• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Glory 28 Paris

Have you seen Rico's opposition in, oh let's say his last 7, 8 fights? Saki, Githa, more Githa, Zimmerman again, Adegbuyi back to back. He's the fucking Champ, and his in between fight is way overdue. Yes that's right, I said in between fight. Easy pickings! And about time too. He fucking earned it

That "Benny" guy served as an "in between" fight and so did Zimmerman and now Brestovac.

I didn't know the lie of promoting Zimmerman as a great fighter was still a thing.

He got put on his ass and clearly lost the fight. Should result in a rematch. Only an idiot wouldn't want that.

You edited your post you sneaky bastard. You were explaining the rules to me. So tell me, was it a knockdown or a KO? I'm serious, because I'm not in the mood to watch that fight again.

That "Benny" guy served as an "in between" fight and so did Zimmerman and now Brestovac.

I didn't know the lie of promoting Zimmerman as a great fighter was still a thing.

If Adegbuyi is an in between fight, then tell me..... what's the rest of the division? I already stated earlier that it doesn't really matter who they put in front of Rico. Don't blame him for dominating the division though.

I also like to put a word in for Glory. When it's bad we bitch. When it's good some still bitch. But NOBODY on here can't deny that Glory has turned things around the last 5 cards. A year ago we were in the Midwest at an venue that holds 2500 with only 250 attending, and things were looking depressing as hell. The last 5 cards Glory turned it up a notch, and up a notch. Milan was better than Lille, Amsterdam was better than Milan, and eventhough I'm Dutch and it's hard to be objective, I even think Paris is better than Amsterdam. Maybe not match up wise, but just look at the fighters on this Paris card. And the card isn't even finalized yet! It's going to be a great night of fights, and I honestly don't understand why some people still bitch, and bitch, and bitch..... I gues some people aren't happy when they ain't got nothing to bitch about. We can't look into Glory's finances, but for now, just enjoy these amazing cards. Because honestly, Glory couldn't have put together any better cards than they did over the last 6 months. Give some props where it's due ffs.

Last edited:
Sure he earned his spot... And with that comes challengers. No excuse for shitty matchups that have zero appeal. How about throwing Andrey at him to avenge a loss? He KO'ed Rico last year, and Glory doesn't even acknowledge his existence.

Storylines are exactly what Glory lacks, and it's why nobody gives a fuck about the promotion. Here's one right here!
He didn't KO him, but he did get 2 knockdowns in the second round. Still got trashed in that fight and I bet he would beat Rico again, that's why Glory nor Rico acknowledge it.

You edited your post you sneaky bastard. You were explaining the rules to me. So tell me, was it a knockdown or a KO? I'm serious, because I'm not in the mood to watch that fight again.
My memory was incorrect, however that technicality changes nothing about my point. Getting dropped twice and losing a fight during a title reign = worth a rematch. No excuses.

On top of Rico and Glory ducking an Andrey rematch, is that he is severely over rated. Rico, and the rest of the current heavyweight division are a huge step down from what we had 15/20 years ago, and they fought to finish, not to point fight like it's just a sport like Rico does, and they had to ability to throw more than boxing punches and low kicks. He barely "won" against an old, falling apart Peter Aerts in his billed retirement fight, lost against Semmy Schilt who retired because of a heart problem, and he would be put to sleep by all the greats in their prime, even Bob Sapp.

Mirko Cro Cop or Jarrell Miller would be the champion now if they didn't leave, but Cro Cop went to the UFC and retired, and Jarrell is making some real money in boxing. I guarantee Jarrell is already making more money than Rico.

Eh, Rico is having his reign during a very weak point in the sport no doubt, but you're either blind or stupid if you can't acknowledge his skill.

Saying Cro-Cop or Jarrell Miller can beat him is a stupid statement.

OK, not going into discussion with chumps anymore, because I feel the hate is strong. Just throwing it out there. Rico is probably the most active fighter on the entire Glory roster, not just of the HW division. I think it's save to say that he's the best paid Glory fighter, and rightfully so. He's a multi miljonair, got great sponsor deals, etc. You're already fighting 4 times a year for your main promotion. Why do al these things to the side? Obscure KB matches, MMA... He doesn't have to do it for the money. IMO this dude should enjoy his well deserved time off. But ultimately it's his discission. About this Herasimchuk fighting for Glory? Can't look into his contractual obligations. If I was in charge I'd say get him in a Glory ring ASAP, so Rico can get him out of there again ASAP. I'm not in charge though, and I doubt Glory is interested in this Russian's star potential. Because Rico got caught by a bum, only takes a split second, but that's all there is to it.

Last edited:
OK, not going into discussion with chumps anymore, because I feel the hate is strong. Just throwing it out there. Rico is probably the most active fighter on the entire Glory roster, not just of the HW division. I think it's save to say that he's the best paid Glory fighter, and rightfully so. He's a multi miljonair, got great sponsor deals, etc. You're already fighting 4 times a year for your main promotion. Why do al these things to the side? Obscure KB matches, MMA... He doesn't have to do it for the money. IMO this dude should enjoy his well deserved time off. But ultimately it's his discission. About this Herasimchuk fighting for Glory? Can't look into his contractual obligations. If I was in charge I'd say get him in a Glory ring ASAP, so Rico can get him out of there again ASAP. I'm not in charge though, and I doubt Glory is interested in this Russian's star potential. Because Rico got caught by a bum, only takes a split second, but that's all there is to it.

No way he is a multi millionaire, I bet he is getting paid 100k a fight at most. Don't listen to watch Dana White says about boxer pay, I bet Jarrell is already getting paid pretty close to that a fight if he isn't already, and he's fighting about once a month.

Last edited:
Eh, Rico is having his reign during a very weak point in the sport no doubt, but you're either blind or stupid if you can't acknowledge his skill.

Saying Cro-Cop or Jarrell Miller can beat him is a stupid statement.
Both Cro Cop and Miller would win either way, be it decision or KO. Rico has very little power for his size, especially in his kicks, and they would be bad match ups for him anyway, Jarrell would have out boxed him and Cro Cop would have out kickboxed him, with both of them having a good chance to KO him, that dutch shell only helps so much. Glory let the two best fighters they had at the time go away, and now they have to pump Rico up like he is some "prince of kickboxing," you admitted it yourself, he is reigning in a very weak point in the sport. The only skill there is to acknowledge is he is skilled compared to the current fighters, which isn't saying much. He would be irrelevant in the 90s/early 2000s, I could see 2003/2004 Musashi outpointing, even finishing him.

I really don't understand why Glory let Jarrell get away, he was just what they needed, an American HW champion.

So many bad posts and shitty opinions on one page. Not even worthy of a response. Time to abandon ship...

If Adegbuyi is an in between fight, then tell me..... what's the rest of the division? I already stated earlier that it doesn't really matter who they put in front of Rico. Don't blame him for dominating the division though.

You're right. I was giving the division too much credit without looking. Just Rico and a bunch of filler.

World (liverkick)

1 Rico Verhoeven
2 Benjamin Adegbuyi
3 Jahfarr Wilnis
4 Brian Douwes
5 Jamal Ben Saddik

Glory

4 Ben Edwards
6 Xavier Vigney
8 Chi Lewis Perry
10 Innocent Guido

Damn...

So many bad posts and shitty opinions on one page. Not even worthy of a response. Time to abandon ship...
it just mirrors glory's situation...sad they think pestering forums is the right strategy. unless they work for other promotions...in that case they're doing an amazing job alienating fans and turning every thread into a mess.

He didn't KO him, but he did get 2 knockdowns in the second round. Still got trashed in that fight and I bet he would beat Rico again, that's why Glory nor Rico acknowledge it.
dont think so, lately rico has been looking good and he has had some good finishes. we didnt see that before from him. i think he would win the rematch against gerasimhcuk, whos coming of a loss and hasnt fought in a lil while

Just about everything you have said in this post is bullshit. rico is far from the most active hw and is not even in the top 5 of fighters with the most glory fights. he doesn't have millions and would be lucky if he has made a million total in his entire career at this point. Try living in the real world if you want to argue instead of your fantasy land because everything you stated is false

Last edited:
Back