Elections GOP 2016 Primary Thread V4: Can Trump be Trumped Edition

Wait...

Is the above quote from their interview the 'evidence' that's being put forth that Obama is secretly a Muslim?

That's...that's so stupid it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

And don't forget the guy that called Obama a muslim and "not even American" is a leftist plant.

And just like that... My estimation of Kasich just plummeted. A Christian Agency? Really?

What an idiot.

Walker expected to end campaign
150921-scott-walker-gty-1160.jpg

Scott Walker plans to suspend his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination on Monday night, according to several sources.
The announcement, scheduled for 5 p.m. Central Time in Madison, comes on the heels of a new CNN poll that showed him registering as an asterisk -- less than one percent -- following a second straight lackluster performance in the GOP debate last week.
Walker, who had a fundraiser in Indianapolis scheduled for Monday night, spent the day in private meetings before the planned announcement.
It's a stunning fall for the Wisconsin governor, who led polls in Iowa for several months earlier this year after delivering a well-received speech there in January that inspired both the party's grassroots and its donor class. For months, he was viewed as a frontrunner, but he failed to live up to the early hype he inspired. Walker struggled with the consistency of his positions, appeared overly scripted and in some appearances lacked command of the issues, particularly on foreign policy.

Scott Walker to Exit the Republican Presidential Race
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is leaving the presidential race, according to Republican officials familiar with his plans.
The two-term governor has scheduled a news conference for 6 p.m. ET in Madison, Wisconsin. He announced his presidential bid on July 13 and had led in national and early state polls during the spring and early summer, prior to the entry of billionaire Donald Trump.

And then there were 15.

I don't think Kasich's "Judeo-Christian Western values agency" sounds stupid. It's just a goofy name for a propaganda wing. America has always been second-rate with her propaganda compared to a country like Russia.

How the hell does Walker drop out before Patacki?

Lol, yeah, it's clearly right there in the Declaration of Independence, or the Constitution.

I forgot which one.

Actually, it isn't.

Actually it is. But hey keep being stupid. I guess Amendments to the Constitution =/= in the Constitution. I suppose that's a fucking awesome argument for all the illegal searches conducted following 9/11. Bet that fits right up your alley too

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/27/politics/donald-trump-jeb-bush-poll-quinnipiac/index.html

This is big. Quinnipac is one of the most reliable polling out there, and as of now this is how they've polled the Republican candidates.

Trump - 28%
Carson - 12%
Bush, Cruz, and Rubio - 7%

Another way to look at it, is that Trump has more of support than his three closest challengers combined.

Remember that article that said Bush's Super Pac donators that have filled his campaign pockets with over $130 million, aren't panicing yet?

They're panicing.

How the hell does Walker drop out before Patacki?

Some candidates leave as soon as they think they can't win. Some enter the race never expecting to win. It's all about motives. Also money plays into it to. I'm not sure what Walker plans for his future but my guess is he rather cut early and have campaign money for his next Wisconsin term if he runs.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/27/politics/donald-trump-jeb-bush-poll-quinnipiac/index.html

This is big. Quinnipac is one of the most reliable polling out there, and as of now this is how they've polled the Republican candidates.

Trump - 28%
Carson - 12%
Bush, Cruz, and Rubio - 7%

Another way to look at it, is that Trump has more of support than his three closest challengers combined.

Remember that article that said Bush's Super Pac donators that have filled his campaign pockets with over $130 million, aren't panicing yet?

They're panicing.

The GOP establishment is taking an absolute beating. Their tears are quite delicious.

They spent all this time not listening to the base and not caring about the base, and now they're paying the price for it.

Some candidates leave as soon as they think they can't win. Some enter the race never expecting to win. It's all about motives. Also money plays into it to. I'm not sure what Walker plans for his future but my guess is he rather cut early and have campaign money for his next Wisconsin term if he runs.

This is my feeling as well.

So you'll cite a website but not actual text or cases.

Actual 1st Amendment text: Article the third... Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Now from Everson:
The establishment of religion clause means at least this: Neither a state nor the federal government may set up a church. Neither can pass laws that aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion over another. Neither can force a person to go to or to remain away from church against his will or force him to profess a belief or disbelief in any religion… . Neither a state or the federal government may, openly or secretly, participate in the affairs of any religious organizations or groups and vice versa. In the words of Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect ‘a wall of separation between church and state.’”

Not sure how, unless you're trolling, you can take the establishment clause to mean anything other than a separation of church and state. Under Kaisch's plan he would give deference to one sect of religion over others as well as have government entangled with a sect of religion

In most of the recent polls, at least three out of the top four candidates are not establishment.

When you get Cruz, Carson, and Trump leading the pack, there's major unhappiness out there with the GOP bigwigs.

Yes, it's early, but shit man, with all the establishment candidates who have entered the race this cycle, you would think they would attract enough support for a majority of the voters polled. And they're not even coming close.

Actually, looks like he blew through his campaign money like Perry did. Some candidates continue spending at the pace their previous donations paced at and if they hit a rut, they run out of money quick. If you scale down, it usually ruins you too cause you have little chance to rise back up.

Walker quits after blowing through campaign cash
20150921-scott-walker-suspend-campaign-ap-1160.jpg

Scott Walker decided to end his 2016 campaign after burning through cash and disappointing donors who thought the one-time frontrunner would be one of the last men standing this primary season.
"Today, I believe that I'm being called to lead by helping to clear the field in this race for a positive conservative message to rise to the top of the field," he said at a press conference in Madison.
The sudden decision opens up opportunities for other candidates, among them Marco Rubio, who has already scored some of Walker’s financial backers.

Also, you have to factor in staff. I think Walker lost a major staff member after the second debate. Everything was riding on it.

So you'll cite a website but not actual text or cases.

Actual 1st Amendment text: Article the third... Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
And you're proving my point. The phrase 'Separation of church and state' is not included in the constitution. It was written in 1791, and Thomas Jefferson first wrote the term in 1802.

Now from Everson:
The establishment of religion clause means at least this: Neither a state nor the federal government may set up a church. Neither can pass laws that aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion over another. Neither can force a person to go to or to remain away from church against his will or force him to profess a belief or disbelief in any religion… . Neither a state or the federal government may, openly or secretly, participate in the affairs of any religious organizations or groups and vice versa. In the words of Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect ‘a wall of separation between church and state.’”

Not sure how, unless you're trolling, you can take the establishment clause to mean anything other than a separation of church and state. Under Kaisch's plan he would give deference to one sect of religion over others as well as have government entangled with a sect of religion

Who gives a damn who this 'Everson' person is and what he thinks about?

The author of the term, and the constitution, trumps his twisted interpretation.

The phrase "wall of separation between the church and the state" was originally coined by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to the Danbury Baptists on January 1, 1802. His purpose in this letter was to assuage the fears of the Danbury, Connecticut Baptists, and so he told them that this wall had been erected to protect them. The metaphor was used exclusively to keep the state out of the church's business, not to keep the church out of the state's business.

http://www.usconstitution.net/jeffwall.html

And here's the entire letter, in full context.

Mr. President

To messers Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.

Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association assurances of my high respect & esteem.

(signed) Thomas Jefferson
Jan.1.1802.

In other words, claiming 'Separation of church and state' was in the Constitution, is like saying Obama fought against Hitler in the 1940s.

Marco Rubio: Women Being 'Pushed' Into Abortions For Fetal Tissue Profits
Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio told an Iowa-based TV station that women are being "pushed into abortions" by organizations like Planned Parenthood which then profit from selling fetal tissue.
"Now what you've done is you've created an industry—now what you've done is you've created an incentive for people to be pushed into abortions so that those [fetal] tissues can be harvested and sold for a profit," the Florida senator said Monday in an interview with KCCI.
After undercover videos surfaced of Planned Parenthood officials discussing the cost of aborted fetal tissue, the group said it merely seeks reimbursements while donating tissue for medical research, which is legal.

Bush at Hispanic Chamber: ‘Dream Act Kids’ Need Citizenship Path
“I believe that Dream Act kids should have a path to citizenship,” Jeb Bush, speaking amid chants of protesters at U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce event in Houston.

Trump Says He Would Restructure Student Loans, Forgo Salary

And you're proving my point. The phrase 'Separation of church and state' is not included in the constitution. It was written in 1791, and Thomas Jefferson first wrote the term in 1802.

Who gives a damn who this 'Everson' person is and what he thinks about?

The author of the term, and the constitution, trumps his twisted interpretation.

http://www.usconstitution.net/jeffwall.html

And here's the entire letter, in full context.

In other words, claiming 'Separation of church and state' was in the Constitution, is like saying Obama fought against Hitler in the 1940s.
You have absolutely ZERO clue on Constitutional law. So please go back, take an American government class and learn a thing or two, thanks.

And btw to show how big of a fucking fail you are, Everson is the shortened name to the case that was heard by SCOTUS. Not that you know what SCOTUS is

The GOP establishment is taking an absolute beating. Their tears are quite delicious.

They spent all this time not listening to the base and not caring about the base, and now they're paying the price for it.

Not just not caring about the base, but knowingly and willfully acting against the will of the base.

Now if we could get this huge amount of attention before the Presidential nominee primaries to be duplicated over to Senate and Congressional primaries to vote out the idiots there that are solidifying McConnell and Boehner's positions of leadership.

I'd bet money that they'd be tough against the next Republican President's proposed changes to the status quo, after Obama get everything he wants through the House and Senate for the past 6 years.

Trump was just on Colbert.

If I'm being honest, Trump absolutely hit the appearance out of the park in my opinion. Colbert was really soft on him, but it was a good showing.

You have absolutely ZERO clue on Constitutional law. So please go back, take an American government class and learn a thing or two, thanks.

No matter now many classes you or I take, won't make it appear in the constitution. Sorry.

And btw to show how big of a fucking fail you are, Everson is the shortened name to the case that was heard by SCOTUS. Not that you know what SCOTUS is

And so.... it somehow trumps Thomas Jefferson's own words.

Gotchya.

Colbert-Trump interview was pretty good. Trump actually handled it well if you are judging it in whatever realm I can say Trump did well. Lot of funny moments too. Colbert is just at his best with these type of people. I like him with politicians.

No matter now many classes you or I take, won't make it appear in the constitution. Sorry.

And so.... it somehow trumps Thomas Jefferson's own words.

Gotchya.

No matter what you say separation of church and state exists in the Constitution through an Amendment that's been interpreted by SCOTUS. According to your logic we shouldn't count any interpretations of any amendments and should just go by vague ass writing of amendments and how they related to when they were wrote? In that case turn in all of your guns and go back to muskets.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/...h-virginia-co-chair-campaign-2016-121815.html

Former House majority leader Eric Cantor will endorse Jeb Bush and become the co-chair for Jeb's Virginia campaign. He was courted heavily by other candidates for his political network and fundraising capabilities inside the state.

Way to make yourself look more 'establishment' Jeb. :icon_lol:

Who's advising this guy?
That "I meant Asian anchor babies" bit was a snapshot that he's desperate.

Trumps "touch my hair, it's real" bit in South Carolina yesterday was genius.

It's amazing to see people are actually concerned about Donald Trump running for office. As opposed to blase? (They should frankly be more wary of Dr. Carson.) I do know I'm fonder of Megyn Kelly.

No matter what you say separation of church and state exists in the Constitution through an Amendment that's been interpreted by SCOTUS. According to your logic we shouldn't count any interpretations of any amendments and should just go by vague ass writing of amendments and how they related to when they were wrote? In that case turn in all of your guns and go back to muskets.

Crying-baby-012.jpg

Way to make yourself look more 'establishment' Jeb. :icon_lol:

Who's advising this guy?
That "I meant Asian anchor babies" bit was a snapshot that he's desperate.

Trumps "touch my hair, it's real" bit in South Carolina yesterday was genius.

Endorcements are worthless on the grand scale of things. Just look at Christie's endorcement from the Governor of Maine. I doubt that bumped up his numbers by two percentage points... in Maine.

And this guy, Eric Cantor, 'gives his endorcement to Bush and goes to work in his campaign' completely backfires the concept of an endorcement. Endorcements are supposed to be because you legitmatley feel they're the best candidate, not because you're going to be paid a shitload by working for his campaign and giving your endorcement.

At worst, endorcements from a candidate bowing out of the race to another candidate, in hopes that he wins the nomination so that the endorcer would eventually become his VP.... is acceptable. But giving an endorcement because you're coming to work on a campaign.... his openly dirty, and I wouldn't be surprised if this hurts Bush's numbers in Virginia.

Speaking of a candidate's numbers in a specific state... I'm very curious to see the all the numbers of the first dozen primary states.

Depending on the decimal point on the 7% numbers and the margin for error, Bush could be in 5th place in national numbers.

Colert Trump interview was pretty civil. Colbert was way harsher to Cruz.

Five national polls out since the 4th debate. I'll just list the RCP averages

Trump 27.5
Carson 19.8
Rubio 12.5
Cruz 11.3
Bush 5.5
Fiorina 3.5
Huckabee 3.3
Christie 3.0
Kasich 2.8
Paul 2.5
Graham 0.8
Pataki 0.8
Santorum 0.5

It's also important to note CNN decided for some BS reason to allow threshold for next debate to be through Iowa, NH or National polls so at this point, we already have 9 qualifying (+1 from last debate)

Colert Trump interview was pretty civil. Colbert was way harsher to Cruz.

I think the crowd was harder on him. There were lighthearted moments in the Cruz one but it just got to serious at the end on a bad note.

Donald Trump is firing warning shots at the national Republican Party
Property magnate Donald Trump fired a warning shot at the national Republican Party on Monday.

The GOP presidential front-runner tweeted that the Republican National Committee was reportedly "getting ready to treat me unfairly — big spending planned against me."

"That wasn't the deal!" Trump exclaimed.

The "deal" was an apparent reference to the pledge Trump signed in September to not launch an independent presidential campaign should he lose the nomination.

Just watch this PoS run third party.

Dear Media, Stop Freaking Out About Donald Trump’s Polls
Lately, pundits and punters seem bullish on Donald Trump, whose chances of winning the Republican presidential nomination recently inched above 20 percent for the first time at the betting market Betfair. Perhaps the conventional wisdom assumes that the aftermath of the terrorist attacks in Paris will play into Trump’s hands, or that Republicans really might be in disarray. If so, I can see where the case for Trump is coming from, although I’d still say a 20 percent chance is substantially too high.

GearSolidMetal, this is a really good article stating my point about "early". It is likely much more helpful then my posts.

silver-itsearly-1.png

SHARE OF IOWA VOTERS WHO DECIDED
ELECTION > 1 MONTH OUT 1 WEEK TO 1 MONTH OUT FINAL WEEK
2004 Democrats 30% 27% 42%
2008 Republicans 28 31 40
2008 Democrats 49 24 27
2012 Republicans 32 21 46
Iowa Average 35 26 39
SHARE OF N.H. VOTERS WHO DECIDED
ELECTION > 1 MONTH OUT 1 WEEK TO 1 MONTH OUT FINAL WEEK
2004 Democrats 26% 19% 54%
2008 Republicans 29 22 50
2008 Democrats 34 17 48
2012 Republicans 28 26 46
New Hampshire Average 29 21 50
By comparison,

Jeb Bush attends Mass with Pope Francis
150923-jeb-bush-gty-629jpg.jpg

The first pope from the Americas said his first Mass on U.S. soil to canonize the first Hispanic-American saint. Was the second Roman Catholic president in attendance?
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush attended the canonization Mass on Wednesday for Junipero Serra, an 18th-century missionary who brought Christianity to large swaths of Mexico and California. The Republican candidate's presence went unremarked from the altar, as Bush and his wife blended into the crowd of thousands who attended the Mass at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington.

Obviously im going trump. Two months ago i started the trump bandwagon thread and got my balls busted...since then i've seen a lot of people change their mind on Trump.

And i don't understand why people think he doesn't represent conservatives. Nowadays, conservatives don't give a shit about gay marriage and they understand that the president can't overturn roe/wade. They care about fiscal responsibility. Strong economy. Strong military. And they are sick to death of political correctness.

Trump goes after Rubio
dt1.jpg

Donald Trump is a uniter, not a divider, he said on Wednesday.
He had just trashed Marco Rubio, whose stock has been rising following Jeb Bush’s less-than-stellar performance in last week’s debate and Scott Walker’s Monday withdrawal from the race.
The official purpose of Tuesday night’s event, a town hall hosted by Sen. Tim Scott, was to give South Carolinians the chance to question the candidate. But Trump used the occasion to talk up his appeal to non-whites. He can unify a divided country, he said, because “I have a temperament where I bring people together.”

Walker to GOP rivals: Let's stop Trump
150923-scott-walker-gty-629.jpg

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker told top donors Wednesday that he wants other struggling candidates to drop out of the presidential race so Republicans can coalesce behind an alternative to Donald Trump.
“It's just was my fundamental feeling that I had a chance to lead not by running and winning in this instance, but by not running and challenging others in this race to consider making this decision because I believe in the end if we narrow the field to just a few quality, positive alternatives to the frontrunner, it's not only good for the party it's good for the country,” Walker said in a 10-minute conference call to which POLITICO obtained access.

Just watch this PoS run third party.

well your personal feelings about trump are finally out in the open .. couldn't hold it in any longer eh ? lol .. trump is rustlin jimmies left and right .. love it .. hope he wins .. it's gonna be fun

Obviously im going trump. Two months ago i started the trump bandwagon thread and got my balls busted...since then i've seen a lot of people change their mind on Trump.

And i don't understand why people think he doesn't represent conservatives. Nowadays, conservatives don't give a shit about gay marriage and they understand that the president can't overturn roe/wade. They care about fiscal responsibility. Strong economy. Strong military. And they are sick to death of political correctness.

Trump is not a conservative, but who cares? It's not like Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, and John Kasich are conservatives. The GOP establishment ditched conservatives long ago, and now some of us - but not all of us - are advocating payback.

If Trump is the imperfect vehicle for that vengeance, so be it.

Can Carson stir pot of bigotry without getting burned?
20150922-ben-carson-gty-1160.jpg

Ben Carson has said he does not want a Muslim in the White House because Muslims cannot be trusted. They do not fit “within the realm of America” and Islam is not “consistent with the Constitution,” Carson said.
Carson was surprised when this caused a fuss.
His assertions were bigoted and ignorant, but bigoted and ignorant have been playing well in the Republican Party this year.
Donald Trump insults Mexicans, and he quadruples his standing in the polls. He insults POWs and women, and he still sits atop the polls.

Ben Carson’s Religious Beliefs Come Under Scrutiny
Now that he's a top-tier Republican presidential candidate, everything about Ben Carson, including his religious views, is coming under greater scrutiny.
A staunch creationist who has labeled evolution a "myth," Carson has never been shy about expressing his views on religion, including his belief that it would not be a good idea for the United States to elect a Muslim president. In the wake of those comments, several articles have been written pointing to a 2011 speech Carson delivered to fellow Seventh Day Adventists. Titled "Celebration of Creation," the retired neurosurgeon's remarks targeted what he sees as a lack of scientific evidence for evolution. Portraying Charles Darwin's theory as unscientific, Carson also railed against what he sees as political correctness directed by scientists against people of faith.

Christmas/New Year is going to be fun if Trump is still in the lead, watching the desperation take over from the establishment.

Unless a scandal comes out nobody knows about i can see him making it to Iowa.

Funny thing about Trumps threat to run third party is that he is still treated unfairly and attacked from all angles. I honestly think the establishment would rather have hillary win than trump.

Donald Trump Quits Fox News (Again) After O’Reilly Appearance Is Canceled
23firstdraft-trump-tmagArticle.jpg

Like many Twitter posts by Donald J. Trump, the one Wednesday morning seemed provocative and unprompted: In less than 140-characters, Mr. Trump said he felt that Fox News had been treating him “very unfairly” and he had “therefore decided that I won’t be doing any more Fox shows for the foreseeable future.”

Surely there was a backstory, right?

In a statement on Wednesday afternoon, the network said that Mr. Trump’s post seemed to have been prompted by its decision, shortly before noon, to cancel his scheduled appearance Thursday on “The O’Reilly Factor.”

Like Houseguests, The Worst Candidates Sometimes Stay The Longest
Was Scott Walker a bad candidate?

Many people are treating his exit from the presidential race after only 70 days on the campaign trail — months before voting even begins — as prima facie proof that he was, and his departure certainly indicates that something went very wrong with his campaign. Yet, I agree with Vox’s Seth Masket: “Better candidates drop out early.” Said another way: It’s often the weakest candidates who stay in the primary the longest.

Five national polls out since the 4th debate. I'll just list the RCP averages

Trump 27.5
Carson 19.8
Rubio 12.5
Cruz 11.3
Bush 5.5
Fiorina 3.5
Huckabee 3.3
Christie 3.0
Kasich 2.8
Paul 2.5
Graham 0.8
Pataki 0.8
Santorum 0.5

It's also important to note CNN decided for some BS reason to allow threshold for next debate to be through Iowa, NH or National polls so at this point, we already have 9 qualifying (+1 from last debate)

That is dumb, some people have been spending a ton of money in those early stages trying to get that bump. Those are also scary %s, over half the Repubs in the country want one of Trump, Carson, or Cruz. Now that Rubio and Kasich are shilling hard they aren't as appealing as they were to me, though I still think they are the GOPs best ticket.

Trump is not a conservative, but who cares? It's not like Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, and John Kasich are conservatives. The GOP establishment ditched conservatives long ago, and now some of us - but not all of us - are advocating payback.

If Trump is the imperfect vehicle for that vengeance, so be it.

As a conservative are u really concerned with the social issues of old?

I haven't been following along lately very well, so I apologize if this has been discussed, but I've heard this tossed around a bit here (in Canada) and was wondering if this is a real thing being discussed:

http://www.citynews.ca/2015/09/24/41-per-cent-of-americans-support-building-a-wall-on-canadian-border/

The idea that any in the US support this is just boggling to me. The cost alone... and just...considering nothing other than the massive disruption to animal migration and hunting areas (probably the least often discussed issue with proposed projects like this), I just can't imagine what the propsed benefit would be.

well your personal feelings about trump are finally out in the open .. couldn't hold it in any longer eh ? lol .. trump is rustlin jimmies left and right .. love it .. hope he wins .. it's gonna be fun

"Finally out in the open" :icon_lol: Is that what exposed it? Not Donald Trump (Troll) in the past/current polll or I don't know... the majority of my posts in these threads? You got me there....

A single endorsement is worthless, but the man who wins the most political endorsements before the voting begins in Iowa almost always wins the primary.

The 2004 and especially the 2008 Democratic Primaries were exceptions, and there's no doubt that this year's GOP primary looks to be wide open, but I still wouldn't knock endorsements.

By that graph, Hillary has 30 times the number Biden has. And there's no question that she's not going to be the nominee.

Oh, I forgot to mention, Iowa is the first primary, but it's a symbolic victory in recent political history. Huckabee won it in 2008 and Santorum in 2012.

Last edited:
So I just found there's a Donald Trump XXX parody that someone actually put effort into writing so they can discuss his policies and mimic his dialogue.

We you get called out by porn...

That is dumb, some people have been spending a ton of money in those early stages trying to get that bump. Those are also scary %s, over half the Repubs in the country want one of Trump, Carson, or Cruz. Now that Rubio and Kasich are shilling hard they aren't as appealing as they were to me, though I still think they are the GOPs best ticket.

Half meaning 1/4? The same amount wanted Herman Cain and he may have had an equal amount of substance to him.

Yep. They met early and came to an agreement.

I don't think there's been a meeting. Probably a silent agreement.

Cruz pledged early to never attack another candidate and make his arguement to the primary voters on his own merrit. There's been many times that Cruz was asked to make comments about Trump'z political stances and he chose not to participate, saying he's not going to do the media's job for him. He even praised Trump's ability to put issues that are important to voters in the spotlight, which otherwise would not be.

The only thing Trump has said about Cruz is that he thought only people that were born in this country can be President, and Cruz was born in Canada. The fact is that courts have judged that the consitution is interpreted that one of the parents of a child must a US citizen to be considered 'naturalized' and the geophraphical location of the birth is irrelevant. McCain was born in Panama, for example.

Considering how Trump has blasted practically every other candidate but Cruz via twitter, says something.

Edit - Also, I just noticed, Trump hasn't attacked Carson either. But that's for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Conservative crowd boos Trump for calling Rubio a ‘clown’

Conservatives booed Donald Trump for calling Republican presidential rival Marco Rubio a “clown” at the Values Voter conference of activists on Friday.
“You have this clown, Marco Rubio,” Trump said, as the crowd erupted in boos. “I’ve been so nice to him.”
Trump has turned his rhetorical fire against Rubio in recent days as the Florida senator has risen in the polls. After the booing, Trump tried to attack Rubio for his support of a comprehensive immigration package two years ago, saying there was “nobody weaker” on immigration. The attacks received a damp reception. Trump eventually retreated back to safer ground, attacking Democrats and promoting himself.

Marco Rubio Goes to War With Donald Trump
Marco Rubio is really getting under Donald Trump's skin.
The billionaire businessman who's leading the Republican presidential field was met with loud boos from a social conservative audience when he dubbed the Florida senator a "clown" Friday at the Values Voter Summit.
But he wasn't deterred. Trump, whose speech was otherwise well-received, went on to knock his rival's co-authorship of an immigration reform bill in 2013, which the real estate mogul called "terrible." He said there was "nobody weaker" on immigration, before reiterating his call for building a wall on the southern border. He also attacked Rubio for having the "worst record" of voting attendance in the Senate.

Rising Rubio Hits Back, Calls Trump "Insecure"
321995_5_.jpg

Marco Rubio has been downplaying his rise in the polls, aiming to avoid peaking too soon and instead, evolving as the the survivor of a long, drawn-out Republican primary.

But someone has taken notice.

Donald Trump is now on to Rubio, the Florida senator currently in fifth place in the RealClearPolitics average, within a few tenths of a percent of Jeb Bush. Only Trump, Ben Carson, and Carly Fiorina are ahead. During a campaign stop in South Carolina and in subsequent media interviews, Trump made Rubio his new target, criticizing him for being “sweaty,” “overly ambitious,” financially unsuccessful, absent from the U.S. Senate, and “a kid.”

Rubio has tried to stay out of Trump’s way, opting instead to focus on fundraising and campaign activity and hoping to stay under the radar while his rivals duke it out. Now that he is on Trump’s hit list, Rubio figures he can’t just stand idly by any longer.

On Thursday, during an interview with Kentucky Sports Radio, Rubio called Trump “a touchy and insecure guy.”

Back