Grade How Good of a Person You Are

haha, not surprised that b is winning this vote. it's the safest choice.

In reality I'm probably a B+/A- in real life and utilize Sherdog to act like a D.

I rated myself as a B. I wish I could say I was an A, but unfortunately that is just not the case.

I do like to go out of my way to help people even if it requires some modern effort from me, however I have met some people that are IMO just wonderful people.

Lofty ambitions. We need more like yourself if humanity is willing and ready to ascend to a higher consciousness. For now, were still stuck in a dog eat dog, rat race shit heap.

I'm content and shamefully at a B- now.

Last edited:
I rated myself as a B. I wish I could say I was an A, but unfortunately that is just not the case.

I do like to go out of my way to help people even if it requires some modern effort from me, however I have met some people that are IMO just wonderful people.

The fact that you genuinely want to go out of your way to be a really good A-level person yet still refuse to be actually makes you closer to a D imo

The fact that you genuinely want to go out of your way to be a really good A-level person yet still refuse to be actually makes you closer to a D imo

Glass house?

At least he/she purport to care about trying to better oneself in that regard. How about yourself? Your probably trolling though.

Glass house?

At least he/she purport to care about trying to better oneself in that regard. How about yourself? Your probably trolling though.

You think you're better than me?

GSP?! What the?.. :icon_lol:

Please explain. He's a nice guy but a martyr along the lines of MLK, Jesus, Mother Teresa? Peculiar that you put him there.

Wait, did he build you a new house in conjunction with Habitat for Humanity?

I just put him as a joke. I'm a big fan, but obviously Ghandi and GSP don't belong in the same category. That being said, I gather that GSP probably would fall at a high B+ or even low A -.

For those that site Jesus, I think it is kind unfair to make people decide whether or not they are an A compared to the semi - divine son of God. I'm talking about through and through human beings.

Agreed - those would make someone bad.

I'd argue that enjoying innocent people suffering makes someone bad, not someone you could make a solid case for being deserving of it. If you make the blanket statement "no one deserves to suffer whatsoever", then we fundamentally disagree and it's pointless to argue.

Additionally, there's nothing wrong with actively seeking it out whether or not the deceased are bad. I like knowing what's up with the world. The videos you're referencing are the most authentic version of an information feed. How do you think it gets to the news in the first place? Someone has to review the footage, picture and so forth.

Information is valuable.

One needn't experience empathy in order to be taught reason, and even without reason you don't necessarily know if someone's compulsions would land them on the wrong side.

Additionally, not all manipulation is bad. It would depend on the circumstance, but I'd agree that something which ends up harming someone undeserving would be the rotten side of manipulation.

I think you meant to write "don't feel grief", but even then, so what?

No one's required to feel grief for everyone, so why does it make them a bad person not to when other merely thought the closeness was there? They can't have you import feelings for someone you weren't actually close to. That doesn't even make sense.

But let's pretend you said "When someone dies, I don't feel grief, even when it is someone very close to me."

Well, that wouldn't make you any more good or any more bad a person. How you go from emotionally vacant to bad is a leap I don't understand. If you could sum up someone as having mistreated their close friend/family member while they were alive, that makes them a bad person.

Killing under certain conditions in illegal in certain places, whereas it would be legal in other places under the same conditions. So a person would be bad if they did it in one place but not bad in the other?

The law is pointless when you're discussing ethics. Law is derived from ethics, not the other way around. In a conversation about what action makes someone a bad person, the law is useless.

You realize that killing is part of enforcing the law, right? Would you say a cop killing someone holding an innocent at gunpoint isn't a bad person but someone without a badge killing him is?

So what if one has no remorse or trouble and could pretty much kill anyone without it bothering them? The keyword is "could" - doesn't mean they would. A capacity to do something and an inclination toward it is a misleading conflation. If they did, I'd agree it makes someone bad if the victim was good.

But you'll need to explain why it makes someone a bad person to have no remorse or trouble killing someone "considered bad".

Yes you can individually go through each piece and find examples where they may not necessarily represent something that is "Bad." And I would say that what I shared is closer to necessary than to sufficient. In other words, not one of those criteria would be in and of itself sufficient to call someone bad or evil.

That being said, what I did describe in that criteria is sociopathy at the very least boarding on pscyhopatchic -> Complete lack of empathy, lack of a conscience, seeking to cause harm. And while one can burn through semantics to say that a true Psychopath isn't necessarily bad so much as the product of his environment and badness vs. goodness is just subjective interpretation, at the end of the day, if we can't say that Psychopaths are bad, then we can't really call anyone bad.

But I'll credit your critique in that it has led to two small revisions to my original post. A) yes I meant "don't feel grief" which sociopaths do not feel. And B) Rather than just seek out to watch gory videos of people being tortured, which as you pointed could be done for the sake of trying to educate oneself about the human condition, I added the caveat seeking it out for the sake of pleasure and enjoyment of seeing others suffer. Which is pretty evil. Now you could ask, "But what if it is someone you feel deserves to suffer?" For example, I wouldn't necessarily seek it out, but if I happened to see a video of Hitler being tortured, I don't think it would bother me to much. But I'm referring more to those nameless videos of which we have little to no context. (eg. two guys one hammer). Now I know non - evil people that have watched two guys one hammer, and all of them were deeply disturbed. A bad/evil person might watch it and enjoy it.

Last edited:
You never saw Mohandas's superman punch.

49/46

dhalsim-punch.gif

Back