GLORY 77: Heavyweight Tournament and Three Title Fights, exclusive PPV on January 30th

bro we already know the ppv details of 77

bro we already know the ppv details of 77
Just passing on the most recent official list for the folks from Brazil speculating about broadcast options...

For 77 official is as such:

As we continue our transition towards pay-per-view and building the future of our sport, GLORY will soon announce the launch of new online pay-per-view platforms for GLORY 77. GLORY fans will be able to watch the first pay-per-view event of 2021 on GLORY channels and via our official distribution partners Spike, La Sueur, FITE and SportExtra. GLORY 77 will be exclusively available on pay-per-view for €19.99 or $24.99.

So we don't know the full PPV details, bro. Most likely it will be the same as last unless they can secure more options.

wow, that's a steep increase for us who live in the third world with devaluated currencies :(

25 US dollars is over 125 brazilian monies and Jan. 30 is the date of the final match of Libertadores Cup which is the same as South America Champions League which will feature one, if not two brazilian teams so Glory should expect zero buys from Brazil.

How do Brazilians normally afford UFC PPVs? Aren't they like $65 dollars or something?

Why not Paraschiv? He stopped that Naccari in Round 2. I have never thought anyway QJL is such a good fighter, but he is fighting just in China. Even though I like Wei Rui for example, the Chinese are so good only until they fight abroad. The circuit in Japan is much higher. And even Wei Rui, when he went to Japan, he lost by KO to Koya Urabe.

Some are lucky to fight at 65 kg and not at 70 kg.
They fought 3 years ago at 72kg, if they fought today at 65kg I would favor Naccari. Why does Paraschiv fight at 72 anyways? Hes not such a big guy.

I think the weight cut affected Wei Rui's ability to take a punch. Wasn't he fighting below his weight class?
He had a cold, K-1 took away his title, reduced his purse, took away a point and made him fight with bigger gloves. Think they didn't allow him to gain back any weight before the fight or some such either, don't remember exactly anymore.

Last edited:
The Chinese is not new, but they added it last time very late.

Why does Paraschiv fight at 72 anyways? Hes not such a big guy.
Paraschiv (174 cm) has never fought as a featherweight. And Naccari so far has fought in the 70 kg if I am not wrong, not at 65 kg.

In Europe in many sports the athletes now weigh more. But it is not a rule. RvR was 169 cm and 70 kg (sometimes 72,5 kg). Askerov 170 and 70, Khamal 172 and 70. It is about where you feel better after all, but the new athletes in the West, including the United States, weigh more.

At least today they can choose from many weight classes. And the 70 kg is anyway superior to the 65 kg.

It is odd Glory scheduled Vakhitov to defend his title after he underwent surgery on his hand in 2019.

dogfUU8.jpg

How do Brazilians normally afford UFC PPVs? Aren't they like $65 dollars or something?

My previous post may not make much sense because there isn't a PPV culture in Brazil. Canal Combate is a subscription channel where you pay a monthly fee and get 24/7 content. You can buy PPV but the price of an individual show is close the monthly fee (the same logic applies to football). So no one actually buys PPV.

Also the dollar exchange rate wasn't always over 5. but even then there has never been a PPV culture here.

Colombian here. UFC is for free on ESPN, a channel that is in the basic package of most Cable TV operators. I think is the same for all the latinamerican countries except Brazil and Chile.

Before the Disney ESPN-Fox Sports merge stuff, all the numbered UFC cards were available on Fox premium. Also like Combate in Brazil. A small montlhy fee for all the UFC numbered cards.

Nobody around here is paying a USD 50+ PPV stream. that's like 6 days of work with minimum wage.

Even most boxing PPV events are for free on cable TV here.

Glory numbered cards were also for free on Fox Sports before. But now there is no way to watch it besides the international PPV. I hope they get a TV partner around here soon.

Also, I'm happy the Fight Pass deal for the Super Fight Series segment is over. I barely watch any MMA now, so paying Fight Pass only for Glory Super Fight Series is not worthy.

I just hope they can get a deal for the whole events with DAZN or something like that. I woukd be happy to pay for it.

The Chinese is not new, but they added it last time very late.

Paraschiv (174 cm) has never fought as a featherweight. And Naccari so far has fought in the 70 kg if I am not wrong, not at 65 kg.

In Europe in many sports the athletes now weigh more. But it is not a rule. RvR was 169 cm and 70 kg (sometimes 72,5 kg). Askerov 170 and 70, Khamal 172 and 70. It is about where you feel better after all, but the new athletes in the West, including the United States, weigh more.

At least today they can choose from many weight classes. And the 70 kg is anyway superior to the 65 kg.
Naccari has fought at 66kg. 70kg is better is Europe but not in Asia.

It seems that Glory is willing to loose its fans from Latin America and focuses more on viewers from Europe, US and maybe North Africa. Since it is a big event - four title fights- as a Romanian, I think the price is understandable by Western European wage standards. For Easterners like me, it is a little bit steep since as mentioned, it equals a monthly fee for some channels, or following some conditions, half of a yearly Netflix subscription. I suspect only the most hardcore fans will buy it. Hopefully it will not flop since everybody knows Glory needs money to become profitable. However, they must not forget that a large income of the last card was due to the Badr Army. Who knows if this card will mobilise them or not.... Also, in the long term Glory cannot count on these fans since Badr will retire. It is to be seen by the stats of this card if the Moroccans will stick to JBS as the future Badr. It certainly is a factor, especially if he will beat Rico this time. Come to think, for Glory it would actually benefit if Rico would loose the fight. It would give motivation for the Moroccans without estranging the Rico fans from Glory... Anyway, I like Rico as a person but I would actually be glad if he looses this fight...it would shake up things a little bit in the HW division.

Netflix also went up, they do not care of the others like HBO Go. HBO Go has a reasonable price DEPENDING ON REGIONS, less movies, but the best films are are on HBO - a very few though - usually (in my opinion).

I might even skip Netflix in some months now, I can save. I have black market (torrent) + HBO Go + TV (a lot of channels, including films).

They are overstimating Europe, I have many Dutch friends who complained even about the initial price. Plus it is pandemic also.

Higher prices is never a good idea. Do you know what will happen? The Dutchmen will buy some PPVs, and then after will give up. You do not conquer the market this way.

2 quality Romanians on the card would make me buy the event for sure. But notice I could be hardcore.

By the way, the funniest is that we have free UFC and Bellator in Europe, both live. And nobody cares.

It seems that Glory is willing to loose its fans from Latin America.

I think Glory have no idea what means 25 euros for a South American. Sure, there will be some fans in Brazil. But the rest...

For me, a few (alone, single) outings in the city at the mall, 2-3. For a Western less. But apart from Europe and Japan, I don"t think they will have subscriptions.

Last edited:
The Doumbe vs Groenhart is highly anticipated, but I suspect it will be ugly.

I am actually not interested in that fight. It will be full of tension between the two, that`s for sure. I am curious how Groenhart will perform with his new coach. As far as I know, he left Mike`s Gym.

The Doumbe vs Groenhart is highly anticipated, but I suspect it will be ugly.

Is it that highly anticipated though?

I'm personally much more interested in Pereira vs Vakhitov (finally it's happening!) and while I'm usually not a big fan of heavyweight kickboxing nowadays, I'd probably choose to watch Rico vs Ben Saddik over Doumbé vs Groenhart if I had to choose.

Is it that highly anticipated though?

I'm personally much more interested in Pereira vs Vakhitov (finally it's happening!) and while I'm usually not a big fan of heavyweight kickboxing nowadays, I'd probably choose to watch Rico vs Ben Saddik over Doumbé vs Groenhart if I had to choose.
Not compared to Vakhitov vs Pereira and Verhoeven vs Ben Saddik. But i think enough that it could be a main event on its own on regular Glory cards (well not in the last two events)

I shall pay for this but only 5 mins before it starts to avoid losing missing bouts.

Very impressed though.

Catinas is still only 32?

32, yes, and 5-0 in his last 5 (4 KOs). He started to look much better under Harinck, but it seems the price was paid after. At the end of 2013 he had began to be impressive and in prime, when he was very efficient in what he was doing (punching). We shall see him against Pacas, who is not a walk in the park. Now Raul found an Italian sponsor.

Last edited:
Back