Golovkin vs Geale 7/26 at MSG

GGG is like a JCC sr./tyson combo,and ya dont need to be a kazak to wanna see that. NY has spoken and they have said WAR GGG.

GGG wont even sell out a quarter of the actual Garden seats

He sells 5000 when he fights in the ballroom which is a quarter so there goes your hyperbole. They're opening the lower bowl which seats 9000 to begin and if there's still demand then sections in upper parts. Getting 9000 would be very good especially with the higher prices and against an Aussie opponent who is basically unknown to casuals.

GGG gasses and Geale gets the gold.

Geale's been calling Golovkin and Martinez out for like 2 years now.

Geale vacated the WBA belt rather than fight GGG then turned down a date in Monaco because it wouldn't be on HBO then turned down a HBO date. That's three times and now when he has no belt and no options he's willing.

Last edited:
he had the chance to make the fight two years ago but chose to vacate and fight mundine instead.

Geale vacated the WBA belt rather than fight GGG then turned down a date in Monaco because it wouldn't be on HBO then turned down a HBO date. That's three times and now when he has no belt and no options he's willing.

It was a better career move. If he would've fought GGG 2 years ago, half the people who know now, wouldn't know.

He probably got ~1.5 million for the Mundine fight.

Closest we're gonna get to a unification is GGG/Martinez I think

Sam Solimon will probably be happy taking domestic fights

Closest we're gonna get to a unification is GGG/Martinez I think

Sam Solimon will probably be happy taking domestic fights

Soliman called GGG out after his win and hasn't shown any interest at the suggestion of a Geale fight apparently because Geale denigrated him and acted like he was above him when he had a title so he's returning the favor. Soliman is a former Muay Thai fighter and a real fighter unlike so many boxer today.

The WBA super title means GGG won't have to make a mandatory defense for 18 months which opens him up to pursue meaningful fights without Fletcher level title defenses inbetween. After Geale i bet he goes after a Soliman unification if Froch or Chavez aren't available.

geale = half native
GGG = half korean

who's the white boy in this fight and who will be doing the checkin ?

depends who was more influenced by 8mile, imo. Geale has already been checked by one whiteboy recently so that might play a factor against a semi whiteboy. Personally this fight comes down to who can tune into their non-white side, imo.

Agree with realdeal.

I'm not sure if I see Geale winning but he is tough and is going to make Golovkin work.

People think Golovkin will stop everybody. I have a feeling we'll see what happens when he can't stop a high quality fighter in this one.

I don't think it'll matter if he stops him or not, Geale is tough but GGG doesn't strike me as the type to fall apart if he can't get his guy out of there. Also, I had Geale beating Barker, but Golovkin is a much tougher fight for Geale than Barker was. We'll see what happens. This is a step up for both guys.

Excited to see how this one plays out. Geale is a good boxer, we'll see if that will cause Golovkin some issues throughout, as a GGG fan I'm more worried about the movement and overall boxing acumen of Geale rather than him getting frustrated by not getting a stoppage. which doesn't really bother me.

Geale is a poor mans froch..tough aggressive conditioned physical punishing fighter...Barker gave him fits and wore him down..golovkin has better power..and much better offensive repertoire and accuracy.

I think he stops geale late...geale is only fighting cause he has to..no choice on his end.

Geale is a poor mans froch..tough aggressive conditioned physical punishing fighter...Barker gave him fits and wore him down..golovkin has better power..and much better offensive repertoire and accuracy.

I think he stops geale late...geale is only fighting cause he has to..no choice on his end.

Geale is absolutely nothing like Froch there is a reason fans gave him the moniker Gealzaghe.

Man this is a good fight, Geales got some solid skills, and like previously mentioned i cant remember anyone actually hurting him in the past, add the fact that he outworks 99% of his opponents this should be really interesting, the barker loss was worrying because he floored barker to the body then just got preoccupied setting up big punches and let the score just slip by without barker really doing much to win aside from that miracle 9 count recovery, maybe the nerves of his first fight in the states trying to impress everyone i guess, hope it doesnt happen again

interesting to see GGG gas tank as he will have to spend alot of energy keeping the pace trying to control geales movement and making sure geale doesnt steal rounds with those flurries. If GGG cant find a way to hurt him early this could be upset of the year

This will be closer than the experts think. GGG by md.

GGG already handled Geale in the amateurs twice, he will do it in the pro's also.

Geale will get the Macklin treatment once GGG is done with him.

Before the fight: "Geale's a tough matchup for GGG! I think he'll really test him!"

After the fight: "Geale never beat anyone! I'm not convinced GGG's anything special until he steps up his level of competition!"

Geale will get the Macklin treatment once GGG is done with him.

Before the fight: "Geale's a tough matchup for GGG! I think he'll really test him!"

After the fight: "Geale never beat anyone! I'm not convinced GGG's anything special until he steps up his level of competition!"

Sort of depends on how good people think Geale is and how good Golovkin fans SAY he was after the fight.

I think its a good fight and a good step up for Golovkin. But Geale is not really special. I like Geale but he's hardly pound for pound material.

If I hear Hagler comparisons like after the Adama fight again, then I'll puke.

GGG has been the real deal. He's got this pay day.

He's been ready for the big fights for a long time now imo. They need to start giving him some household names

I think its a good fight and a good step up for Golovkin. But Geale is not really special. I like Geale but he's hardly pound for pound material.

If I hear Hagler comparisons like after the Adama fight again, then I'll puke.

Lol I'm with you on this one Seano.

I love me some GGG but he's nothing like Hagler.

Okay, GGG is a a bit hyped up, and he hasn't beaten any HUGE names yet. But this is why I see so much potential in him... It's the way he beats his opponents. He destroys them. In every fight I have seen of his, he is in complete control basically the entire fight. His technique is VERY sound, his balance is great. He doesn't have massive 1-punch KO power like everybody thinks. He is heavy handed, but he is also a great technical boxer and knows when to load up on shots and how to place them. Like Rosado said, he has the "wear you down" type of power. Like he did to Stevens and Adama. He will beat any middleweight out now, I'm confident of it.

A prime Sergio was actually troubled by Macklin until putting him away in 11. GGG steamrolled him with no trouble whatsoever.

Back