Gravity Falls: Possibly The Greatest Cartoon Ever Made

FrankNStein

We belong dead.
@Green
Reaction score
Anyone else watching this awesome cartoon? It's easily the best show Disney has ever produced. The story follows 12-year-old twin brother and sister Dipper and Mabel Pines, whose parents send them off to their Great Uncle Stan in the small town of Gravity Falls, Oregon for the summer. Which they soon find out happens to be a hotbed of paranormal activity. It's chock-full of clever, absurdist humor, and seems a bit like an animated "Eerie, Indiana". If you're young at heart, you need to be watching this show.

Dipper:

Dipper-gravity-falls-31568200-764-430_zps3005174f.png

Mabel:
(Perhaps the most endearing animated sidekick ever created.)

mabel_pines_zps28c903b3.jpg

DipperMabelandSoos_zps03d3b354.jpg

Last edited:
the girls cinturao likes probably do

I would probably like it, but im like 5 years old at heart.

Alex Hirsch, who created the show, was in the class above me all through school. We had mutual friends and he was always good at doing cartoons and animations. I still have some of his old comics he wrote, if I can find them I might upload em for you. He based all the stuff he wrote/drew off of his friends back then.

From what I understand the siblings are based off of his sister and himself, which is pretty cool. I've watched the show and it's well done, probably the best thing on the channel right now.

The last time I ran into him was in 2006/2007, he was working with Seth Mcfarlane and Fox on a project that never got off the ground. Good to see him thriving.

Last edited:
Alex Hirsch, who created the show, was in the class above me all through school. We had mutual friends and he was always good at doing cartoons and animations. I still have some of his old comics he wrote, if I can find them I might upload em for you. He based all the stuff he wrote/drew off of his friends back then.

From what I understand the siblings are based off of his sister and himself, which is pretty cool. I've watched the show and it's well done, probably the best thing on the channel right now.

The last time I ran into him was in 2006/2007, he was working with Seth Mcfarlane and Fox on a project that never got off the ground. Good to see him thriving.

Forgot I made this thread. If you do see this, that would be much appreciated. Alex Hirsch is a genius... and, well.. I'd let him have me if he wanted.

This show is nothing short of brilliant.
It's loaded with masonic symbolism. There are coded messages at the end of every episode. And a few backwards-whispers thrown in.

If you're a fan of the 16-bit video game era, Street Fight especially, do yourself a favor and watch these clips:

If you hate emo kids with their skinny jeans, check this out:

Finally, if you just like to laugh, have a gander at these:

I know there are some fans of Adventure Time, and Regular Show on this forum, and those are good shows. But Gravity Falls eats Regular Show for breakfast, and defecates Adventure Time. This is the funniest cartoon since Invader Zim.

Last edited:
No love for this show, huh? You guys don't know what you're missing.

Looks like a quality show, but I fear that Street Fighter/MK parody was the highest of its highs in relation to my likes.

Disney's most under appreciated show by far is Filmore.

I'd probably give Recess the slight edge though.

Looks like a quality show, but I fear that Street Fighter/MK parody was the highest of its highs in relation to my likes.

If you like that, you should check out the full episode, it's titled "Fight Fighters", I'm sure it's on youtube. Lots of video game references. Streets of Rage, Super Mario Bros. 2, Donkey Kong, etc.

nah, i gotta stick with the classics:

gumby
the smurfs
the jetsons
heathcliff

and darkwing duck as well.

nah, i gotta stick with the classics:

gumby
the smurfs
the jetsons
heathcliff

and darkwing duck as well.

When's the last time you actually watched those shows, though? Only Darkwing and Heathcliff hold up, in my opinion. Smurfs, Gumby, Jetsons, etc. skews too young. Not really enjoyable as an adult.

I watched the clips you posted because you said this show defecates on Adventure Time. This show looks...cute, and somewhat clever, not very funny though. It's too vanilla. Adventure Time is more creative.

creators of Regular Show right?

Back