Elections GOP Road to 2016 Primary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realize faustian had that kind of cash.

tumblr_mc2olnzi2T1qzglhk.gif

Jon Huntsman Jr is exactly what the GOP needs. I think he'd be a good president

he is young though at 54 by President standards. Could still wait another election or two

I liked him the most in 2012 but he never came close to getting any traction. He is a moderate that approaches each issue differently and I tend to agree with many of the ideas he had.

Remember too how the "MSM" polls accurately reflected his actual performance?
They didn't need to manipulate his poll numbers, he wasn't running against a democrat.

So whether the poll results inaccurately skew in favor of republicans or democrats, it is always intended to benefit democrats. That's fucking ridiculous. Basically you've drawn a conclusion and will accept anything as evidence for that conclusion.

I never said all of them, only the races that the MSM see the opportunity that a Democrat would win and they manipulate the poll results in their favor in hopes it'll help their token condidate.

The 2010 election had many senate outcomes that came out wacky. What you've got is called ascertainment bias.
The ascertainment bias can explain a few points being off. But 18 points off in the McConnell senate '14 election? That's inexcusable.

The only possible reason for it is the election was rigged with fake ballots. If only the Republicans weren't the only ones in favor of the VoterID law...

McCain was never going to win, particularly after picking Palin. McCain didn't get painted as an extremist because he wasn't truly one (though he did try at times to appeal to extremists, e.g. Palin was a cynical attempt to both seem like a broadly appealing choice but also aimed at the religious right).
Here's a question that's never asked of the MSM, of both themselves. What's your definition of an 'extremist?' Most people know they're bad.

But seriously, what's your definition of an extremist?

Take this for what it's worth, but at my family's Christmas Eve party I talked with my cousin's husband who works for Kasich and he said that the people that would be gearing up the organization for a potential run at president aren't doing so, so he doesn't think Kasich is running in the primary.

I think most of the lesser known Governors will sit this one out since you already have Bush, Christie, Romney and likely Walker. That's a big wall to climb with donor money and I think the four I mentioned have already been working on that.

The lesser profile Govs will sit out, endorse the front runner and then hope for a cabinet spot.

I literally almost died during the 2012 cycle and fully intend to sit this one out. So I have been ignoring ALL election news, but this thread was tempting. Damn, it might be really interesting.

To paraphrase George Will, a nomination is always worth having.

I think most of the lesser known Governors will sit this one out since you already have Bush, Christie, Romney and likely Walker. That's a big wall to climb with donor money and I think the four I mentioned have already been working on that.

Maybe, but I doubt that would really be that big of a problem for Kasich, since he can bring something to the table that no other candidate can, and that would draw a lot of money.

Like I said though, looks like he isn't going to run.

Watched some of the speeches over the weekend from that Iowa event. Thought Christie did well in an environment that wasn't to thrilled about him from the start I imagine. Palin on the other hand sounded drunk. Nothing made sense but I guess that her usually.

Jeb's invisible man strategy
Bush's mission in these early days of the cycle is to keep his head down and raise as much money as possible in an effort to muscle out his closest Republican rivals, hire a talented staff and build a high-octane campaign apparatus that can go the distance against Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Cruz-Paul-Rubio event previews GOP foreign policy debate
Three likely presidential candidates shared the stage Sunday night before a roomful of wealthy donors, engaging in a rapid-fire policy discussion that underscored sharp disagreement within the GOP over global affairs and national security.

GOP hopefuls weigh in on gay marriage
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee says a Supreme Court decision in favor of same-sex marriage won't be enough to make it the law of the land overnight.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal says he wants to amend the Constitution to leave the decision over who can marry up to each state.

And former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, a strident social conservative, just seems to want to be asked fewer questions about it.

Scott Walker adds key Iowa strategist to 2016 team
The addition of David Polyansky gives Walker's team a big dose of Iowa experience. The strategist helped engineer former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee's win in the 2008 Iowa Republican caucuses and also served as deputy campaign manager for former Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, who won the 2011 Iowa straw poll.

Team Rubio message to supporters: We're ready to run

The rise of 'scam PACs'
The efforts bear some of the hallmarks of a phenomenon that watchdogs say is threatening the integrity of the campaign funding system, and that conservative leaders worry could seriously undermine their interests headed into 2016. Since the tea party burst onto the political landscape in 2009, the conservative movement has been plagued by an explosion of PACs that critics say exist mostly to pad the pockets of the consultants who run them. Combining sophisticated targeting techniques with fundraising appeals that resonate deeply among grass-roots activists, they collect large piles of small checks that, taken together, add up to enough money to potentially sway a Senate race. But the PACs plow most of their cash back into payments to consulting firms for additional fundraising efforts.

Daddy issues: Are Ron Paul

Iowa will be KEY for Walker. He needs to win it and should really spend all his time there the next year. NH will go for a moderate - ie Jeb, and Jeb will also win Florida. S.Carolina will probably back the Iowa winner to make sure Jeb doesn't run away with it early. Whoever wins Iowa will be the other to go the distance with Jeb. Walker has advantages as a mid-western Gov there, but needs to get support of the RR/Evangelicals - he'll likely need a key endorsement or two there.

If Romney runs (still think those odds are very long) he could win NH or split the moderate vote with Jeb which could allow a further right candidate to win.

Iowa will be KEY for Walker. He needs to win it and should really spend all his time there the next year. NH will go for a moderate - ie Jeb, and Jeb will also win Florida. S.Carolina will probably back the Iowa winner to make sure Jeb doesn't run away with it early. Whoever wins Iowa will be the other to go the distance with Jeb. Walker has advantages as a mid-western Gov there, but needs to get support of the RR/Evangelicals - he'll likely need a key endorsement or two there.

If Romney runs (still think those odds are very long) he could win NH or split the moderate vote with Jeb which could allow a further right candidate to win.

Do you think Romney may be running to split Jeb's vote? I've heard some out there theories on why he would consider a third run.

[YT]nbkbX2SkxJs[/YT]

Some footage from the Koch's event with Cruz, Paul, and Rubio

Chris Christie launches leadership PAC

Kasich still mulling 2016 presidential bid
150125_john_kasich_ap_1160_956x519.jpg

Ohio Gov. John Kasich offered few hints on Sunday on whether he’ll seek the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, but did pointedly note his state is a “microcosm of America.” Appearing on “Fox News Sunday,” Kasich discussed his efforts to expand Medicaid, to help the working poor and his desire for a U.S. constitutional amendment to require a balanced federal budget.

Ted Cruz Just Launched His Iowa Campaign

Ted Cruz's presidential campaign​ in Iowa is unofficially underway.

The Texas senator and his lieutenants have been making calls to top Iowa activists and consultants for the past two weeks, multiple Republican sources told National Journal, hoping to lock down a state director for his White House campaign.

Cruz has not yet made that critical hire, the sources said. But he's making other moves in this first nominating state.

Do you think Romney may be running to split Jeb's vote? I've heard some out there theories on why he would consider a third run.

Not Romney. He has no reason to do it as he's probably very close politically to Jeb. Did Bushies work against Romney in 2012? I think Rubio could be running as a spoiler who will drop out soon after Florida primary.

I don't think Mitt is running, and seeing that Christie just hired his top guy from 2012 in Iowa I think that is a sure message that he isn't. Because Romney would just put his whole campaign back together if he was running - I mean it won him the primary once.

I've thought Christie wasn't going to run, but it looks like he is. I think that could be bad news for Jeb, but also Walker. Christie is dynamic as hell on the stump.

Not Romney. He has no reason to do it as he's probably very close politically to Jeb. Did Bushies work against Romney in 2012? I think Rubio could be running as a spoiler who will drop out soon after Florida primary.

I don't think Mitt is running, and seeing that Christie just hired his top guy from 2012 in Iowa I think that is a sure message that he isn't. Because Romney would just put his whole campaign back together if he was running - I mean it won him the primary once.

I've thought Christie wasn't going to run, but it looks like he is. I think that could be bad news for Jeb, but also Walker. Christie is dynamic as hell on the stump.

The Bush family endorsed Romney in 2012, especially because they didn't like Perry. From what I've read, the Bush family really doesn't like Perry.

Rubio plays spoiler for Bush and gets a cabinet/VP spot with Walker in the general election? There has to be reasons for some of these moves going on. Romney has no reason to run and I'm kinda surprised Rubio still is going to with Jeb there.

I hope Christie runs just for the debates alone.

In terms of Walker, he changed his speechwriter this month and had much more success in his recent Iowa speech compared to previous ones.

Scott Walker Scores Standing Ovation In Iowa

An energetic Scott Walker put the 2016 GOP field on notice Saturday that he not only wants to compete for the hearts of Iowa's conservative grassroots he also can connect with them.

The contents of Walker's speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back