Golovkin vs Geale 7/26 at MSG

The division is weak at the moment, it is actually one of the better fights for him.

I'm taking GGG I would like to see him go the distance by dominating the fight then go for the KO in the last rounds. If he does not do it that way people will say that ohh geale made him go 12 rounds he could not stop him so he is just a hypejob.

I hope GGG calls out Cotto after the fight and tells him to be a man and unify the titles.

Not sure why so many are raving about this fight.

Because its a step up for a fairly untested hype job.

We've seen Geale fight good fighters. We've seen Geale beat guys that Golovkin has fought.

Its time Golovkin fought someone with a pulse and thats Geale.

Because its a step up for a fairly untested hype job.

We've seen Geale fight good fighters. We've seen Geale beat guys that Golovkin has fought.

Its time Golovkin fought someone with a pulse and thats Geale.

Do you reckon Geale is a chance? The general feeling over he is kudos to him for taking a really good fighter but he doesn't have much of a shot.

I hope GGG calls out Cotto after the fight and tells him to be a man and unify the titles.

Tells Cotto to be a man?

Lol.

Do you reckon Geale is a chance? The general feeling over he is kudos to him for taking a really good fighter but he doesn't have much of a shot.

If Golovkin is what people think he is, no. He should beat Geale. BUT we've seen Geale in with solid opposition like Sturm, Barker (I thought Geale did enough to beat Barker) and I feel like he presents some of the same problems Ouma presented with his somewhat unorthodox, busy style.

We're not getting much by seeing Golovkin beat up guys like Adama and Ishida.

If Golovkin is what people think he is, no. He should beat Geale. BUT we've seen Geale in with solid opposition like Sturm, Barker (I thought Geale did enough to beat Barker) and I feel like he presents some of the same problems Ouma presented with his somewhat unorthodox, busy style.

Where do u rank the Stevens and macklin wins...neither guy was elite; but they were veterans and posed some threats, geale is clearly above the guys golovkin beat..but I felt Stevens/macklin were legit threat.

Geale vacated the WBA belt rather than fight GGG then turned down a date in Monaco because it wouldn't be on HBO then turned down a HBO date. That's three times and now when he has no belt and no options he's willing.

Geale vacated the belt for a million dollar payday as opposed to $250K for that fight.

I have no heard about him turning down Monaco, HBO didn't show it because Adama was a garbage opponent.

He turned down the third date because the ppv provider in Australia was showing a UFC exclusively so he would have lost a lot of ppv revenue from his home country. . He asked HBO to alter the date and they refused. He also had no belt for this date as it was after he lost to Barker.

Nice try though.

Nice try though.

you didn't refute anything he said actually.

the fact that he turned down the chance to fight golovkin more than once and opted for easy paydays instead contradicts the other poster's claim that geale has been calling out golovkin for 2 years and just dying to get his hands on him.

Where do u rank the Stevens and macklin wins...neither guy was elite; but they were veterans and posed some threats, geale is clearly above the guys golovkin beat..but I felt Stevens/macklin were legit threat.

Stevens was no threat. He's got a hard punch and that's it. He got his ass beat by Jesse Brinkley ffs. He also had to rely on a premature stoppage to save him in his last fight where he was getting boxed up by an unknown

I didn't think Macklin was much of threat either but for GGG to run through him the way he did was impressive. GGG made him look like a scrub

Good to hear your thoughts. If Geale could pull it off it's been the best year for Aussie boxing I can remember in a while, with Soliman, Leapai (at least he got a shot ha ha), even Lucas Browne winning the Commonwealth title was a good effort.

Good to hear your thoughts. If Geale could pull it off it's been the best year for Aussie boxing I can remember in a while, with Soliman, Leapai (at least he got a shot ha ha), even Lucas Browne winning the Commonwealth title was a good effort.

Agreed, great yr,id add Fletcher and Horne are getting close to title shots too. only real let down for me was tomlinson getting GB contract then underwhelming and losing on US debut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back