Grade How Good of a Person You Are

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by NHB7, Jan 14, 2015.

1. NHB7

NHB7 Steel Belt

The below criteria is not the end all be all criteria, it is just to point you in a direction to give you a better sense of how you may vote. You don't necessarily need to meet all the criteria in any one of the below to give yourself that grade.

A: I go out of my way to be a good person. Being someone that benefits the world is one of my core values and influences nearly every behavior I do on a daily basis. I will do things to benefit the world even when those things are at my own expense sometimes. I care about humanity and want good for people, even people I don’t know. When I meet someone I don’t like, I’ll often try to understand things from their perspective to increase my ability to empathize with them. I want justice to be fairly served. In other words, I don’t want someone to experience justice for something they didn't do just because I don’t like them (for example, I wouldn't want someone who is a scumbag racist loser to go to prison for murder if he didn't actually commit the murder). (Examples that would get an A: MLK Jr., Ghandi, GSP).

B: More often then not I’m generally a good person. I think most people that would describe me would say I’m a good person, even if I was not there when they were describing me. While it may or may not be something I do regularly, I have given to charity before and I have volunteered in some way to provide for the less fortunate. If I were to vote on a public policy, I consider more than just how that policy influences me, I also consider how it will impact others. Although I don’t spend every moment considering how I’m influencing the world, if I were to recognize that I were influencing the world in a bad way, I would usually modify my behavior (for example, if I were buying a shirt and someone informed me the shirt was made by forced child labor, I wouldn't buy the shirt even if it was really cheap and cool). I try to be helpful to people. If someone stopped me on the street and was literally in need of some sort of support, I would try to help at least in some way. (Eg. that person you know who if you or anyone else was in a bind, could be called and they would almost always make some effort to help out).

C: I’m not really particularly good or bad. I don’t go out my way to help others almost ever, but I also do – no - harm. I rarely think about how I impact others and when I find out my actions are hurting others, I’m kind of indifferent, but I don’t intentionally try to hurt others. I have never volunteered to help in any civil way other than through some sort of obligation. (Eg. The character George Castanza in the series Seinfeld).

D: People that know me would probably say I’m a jerk more often than not. I don’t care how I effect other’s or the world, in fact, I kind of like making others suffer in mild ways (eg. feel bad about themselves, get angry, have their feelings hurt). I pretty much just look out for myself. I almost never experience empathy other than maybe for the people who are closest to me (family, girlfriend/boyfriend). (eg. Bad guys in 80’s movies whose only real criteria for being bad is that they don’t want people to dance).

F: I’m a bad person. I actually go out of my way to be harmful to others. I like to cause suffering, even extreme suffering. I enjoy watching others suffer and have and do actively seek it out on the internet in the form of gory videos for the sake of pleasure and entertainment. I never experience empathy, although I may fake like I do from time to time, but that is only to manipulate a situation. When someone dies, I don't feel grief, even when it is someone that others may have thought was very close to me. I have killed someone or if I haven’t killed someone, the only thing really stopping me is the law. If it weren't for the law, I would have no trouble killing people and would feel no remorse and not just people that others consider bad, I could pretty much kill anyone and it wouldn't bother me. (eg of bad people: Hitler, Serial killers).

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  2. NHB7

NHB7 Steel Belt

When I was first considering the criteria to this thread, I was thinking I was probably a "C." But when all was said and done and I wrote it out and looked at it, I think I probably just make the grade for a B-.

I've done volunteer work, I've donated to charity, I consider how others may be impacted when I vote, I generally try to be a good guy, most people probably would say I'm mostly a good guy. But what puts me lower on the B spectrum is I don't think I spend a lot of my life looking for ways to be good. If someone tried to sell me a shirt for cheap that I liked and said it was made through Child labor, I wouldn't buy it, but I also wouldn't have asked because I wouldn't want to have known because I would have wanted to buy it.

3. ajwbjj87

ajwbjj87 Black Belt

Yikes I voted before I read your summary, I have myself an F based on being kind of an asshole.... But I do enjoy reading about Hitler and Stalin

4. the can

the can fat guy belt

solid F-

actually closer to a K, but the choices stopped at F.

5. Donny White

Donny White Brown Belt

I'm like a cross between Johnny from the Karate Kid, Bender from The Breakfast Club, and Walker, Texas Ranger.

So, I'd say I could fluctuate between A-C on any given day.

6. Seano

Seano Hands of bone Yellow Card

B.

I'm polite and courteous in public but I call people on their rudeness in public on occasion, inadvertently making a spectacle of myself.

I don't go out of my to help people or do shit for the community, but I don't think anyone could really say anything that bad about me either.

7. ajwbjj87

ajwbjj87 Black Belt

Do you wear the same gloves as Bender? Those were epic

8. MC Paul Barman

MC Paul Barman Gold Belt Forum Moderator

9. JAEGERX

JAEGERX i stay blessed

i think A is Jesus and i ain't no Jesus, im a solid C level guy tho i plan to be a better person tho, B level soon

10. SpidermanISGOAT

SpidermanISGOAT Purple Belt

They were solid B's though or maybe C's at the least.

Hitler did a lot of good for the German people (prior to the war) and thought he was doing good (in his eyes) and the eyes of his most devout followers.

Stalin? Well he kind of had no greater plan so he was a scumbag.

Mao was a guy who thought he was doing good though and he had a big plan. To this day there are people who view Mao as a "good guy"

Often psychopathic leaders are more caring than people realize. They just have a weird warped vision of what constitutes as good. Hitler placed his love for his "race" and thus his people and his nation above all else so by a textbook definition, one could argue that he was more moral than choices F, D, and C.

11. irish_thug

irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Pink!!

I'm pretty good, I'm a recovering asshole so I don't think I'll ever be an A. I'd say I'm a solid B- occasional C

12. Da Speeit

Da Speeit Plutonium Belt Forum Moderator

In bed with your bitch, watching game of thrones,
    I hate shit like this.
    I don't care about being a "Good" person. Those people are annoying. George Clooney's Golden Globe speech exemplifies a "Good" person and he's annoying as shit.

I care about not hurting others and interfering with their happiness. That's it.

13. MC Paul Barman

I would have kicked your ass, bro....

...... still might.

14. Oliver Clothesoff

Oliver Clothesoff Black Belt Forum Moderator

I'm a perfectionist, I'm impatient, and I don't suffer fools gladly. I blame my parents. Hopefully my own kids turn out better than I did. I'm seriously fucked up. :D

15. AznCezi187

AznCezi187 Brown Belt

B for sure

16. MC Paul Barman

You better BE - Sure of that one.

LOL!!!!!!
    BWHAHAHAHAHAA

17. Da Speeit

Da Speeit Plutonium Belt Forum Moderator

In bed with your bitch, watching game of thrones,
    You know what?
    I believe you

18. Sole

Sole Sole Calibur

I'm an A or an F depending upon who you ask.

19. MC Paul Barman

*fixed

It's grammer man... come on.

20. Sole

Sole Sole Calibur

Grammar.