Glory 24 Denver [9th Oct] - OFFICIAL THREAD

hopefully we get a -70kg title fight :)

not going to happen on the october card as sittichai already has a fight booked with top king. Actually Sittichai is already booked thru the end of this year with 2 fights in top king and 3 in kunlun. Hopefully glory gets off their ass and approaches his management about the fight soon otherwise it will end up after February or later

This could be an oversight or it could be something. On Glorys site for the Denver show there is no reference of Spike tv. Is Dynamite going to be the last we see of Glory on Spike? When does the current contract actually expire?

Their current deal? Glory 23 was the last one on it from what I know. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can confirm.

I feel like this might be reading too much into it.

On GLORY's site the GLORY 24 section is "locked." They aren't ready for people to view it yet. Look, I know there is a workaround to getting to the page, but they've had hilariously wrong things on those pages before they are to be public so don't get too worked up just yet, I'd say.

I'm pretty sure their current deal is until October, not sure what that means for GLORY 24.

mma fans will be all over this if Schilling wins this after his bellator loss.

That's stupid. Should be Simon Marcus getting a rematch since he should have gotten the decision against Levin.

schilling vs. marcus would make sense. Or throw Verlinden in there.

I just hope Levin comes to fight, not to fuck around again. Complained about Marcus clinching then went out there and clinched the whole fight.

What kind of shitty organization doesn't do an immediate rematch between a championship fight that is ruled a draw?

I can't believe they are doing this! Schilling doesn't train kb for 8 months and gets knocked out cold in a bellator fight and gets rewarded with a title shot!

Simon marcus gets screwed by the judges and now even more by GLORY!

Glory better hope none of the fighters they want to take huge pay cuts are paying attention otherwise glory's decision making all but screams jump from the sinking ship before it takes you under with it

I just hope Levin comes to fight, not to fuck around again. Complained about Marcus clinching then went out there and clinched the whole fight.

I can't remember the last time Levin came to fight.

It's complete bullshit they should give Simon the rematch joe got knocked out badly it takes a long time to recover from a ko like that he's not 20 years old anymore they should give Simon the rematch and then next summer mark Simon fight joe in a grudge match

What kind of shitty organization doesn't do an immediate rematch between a championship fight that is ruled a draw?

I can't believe they are doing this! Schilling doesn't train kb for 8 months and gets knocked out cold in a bellator fight and gets rewarded with a title shot!

Simon marcus gets screwed by the judges and now even more by GLORY!

Glory better hope none of the fighters they want to take huge pay cuts are paying attention otherwise glory's decision making all but screams jump from the sinking ship before it takes you under with it

Immediate rematches aren't great. They hold entire divisions up and if the first one didn't draw, why would the second?

Schilling/Levin III was in the works from the second the final bell rung on their second fight and GLORY has been trying to make it happen ever since. Marcus can take a warmup or two before he gets Levin again.

Immediate rematches aren't great. They hold entire divisions up and if the first one didn't draw, why would the second?
Didn't that card draw fairly well by Glory standards, even with the shitty tournament?

I'd imagine Schilling could pull more in. Just seemed like such injustice with the decision that Marcus should get an immediate rematch.

Didn't that card draw fairly well by Glory standards, even with the shitty tournament?

I'd imagine Schilling could pull more in. Just seemed like such injustice with the decision that Marcus should get an immediate rematch.

I think as long as GLORY exists in 2016 the rematch between Marcus/Levin will definitely happen. Marcus absolutely deserves it. That being said, from a business standpoint GLORY is kinda looking to make a last stand and Schilling is absolutely their guy to do that with.

I can get that, we're not really dealing with a fully functional organization so we get what we get. They need every rating number they can pull on this one.

I know we'd all bitch about it, but they really need to start bringing in some MMA guys.

Schilling/Levin III was in the works from the second the final bell rung on their second fight and GLORY has been trying to make it happen ever since. Marcus can take a warmup or two before he gets Levin again.

It is terrible timing on the rematch as no one is calling for that fight at the moment. They should have already done a rematch between marcus and levin asap right after the draw instead of holding up the division by not having another championship fight for 6 months.

Schilling needs the warm up as he is not going to be near as sharp as the last time he fought with him having spent his time training mma instead of his standup skills. He also was just knocked out which even thou it was mma it is not a great look for glory.

They could have had just as good of ratings having joe in a no1 contender bout as co-main to marcus getting his rematch. They could even bring in the guy who just koed him in bellator to fight under kb rules to show the fans the difference.
Or the much better option would have been have the mw title rematch on dynamite instead of fw( glory's fw champion is realistly not in the true top 5 in the division instead of the best in the world like they have at mw) and be pushing the winner fighting joe for the next event on the telecast if they really wanted joe in a title match.

I dont understand with the biggest platform they get (being the dynamite show) the pick the only 2 divisions were the champion no matter who wins at the end of the night is not truly the best in the world. Every other division they have the champ can rightfully stake a claim as the best in the world but not in the light heavyweight or featherweight divisions in glory

I know we'd all bitch about it, but they really need to start bringing in some MMA guys.

Tim sylvia vs xavier vigney must happen!

Last edited:
JJ just told me that Marcus is injured so he couldn't have fought anyway.

So that puts that to rest.

Boring recycled match. Joe should have to win the contender tournament rather than getting a straight match

Back