Glory 24 Denver [9th Oct] - OFFICIAL THREAD

a trilogy rubber match is a boring recycled match? god DAMN you are an idiot; worst poster this board has ever had imo :rolleyes:

Schilling needs to do whaT Holzken done and win a contender tournament. He shouldn't be able to just walk in and get a title shot

Different match ups are interesting, they can give this one some time to have a rematch. Both guys should have a few fights in between

On one hand I like to see Marcus getting immediate titleshot, on the other hand I don't want to watch Levin fight.

You're an idiot. Simon and Schilling just told me they don't know who the F you are!!

I don't know how to put a photo on sherdog I live in Toronto I used to train with Simon he's not some sort of celebrity anyone with experience can go and spar with him I called him and he said it's not looking good for glory next year and then joe schilling posted on his ig that he's getting a rematch with levin and I sent him a dm saying Simon deserves the rematch and he ranted a whole like 3 paragraphs and in the paragraph he said glory won't be around next year someone show me how I can put a screen shot on here

Maybe now glory can finally give us kickboxing at it's finest and get cody mckenzie. I hear he wants to be a kickboxer for 1 night.

Maybe get pat barry an easy win? Have him fight that last guy he knocked out in colorado at the high school gymnasium. Forgot his name, but do know he was just some part time manager at KFC

I was at Glory 16: Denver when Zack Mwekassa smashed Barry, it was entertaining. Especially since Glory was hyping the fuck out of Barry.

Remember when GLORY had cards like this......

GLORY 11 Chicago - Fight Card:

Main Card (Spike TV or PPV):

Heavyweight Tournament Finals:
Rico Verhoeven def. Daniel Ghita via Decision - Unanimous

Light Heavyweight Grudge Bout:
Tyrone Spong def. Nathan Corbett via TKO (Left Hook) Round 2 (1:10)

Welterweight Feature Bout:
Joseph Valtellini def. Karim Ghajji via TKO (Referee Stoppage) Round 3 (2:53)

Heavyweight Tournament Reserve Bout:
Errol Zimmerman def. Hesdy Gerges via TKO (3 Total Knockdowns) Round 3 (0:38)

Heavyweight Tournament Bout #2:
Daniel Ghita def. Anderson Silva via TKO (Right Hook) Round 1 (1:56)

Heavyweight Tournament Bout #1:
Rico Verhoeven def. Gokhan Saki via Decision - Majority (29-27, 29-28, 28-28)

GLORY Superfight Series:

Sergei Kharitonov def. Daniel Sam via Decision - Unanimous

Danyo Ilunga def. Michael Duut via TKO (Referee Stoppage) Round 1

Raymond Daniels def. Brian Foster via TKO (Strikes) Round 1

Saulo Cavalari def. Filip Verlinden via Decision - Unanimous

Steve Moxon def. Reece McAllister via KO (Punch) Round 3

Gabriel Varga def. Jose Palacios via Decision - Unanimous

Remember when GLORY had cards like this......

Well-known names for European standards don't always give Glory good ratings on Spike in the US. Glory 11 Chicago scored really bad 381k

Hard to tell if they have to reasign the big names. If they continue to focus on America I think they need to build up big names.

Glory-23.png

I don't know how to put a photo on sherdog I live in Toronto I used to train with Simon he's not some sort of celebrity anyone with experience can go and spar with him I called him and he said it's not looking good for glory next year and then joe schilling posted on his ig that he's getting a rematch with levin and I sent him a dm saying Simon deserves the rematch and he ranted a whole like 3 paragraphs and in the paragraph he said glory won't be around next year someone show me how I can put a screen shot on here

I GUARANTEE that neither Simon or Joe would know what Glory's prospects are for 2016. Ask any fighter from any organization and they would tell you they are always the LAST to know. Besides, Joe should be concentrating on getting back on the winning side of things and in my opinion stick with one discipline. Trying to do it all sometimes leads to losing it all.

Pull it up on your computer, press the "prntscr" button. Open microsoft paint, use the paste option and it will be your screen. Save the image, then upload the file to an image hosting website like tinypic or imgur. There should be a code that says "forums and message boards." Copy and paste that in this thread, or if you cant get it to work just post the URL.

Well-known names for European standards don't always give Glory good ratings on Spike in the US. Glory 11 Chicago scored really bad 381k

Hard to tell if they have to reasign the big names. If they continue to focus on America I think they need to build up big names.

Yeah let's measure the quality of a card by the amount of viewers in the US :)

That's like asking a grafitti artists opinion on the Mona Lisa.

Yeah let's measure the quality of a card by the amount of viewers in the US :)

That's like asking a grafitti artists opinion on the Mona Lisa.

Glory's business-model:
You need good US ratings to pay the bills and big names (eventually)

Glory's current business-model -blind focussing on the US- is not to way I would run an international established promotion. I understand that they want to survive but this is not the way to do it.

Last edited:
Glory's business-model:
You need good US ratings to pay the bills and big names (eventually)

Glory's current business-model -blind focussing on the US- is not to way I would run an international established promotion. I understand that they want to survive but this is not the way to do it.

And bleed even more money by not focusing on America? As JJ said American tv deals are where the real money is at, I'm guessing they are still losing money but if they switched to Europe they would bleed even more money. Anybody know how much Eurosport or whatever channel Superkombat is with pays Superkombat?

Eurosport means more exposure than money. Superkombat gets the most from Pro TV and regional televisions (in 2016 there will be more since they enter the American market; maybe PPV?). You cannot make money anymore in Europe, just if you produce K-1 shows.

Eurosport means more exposure than money. Superkombat gets the most from Pro TV and regional televisions (in 2016 there will be more since they enter the American market; maybe PPV?). You cannot make money anymore in Europe, just if you produce K-1 shows.
And you can't make money in the U.S. Market just because you're in it. SK would not sell a PPV, and without a big TV deal they wouldn't go anywhere in the States.

Glory is barely getting by with a decent network.

And bleed even more money by not focusing on America? As JJ said American tv deals are where the real money is at, I'm guessing they are still losing money but if they switched to Europe they would bleed even more money. Anybody know how much Eurosport or whatever channel Superkombat is with pays Superkombat?

You don't even get the point my friend. What's this TV deal nonsense you're talking about? Glory can have multiple deals with different broadcast networks. That's not the issue. He's probably hinting at Glory pushing mediocre american fighters, and hosting events at small obscure venues in the US. Take away the top European fighters and there will be nothing left, Glory would be a below mediocre regional/national promotion. Glory is spitting you in the face as a kickboxing fan, they think you're dumb and that you can't tell the difference between a star and a can. Glory thinks the American public is interested in shitty fights, just as long as it's two Muricans fighting eachother. They are saying, you are a simpleton and you don't know sh*t about the sport, so we'll just feed you garbage wrapped in giftpaper. Yes brother, they are spitting you in the face!

You don't even get the point my friend. What's this TV deal nonsense you're talking about? Glory can have multiple deals with different broadcast networks. That's not the issue. He's probably hinting at Glory pushing mediocre american fighters, and hosting events at small obscure venues in the US. Take away the top European fighters and there will be nothing left, Glory would be a below mediocre regional/national promotion. Glory is spitting you in the face as a kickboxing fan, they think you're dumb and that you can't tell the difference between a star and a can. Glory thinks the American public is interested in shitty fights, just as long as it's two Muricans fighting eachother. They are saying, you are a simpleton and you don't know sh*t about the sport, so we'll just feed you garbage wrapped in giftpaper. Yes brother, they are spitting you in the face!

That was what I was getting at. Do they really think fans want to see fights featuring guys with sub .500 records in a "contenders" tournament with two good/great fighters in the main event as opposed to guys like Spong, Valtellini, Zimmerman ,Ghita, Verhoeven, Saki, Kharitonov, Ilunga, Cavalari, Verlinden, Moxon and Varga on one fight card?

you sound like a crazy person ranting like this, wtf

the american presence is pushed by Spike TV, not so much Glory itself

you cannot call people simpletons when you demonstrate such poor knowledge yourself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back