Glory 24 Denver [9th Oct] - OFFICIAL THREAD

You should have watched Adegbuyi in a promo on Romanian television. He already thinks he"ll again fight Verhoeven. I can"t believe it! This is such a fucking hard tournament: Brestovac, Wilnis, Edwards. And Benny"s chin was "tested" before.

A HW tournament at elevation doesn't seem too crowd friendly to me after that last Cain performance.

Maybe now glory can finally give us kickboxing at it's finest and get cody mckenzie. I hear he wants to be a kickboxer for 1 night.

Maybe get pat barry an easy win? Have him fight that last guy he knocked out in colorado at the high school gymnasium. Forgot his name, but do know he was just some part time manager at KFC

A HW tournament at elevation doesn't seem too crowd friendly to me after that last Cain performance.

Luckily kickboxing rounds are only three minutes and only three rounds in these non-title fights.

I can say it until Im blue in the face but Glory needs to get a stronghold on Ny, LA, and Chicago. 2 shows per year in each of those spots, mix in 3-4 other cities that can give a big reaction on tv. These smaller cities really make the product come off flat on tv which is just another thing that wont help with ratings.

And before anyone starts talking about rent and all, there are plenty of smaller venues in these cities that can be packed and create a buzz.

Their last heavyweight tournament was in Denver as well and it was fine.

Wow. Jacoby, And if Daniel's is cleared by then he'll probably get another bum making his kickboxing debut.

so glory 24 gonna be a middleweight tournament?

9 minutes is still tough if you're a HW especially with another one trying to smash your face off.

I'm just interested in how much they've factored this into their training and if they've been training there to adjust.

Maybe get pat barry an easy win? Have him fight that last guy he knocked out in colorado at the high school gymnasium. Forgot his name, but do know he was just some part time manager at KFC

if they did it would be one of the few smart pieces of marketing-led matchmaking that glory has ever done

I can say it until Im blue in the face but Glory needs to get a stronghold on Ny, LA, and Chicago. 2 shows per year in each of those spots, mix in 3-4 other cities that can give a big reaction on tv. These smaller cities really make the product come off flat on tv which is just another thing that wont help with ratings.

And before anyone starts talking about rent and all, there are plenty of smaller venues in these cities that can be packed and create a buzz.

NY is way too expensive for glory , state tax, union labor at 4-hr minimum regardless of task, hotel fees etc , way too expensive. I asked jon franklin about it last week

chicago is on the list for a visit soon, LA is expensive but not so much as NYC, but for LA they need to do a better job of the card. Can you believe Raymond Daniels with his huge school in LA has never been on either LA card, yet they flew guys like Jahfar Wilnis and Johann Fauveau in? crazy

if they did it would be one of the few smart pieces of marketing-led matchmaking that glory has ever done

NY is way too expensive for glory , state tax, union labor at 4-hr minimum regardless of task, hotel fees etc , way too expensive. I asked jon franklin about it last week

chicago is on the list for a visit soon, LA is expensive but not so much as NYC, but for LA they need to do a better job of the card. Can you believe Raymond Daniels with his huge school in LA has never been on either LA card, yet they flew guys like Jahfar Wilnis and Johann Fauveau in? crazy

So NY is too expensive to run which I find really strange as you can find tons of independent pro wrestling groups and local kb grouos run there all the time.

If that is in fact the case then they need to run nj just over the bridge or atlantic city or even philadelphia. These locations would pack in a good crowd that would give the average channel flipper the impression that theyre watching something exciting from the buzz of the crowd. Or run okc, denver, etc and keep giving the average viewer the vibe that theyre not watching anything special.

I really think that if Glory kept running the same 3-4 hot markets 2 to 3 times a year that would create so much more of a buzz than just popping up in places where the sport doesnt have as strong of a following.

Joe Rogan is doing a fight companion podcast for Glory tonight. I love them for the UFC so this will be dope.

So NY is too expensive to run which I find really strange as you can find tons of independent pro wrestling groups and local kb grouos run there all the time.

If that is in fact the case then they need to run nj just over the bridge or atlantic city or even philadelphia. These locations would pack in a good crowd that would give the average channel flipper the impression that theyre watching something exciting from the buzz of the crowd. Or run okc, denver, etc and keep giving the average viewer the vibe that theyre not watching anything special.

I really think that if Glory kept running the same 3-4 hot markets 2 to 3 times a year that would create so much more of a buzz than just popping up in places where the sport doesnt have as strong of a following.

Most of those wrestling groups are local to the tri-state area and have legions upon legions of fans. Ring of Honor can easily outdraw GLORY in New York, plus they bring in tons of bigger names for their NY shows and charge a lot more for tickets.

Local kickboxing and muay thai groups are partnered up with someone else to defer costs or are running shows in local gyms to avoid complications.

I agree that running New Jersey would be a good solution, though.

That's really cool that Joe is giving Glory some love. I always listen to his fight companion podcasts the next day since I like to listen to the natural sounds and commentary live. Also, some the US facing sports books released odds on all four fights on the main card (not counting the heavyweight tourney final), as that's a good sign of North American fan interest in general. I put some action on all four underdogs tonight just to make it interesting. If two out of four win that'll be a profitable event. I think Jason Wilnis has the best chance to beat Schilling with Joe coming off that brutal knockout in Bellator. And Ben Edwards has potential KO power against Jahfarr Wilnis. Even the far less technical Dustin Jacoby might be able to pressure the sometimes tentative Wane Barrett even though Wayne is a superior kickboxer. And then I threw the same $50 risk as the others on Mladen Brestovac just on the chance of an upset, even though Adegbuyi is expected to win the tournament.

Dustin Jacoby
TBA
TBA
TBA
etc

Looks like a hell of a card. TBA vs TBA is going to be a really tight betting line.

But what kind of company announces a date without a headliner in place. It is like Glory has been on LSD since they announced their PPV card.

They were killing it and then just went fucking loony.

That's really cool that Joe is giving Glory some love. I always listen to his fight companion podcasts the next day since I like to listen to the natural sounds and commentary live. Also, some the US facing sports books released odds on all four fights on the main card (not counting the heavyweight tourney final), as that's a good sign of North American fan interest in general. I put some action on all four underdogs tonight just to make it interesting. If two out of four win that'll be a profitable event. I think Jason Wilnis has the best chance to beat Schilling with Joe coming off that brutal knockout in Bellator. And Ben Edwards has potential KO power against Jahfarr Wilnis. Even the far less technical Dustin Jacoby might be able to pressure the sometimes tentative Wane Barrett even though Wayne is a superior kickboxer. And then I threw the same $50 risk as the others on Mladen Brestovac just on the chance of an upset, even though Adegbuyi is expected to win the tournament.
Yeah they have for good match making tonight. Everbody has a good chance to win.

Most of those wrestling groups are local to the tri-state area and have legions upon legions of fans. Ring of Honor can easily outdraw GLORY in New York, plus they bring in tons of bigger names for their NY shows and charge a lot more for tickets.

Local kickboxing and muay thai groups are partnered up with someone else to defer costs or are running shows in local gyms to avoid complications.

I agree that running New Jersey would be a good solution, though.

Fake wrestling also doesnt have to pay a bunch of bullshit to everyone around to run a show. If they had to pay the same taxes as real sports they wouldnt be in the state either.

Completely forgot about this. What a nice surprise.

Looks like a hell of a card. TBA vs TBA is going to be a really tight betting line.

But what kind of company announces a date without a headliner in place. It is like Glory has been on LSD since they announced their PPV card.

They were killing it and then just went fucking loony.

Glory didn't announce the card yet. It is known that the event gonna be in Denver. Not sure how TS knows that Jacoby is on the card.

Glory didn't announce the card yet. It is known that the event gonna be in Denver. Not sure how TS knows that Jacoby is on the card.

it is a joke i guess mate,its because Jacoby even being a 3-6 fighter on the organization,he look like have some iluminatti connections who keep him taking fights in glory,like this american MW tournament who they made to give him the opportunity to be smashed against Levin :icon_chee

it is a joke i guess mate,its because Jacoby even being a 3-6 fighter on the organization,he look like have some iluminatti connections who keep him taking fights in glory,like this american MW tournament who they made to give him the opportunity to be smashed against Levin :icon_chee

Artem hasn't finished a single fight in Glory, I honestly doubt he would even be able to finish Jacoby.

So it's on tonight at 11pm EST? Is there any way to watch the prelims, or "super fight series" as they call it? Or is it pay to watch those?

Artem hasn't finished a single fight in Glory, I honestly doubt he would even be able to finish Jacoby.

in a 5 round match he will do it mate,his new outclass style less agressive since he enter in glory still too much for a can like Jacoby

Artem Style is much more technical than the past,like when Petrosyan started his K1 max career in 2009,he stopped to be the knockout artist he was,not just because the level of competition was too much higher,it is because is much more safe outclass to win than try a knockout

So it's on tonight at 11pm EST? Is there any way to watch the prelims, or "super fight series" as they call it? Or is it pay to watch those?

asuming you're from the U.S., the Superfight Series is available for purchase through the link I posted above.

I think Bloodyelbow sometimes posts the SFS stream for free. I have a look as soon as it starts.

Whatever happened to Steve Wakeling? Such a great addition to the MW division, but he seemingly never wants to fight...

If you don't want to pay for the online stream in real time you can also watch the Superfight Series prelims on a slight tape delay in HD on CBS Sports Network at 12:30 am in the U.S. if you get that cable channel. They don't always have the start time spot on exact so add some pre and post time to your DVR to be safe. That's how I always watch it.

Whatever happened to Steve Wakeling? Such a great addition to the MW division, but he seemingly never wants to fight...

From what I understood there were nagging legal issues that kept him from coming to the GLORY show that one time. As for the rest? Who knows.

Perhaps Glory should give Marcus Lemonis a call to come help them.
:icon_chee

will have on in the background as I do other things.

Back