GLORY 77: Heavyweight Tournament and Three Title Fights, exclusive PPV on January 30th

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TSsT2lj.jpg

GLORY 77
Saturday, January 30

Main Card

Rico Verhoeven (NED) (C) vs. Jamal Ben Saddik (MAR)
Heavyweight Championship Bout

Artem Vakhitov (RUS) (C) vs. Alex Pereira (BRA) (iC)
Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship Bout (209 lbs / 95 kg)

Cédric Doumbé (FRA) (C) vs. Murthel Groenhart (NED) (iC)
Undisputed Welterweight Championship Bout (170 lbs / 77 kg)

Tiffany Van Soest (USA) (C) vs. Aline Pereira (BRA)
Super Bantamweight Championship Bout (122 lbs / 55,3 kg)

Luis Tavares (NED) vs Donegi Abena (SUR)
Light Heavyweight Bout (209 lbs / 95 kg)

Antonio Plazibat (CRO) vs Tarik Khbabez (MAR)
Heavyweight Bout

Preliminary Card

Raul Cătinaș (ROM) vs. Martin Pacas (SVK)
Heavyweight Bout

Itay Gershon (ISR) vs Guerric Billet (FRA)
Lightweight Bout (154 lbs / 70 kg)

Details on the GLORY 77 Fight Card

The main event of GLORY 77 is headlined by one of the most exciting trilogy matches in combat sports between GLORY heavyweight champion Rico Verhoeven (56-10-0, 17 KO, The Netherlands) and the No. 1 ranked heavyweight contender Jamal Ben Saddik (35-7-0, 28 KO, Morocco).

In the light heavyweight division, the undisputed GLORY championship is on the line when defending champion Artem Vakhitov (21-5-0, 8 KO, Russia) and interim champion Alex Pereira (32-6-0, 21 KO, Brazil) face off. Currently the GLORY middleweight champion, Alex Pereira has the opportunity to become the first champion in GLORY’s history to reign over two weight divisions at the same time.

Another long-awaited trilogy match will finally take place between welterweight champion Cédric Doumbé (73-6-1, 43 KO, France) and interim champion Murthel Groenhart (69-24-3, 40 KO, The Netherlands).

Finally, super bantamweight champion Tiffany Van Soest (21-4-1, 6 KO, United States) defends her new GLORY belt for the first time against Aline Pereira (6-1-0, 1 KO, Brazil).

Two additional bouts complete the GLORY 77 fight card. Heavyweight Antonio Plazibat (18-3-0, 11 KO, Croatia) squares off with GLORY heavyweight newcomer Tarik Khbabez (46-6-1, 26 KO, Morocco). No. 2 ranked light heavyweight contender Luis Tavares (62-8-0, 22 KO, The Netherlands) looks to secure his third consecutive win when he meets No 4. ranked Donegi Abena (24-7-0, 6 KO, Surinam).

The preliminary event is headlined by a clash of heavyweight newcomers. Raul Cătinaș (41-6-0, 33 KO, Romania) and Martin Pacas (42-10-0, 10 KO, Slovakia) battle it out for their first time in the GLORY ring. Finally, French lightweight Guerric Billet (32-4-0, 14 KO, France) looks to secure his second consecutive GLORY win when he meets No. 5 ranked contender Itay Gershon (17-5-0, 6 KO, Israel) who holds a 4-1 record in GLORY.

Glorykickboxing.com

Last edited:
Former K-1 Raul "White Tyson" Cătinaș, and former SUPERKOMBAT and ONE Tarik Khabez are also in Glory!

BcFnCY7.jpg

Last edited:
I strongly believe that Catinas will indeed face Khbabez. Glory is trying to attract viewers for a card without Badr Hari. This is only logical since the Moroccan will not be fighting forever and Glory must become profitable. The viewers need top HW fights. Only by this mean the PPV will work. Who will pay for a boring Abdallah fight? I agree that for Catinas it would be better a fight with somebody not so fit as Khbabez but it is what it is now.

I will pay for the PPV also. The last one was really good. Plus, I believe Rico will be in trouble this time...

I agree that for Catinas it would be better a fight with somebody not so fit as Khbabez but it is what it is now.

Raul did not fight in almost 5 years, and they come from the same gym. It would not be smart.

Last edited:
The greatest card in a few years!

Last edited:
Hopefully this will be the last time we will see the clown as a champion.

Glory needs welterweight reinforcements, I propose:

* Eduard Gafencu (13-0, 9 KOs, a MUST, the most spectacular welterweight in whole Europe)
* Florin "Rambo" Lambagiu (17-1-1, beat Stefanovski and drew with Kyshenko but in an entertainment fight)
* Daniel Stefanovski (former SUPERKOMBAT -81 kg champion, beat Osmanoski by KO more recently)

Last edited:
Let’s go!

Attachments

• 44BB46AE-5B34-4FC3-858A-D470F27B053B.jpeg
    44BB46AE-5B34-4FC3-858A-D470F27B053B.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 7
Great news. I almost forgot about Glory at some point but now I’m looking forward to Jan 30.

I didn't even realize more fights other than the four title fights were announced, LOL. It's even better than I thought.

Back