International Greece Seeks 24 F-35 Stealth Jets

Better to buy dozens of poorer Fs but upgraded, than 5 F-35s. Or 10-15, whatever. Because like you said, F-35 has some issues we hardly know yet.

Greece unfortunately right now may not even afford some Patriots. It would have been a wiser investment but a bigger one. Romania preferred to invest buy upgraded older aircrafts but to acquire missiles. I do believe the buys of Romania and Poland (Patriots) are wise investments and America/NATO had the last word. Spain and Germany also have Patriot air missiles, and no F-35s at all.

LoL no old Fs are not better.

Even a dozen stealths change the strategy for the region. F35 threaten Turkish fighters navy and Sam's in ways the old Fs simply can't. Turkey can't track them and safely carry out their fuck with Greece missions. You just never know when a stealth will pop up on your ass with no warning.

This is Ancient Greece, bro. Do you even know where it's located? And where have you heard such things that it stretches to France?
I've never heard that.

t2-h-5715-map-of-ancient-greece-display-poster_ver_2.jpg
See Massilia.

https://www.ancient.eu/massilia/

Even a dozen stealths change the strategy for the region. F35 threaten Turkish fighters navy and Sam's in ways the old Fs simply can't. Turkey can't track them and safely carry out their fuck with Greece missions. You just never know when a stealth will pop up on your ass with no warning.
maybe they are better at carrying long distance rockets
(just throwing a guess )
(don't forget that stealth doesn't means untouchable)

Interesting article. But there is still no explanation how they created the "Western way of life" given that Marseilles got overran by both Visitgoths and Ostrogoths, and at the end by the Franks. All that happened early in 5th century which makes it even more impossible to be connected with the Western "Enlightenment" Period.
Greek colonies outside of Greece, in general, all fell into the hands of other peoples, too early into history.

Interesting article. But there is still no explanation how they created the "Western way of life" given that Marseilles got overran by both Visitgoths and Ostrogoths, and at the end by the Franks. All that happened early in 5th century which makes it even more impossible to be connected with the Western "Enlightenment" Period.
When the Visigoths and Ostrogoths invaded is several centuries ahead of when Massilia was established by Greeks. Also it was the Romans who controlled the city by then as well. When Caesar conquered Gaul it was then Roman territory and stayed that way for almost 500 years until the Fall of the Western Empire.

We can also say with confidence that Rome took Greek culture everywhere it went. Rome had copied the Greeks and had great admiration for them.

After the Germanic invasions from several different people's Europe went into a Dark age and lost a lot of progress. There's a reason the period after the WRE fell is called the Dark Ages.

Last edited:
After the Germanic invasions from several different people's Europe went into a Dark age and lost a lot of progress. There's a reason the period after the WRE fell is called the Dark Ages.

It's called Dark Ages because of the Huns invasions from the East, hence the ''great migration of peoples'' all over.
But to say that there was ''no progress'' do not seems correct. Most todays countries were founded during that time.

It's called Dark Ages because of the Huns invasions from the East, hence the ''great migration of peoples'' all over.
But to say that there was ''no progress'' do not seems correct. Most todays countries were founded during that time.
Compare the quality of life in Rome at the time of the 5 good Emperors and the state of Rome when it fell in 476 and afterwards controlled by Germanic tribes and you'll see that there was definitely a decline.

Compare the quality of life in Rome at the time of the 5 good Emperors and the state of Rome when it fell in 476 and afterwards controlled by Germanic tribes and you'll see that there was definitely a decline.
This can all be proved empirically by the way, with the decline of cities and material wealth. Less commerce, more subsistence agriculture.

Aren't the Greeks completely broke? LOL @ buying jets.

Cya Turkey.
I assume they won't use money to buy them. It would be more like something along "we will take in X amount of refugees for Y amount of F-35s"

Ignoring Macedon and Byzantium much?
I guess the map was made to reflect Classical Greece, not Hellenistic era. But it doesn't change my point as I was talking about Europe and the Macedonians went mostly East and the Byzantines stayed mostly in the Middle East.

Particularly when we are talking about limited warfare. I guess if Turkey was invading Greece you would want hundreds of planes. But if you just want to avoid the kind of terror Turkey usually carries out, namely shooting down a plane here, bombing some people there, you want a few high tech planes to shoot them down first.
F-35s are all around more advanced, better weapons, avionics, communication equipment etc. It isn't just stealth.

Particularly when we are talking about limited warfare. I guess if Turkey was invading Greece you would want hundreds of planes. But if you just want to avoid the kind of terror Turkey usually carries out, namely shooting down a plane here, bombing some people there, you want a few high tech planes to shoot them down first.
F-35s are all around more advanced, better weapons, avionics, communication equipment etc. It isn't just stealth.
I am very ignorant about all of the aircrafts (its only gets interesting when we see them in action and far less about what is written about them), but I am quite certain that the f-15/16 can carry much more weight.
Also, Turkey is much stronger in the sea compared to Greece btw.

Last edited:
As a Greek I agree that Turkey would win easily against Greece in an all out, one on one war. That being said when you account for allies Turkey can't win. They have enemies in every direction, both countries are broke, and Greece would Allie with France, Egypt and now UAE which would easily tip the balance of power in their favor.

Again in a one on one all out war I can't see Greece winning but how it would realistically play out I just can't see Turkey pulling through. Turkey is the one saber rattling where as Greece is actually gearing up and would not hesitate to defend itself and won't simply roll over.
Wonder if the Serbs would throw down with you all. They would love to get some payback that's a few centuries overdue.

I heard they are lemons.

I am very ignorant about all of the aircrafts (its only gets interesting when we see them in action and far less about what is written about them), but I am quite certain that the f-15/16 can carry much more weight.
Also, Turkey is much stronger in the sea compared to Greece btw.
I believe they are similar, the F-35 can carry a lot of stuff on external pylons but then you lose stealth.
If Wikipedia is correct, F-35 can carry up to 8,200kg of payload vs 7,700kg for the F-16.
The F-15E can carry 10,400kg, it's a bigger plane.

If you want to use the F-35 stealthly it will only carry 2,600kg.

If by lemon you mean "still a work in progress", then yes.

Many countries want them.
How long have they been a work in progress. They were the next big thing when I was a kid and I'm 35. Will laugh when the next Mig makes them obsolete.

Back