lacking.

Greeks have never been the same since they killed Alexander, Romans also had pretty poor views of Greeks and Hannibal failed miserably when commanding Greeks due to poor discipline.

Greece would Allie with France, Egypt and now UAE which would easily tip the balance of power in their favor.

Russia would certainly ally with Turkey if it meant getting Turkey out of NATO.

I doubt that, Russia and Turkey have been conflicted for a while. If I remember well Greek and Russian politicians have met in the last years, not to mention the huge amount of Russians that live in Crete. Plus all the Russian billionaires have their yachts in Greece

I doubt that, Russia and Turkey have been conflicted for a while. If I remember well Greek and Russian politicians have met in the last years, not to mention the huge amount of Russians that live in Crete. Plus all the Russian billionaires have their yachts in Greece

Russia just let Turkey curbstomp Armenia because they elected a pro-West leader.

Russia isnt friend of Turkey but rest assured that for Russia, the main rival is always going to be the West, because the West can check Russia both economically and militarily, Turkey cant.

Russia would 100% let Turkey shoot itself in the foot and even help it.

As a Greek I agree that Turkey would win easily against Greece in an all out, one on one war. That being said when you account for allies Turkey can't win. They have enemies in every direction, both countries are broke, and Greece would Allie with France, Egypt and now UAE which would easily tip the balance of power in their favor.

Again in a one on one all out war I can't see Greece winning but how it would realistically play out I just can't see Turkey pulling through. Turkey is the one saber rattling where as Greece is actually gearing up and would not hesitate to defend itself and won't simply roll over.

Turkey has strong allies and could make it a tough fight EU vs the 6 Turkic nations + Pakistan. It would definitely be WW3 tho

Turkey has strong allies and could make it a tough fight EU vs the 6 Turkic nations + Pakistan. It would definitely be WW3 tho

Greece and India have bolstered military relations to check the Turkish Pakistani alliance.

So far that's not the general impression that Russia has made in siding with Greece in the Eastern med dispute. Words are words though. When push comes to shove Russia only looks out for itself.

So far that's not the general impression that Russia has made in siding with Greece in the Eastern med dispute

Russia is definitively on the Greek side, just like it is on the Armenian side.

The thing is that Russia will take weakening the West as its number one priority that overrides everything else.

Greece and India have bolstered military relations to check the Turkish Pakistani alliance.

India is useless in my honest opinion while they may be large in numbers but worthless in actual tough circumstances unlike the other world players from Asia and Europe have been breed for war thru millenniums of wars while the Indians are none-breeds since they haven't seen much of war in the past millenniums.

Malaysia and Indonesia is also in Turkey's orbit it could drag them in for a bigger war but looking at the brighter side there is no winner in such massive war in today's world disrupting the world trade network could take decades reviving it leading to wide spread poverty.

I don't see Greece and Turkey being drawn into conflict for like the next half a century. To be honest I don't see big war happening in today's world because nobody would gain anything from it unless a major natural disaster causes the world economy to collapse which could force humanity back into war but other then that everyone is satisfied with what it has and how things are flowing

Hi Turk

Greece has beaten Turkey in modern wars (I’m using the academic definition of modern), so your premise is fundamentally flawed.

Turkey is broke (more broke than Greece) and is struggling to survive. Their military is large but incompetent. Look at the poor level of seamanship in the Turkish navy, children would make better skippers. Look at how they struggle on their own border against militias. Fighting a European state whose military is designed to resist you is a complete different ballgame.

Turkish culture doesn’t reward success - case in point - they can’t even build earthquake proof buildings despite living in the region for 600 years (unlike the Greeks - see the recent Samos earthquake that destroyed Izmir). Greeks are corrupt but successful. In the only industry they care about (shipping) they are the global leader with the worlds biggest fleet, eclipsing all the superpowers. Their fleet is larger than the US and UK fleet combined. You can’t bullshit that level of success.

Greece needs to hold out until the EU can mobilise. Can they do it? With one of the biggest armies in Europe, perhaps.
Wait how are the Turks more broke than the Greeks?

I forgot to add The Indians are also Vegetarians and have been vegetarians for centuries. It is like a big incel beta community breeding ground for centuries and millenniums. They will fight little but get disheartened when things get tough and war of attrition begins. They just don't have the stomach for such things, the grind and cruelty

Sell em… sell as much as possible to anyone. We need as much ROI on the ridiculous amount of money we spend on the military here.

How are they going to afford them? I say if they can buy it let them. Turkey and Greece duking it out would be funny.

Greece sucks because everyone has been allowed to cheat on taxes. The country did it to itself. A Greek newspaper put tax evasion at around 40-50% of the population. It is practically a cultural phenomenon. In the 90s, it was growing faster than the EU average.

Here is an example how much income is under reported. Several professions in Greece report incomes less than personal debt they are paying off. That is like saying you make less than your monthly house payment.

54ed8538dd08952e308b45c6

Here is an example how much income is under reported. Several professions in Greece report incomes less than personal debt they are paying off. That is like saying you make less than your monthly house payment.

54ed8538dd08952e308b45c6
Nice. Responding to your own posts because no one else will.

Instead of wasting money on this junk which will make no difference in balance of power visa vi Turkey, Greece could have a nuclear deterrent in a year. They've had nuclear reactor since the 1950s and know how because some of the foremost nuclear scientists are Greek.
I don't think you understand how costly nuclear weapons programs are and how long they take. Let alone the political costs.

Back