Gravity Falls: Possibly The Greatest Cartoon Ever Made

My kid loves this show. I've watched it with her and it's pretty entertaining.

Moe's illegitamte child stars in this:

128887343707049735.jpg

dat moe

always getting himself some

I watched the clips you posted because you said this show defecates on Adventure Time. This show looks...cute, and somewhat clever, not very funny though. It's too vanilla. Adventure Time is more creative.

To each his own I guess. I vastly prefer GF to Adventure Time. The secondary characters on GF are funnier than the main characters on Adventure Time. Plus, with GF you get pretty much the entire 22-minutes dedicated to plot. They've only had 12-episodes so far, but they've already had more character development than most cartoons have in their entire run. Watch a full episode before making up your mind.

creators of Regular Show right?

No actually, although that's a fair guess. It's created by a guy named Alex Hirsch. The only other show he's been involved in was "Fish Hooks", which I've never seen myself.

That's not the Simpsons.

Some of the secondary characters:

Skip to the 1-minute mark on this one:

That's not the Simpsons.

When you look at the Simpsons as a whole series, it's actually terrible. It had 7 or 8 awesome seasons, some of the funniest stuff ever on TV, but followed up with like 15 seasons of complete garbage.

Even modern episodes are better than most animated programs on television.

Lets be real here.

When's the last time you actually watched those shows, though? Only Darkwing and Heathcliff hold up, in my opinion. Smurfs, Gumby, Jetsons, etc. skews too young. Not really enjoyable as an adult.

oh, i would agree with you there.

though i don't watch cartoons anymore. i was answering this question in a, "favorite cartoons of all-time" kind of way.

And when you look at the Simpsons as a whole its one of the longest running tv series in history and is also one of the most revered and respected.

Very much doubt we'll see another animated program achieve that sort of acclaim.

Even modern episodes are better than most animated programs on television.

Lets be real here.

Dude... No Fing way. The Simpsons is absolute garbage at this point. Completely unwatchable. One of my favorite shows from season 1 - 8 though.

I'd watch The Simpsons over Family Guy, Bobs Burgers, Adventure Time, ect.

A loooot of shitty animated programs going around these days.

animated cartoons stopped being good about 2002

animated cartoons stopped being good about 2002

Have you actually watched this show? Give it a chance.

As far as cartoons not being good since 2002. They 2003 TMNT & He-man were much better than the original series. G.I. Renegades, while not great, stands head and shoulders above the original series. Those shows were some of my favorites growing up, but try to look at them without the rose-coloured goggles of nostalgia. They were all cheesey as fuck.

Have you actually watched this show? Give it a chance.

As far as cartoons not being good since 2002. They 2003 TMNT & He-man were much better than the original series. G.I. Renegades, while not great, stands head and shoulders above the original series. Those shows were some of my favorites growing up, but try to look at them without the rose-coloured goggles of nostalgia. They were all cheesey as fuck.
i was born in 84,so i grew up on fox kids and kids wb of the 90s,those shows are way better than the crap today

There have been plenty of great animated programs airing since 02'.

American Dad
ATHF
Boondocks
Sealab 2021
Samurai Jack
Fairly Oddparents
Metalocalypse
Regular Show

Ect.

i was born in 84,so i grew up on fox kids and kids wb of the 90s,those shows are way better than the crap today

I was born in '86, I grew up with that too. When is the last time you actually watched an episode of those shows? I have the complete series of all 3 on DVD, I've watched them recently, and without the nostalgia factor they are not very good.

Have you read the original TMNT comics? The original series was an abomination on the comics. They made it way too comical and light-hearted, not dark like it was meant to be. The Shredder was an incompetent, bumbling moron. In the 2003 series he was actually intimidating.

I was born in '86, I grew up with that too. When is the last time you actually watched an episode of those shows? I have the complete series of all 3 on DVD, I've watched them recently, and without the nostalgia factor they are not very good.

Have you read the original TMNT comics? The original series was an abomination on the comics. They made it way too comical and light-hearted, not dark like it was meant to be. The Shredder was an incompetent, bumbling moron. In the 2003 series he was actually intimidating.
ive seen the cartoon network stuff and maybe its cause im not a kid anymore i cant get into them.I just dont find them entertaining.

I was born in '81 & enjoy Regular Show.

I still like animated shows - Unsupervised & Archer are fucking great

It's not a bad show. It's one I can enjoy watching with my kids

Back