Give your respect to Heath Herring

Some of his biggest achievements were being the first guy to beat Erikson and the first guy to finish Kerr. Both of those wins get undervalued IMHO because Kerr and Erikson didn't fight again for years and weren't nearly as good when they returned.

The killer really was when his cardio and agility went after those knee injuries. You look at the Brock fight and when they get back to their feet its Heath who is gassed after the 1st(just as he was vs Nog) where as back in the day he'd have been the one ready to go.

He was also robbed badly vs Vitor, his win over Igor is big too. He also beat Yuriy Kochkine, who had 2 wins over young A. Overeem.

He was a top 10 wrestler in Texas, so I don't think his TDD could have been bad, but he was just so wild. And wild fighters get taken down easier.

His kicks were crazy. Those kicks he battered Erikson with were insane. His win over Erikson was really awesome. He just went after him and Erikson couldn't take it.

Heath's stamina and toughness in his prime were elite as you pointed out many times.

No problems here giving respect to the Texas Crazy Horse.
Dude was a warrior. His best fights were in PRIDE imo.
He never really beat anyone of real note tho if I recall correctly, but he always brought it, man.

Best hair award for life.
Also WAR his performance in Circle of Pain.

I rarely see him mentioned here.

The guy was in some of the craziest fights ever.

He was very wellrounded, tough as hell and came to fight.

[YT]watch?v=v2SK7iiHELM[/YT]

I also think that he had some of the best and most powerful kicks in MMA history.
tumblr_mejdeuXKaY1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

K1 Brawk on display.
nycemohawk.jpg

Brawk Rekt him!

No problems here giving respect to the Texas Crazy Horse.
Dude was a warrior. His best fights were in PRIDE imo.
He never really beat anyone of real note tho if I recall correctly, but he always brought it, man.

Best hair award for life.
Also WAR his performance in Circle of Pain.

He beat peak Erikson, was rape robbed vs Vitor (horrible robbery, a crime), beat Kerr and Igor.

He also beat Enson (who had a win over Couture), Kochkine (who had 2 wins over young A. Overeem), McGee (who just fought for the UFC HW title), Yokoi (10-1 at the time, with the only loss to Minotauro), He injured his knee vs Greco and was never the same, but still beat Goodridge when he was on his 11-2 winning streak (with losses only to Minotauro and Fedor and recent wins over Bobbish and Frye).

He also beat Kongo in the UFC.

Why do bitches come into respect thread to post bitchmade hate gifs? Heath musta hurted their butts somehow?

I always liked Herring in Pride. The Fedor fight is just action packed. Those two MFing Heavyweights miving like welterweights in there.

Heath is one of my favorite fighters. He was never the best but he always brought it, was very athletic at his size and had a fun personality. Punching 'The Kiss' is funny in retrospect and framed by the time it was in although I'd consider it a gross over reaction nowadays.

I'm glad he's not dead, though. I kinda thought he was from the title.

Why do bitches come into respect thread to post bitchmade hate gifs? Heath musta hurted their butts somehow?

It's just petty people wanting to rain on the parade for attention or Brock sword swallowers.

Have you read TS' other threads? He spends most of his time demanding that we respect Fedor and any other fighter he likes. He's got a screw or three loose.

Have you read TS' other threads? He spends most of his time demanding that we respect Fedor and any other fighter he likes. He's got a screw or three loose.

...and? Nothing disrespectful about a respect thread, except people who clog it with shit.

I don't love Kiki's whole ... thing, either.

Nothing wrong with a Heath Herring respect thread, though.

Heath was a huge asset to the MMA scene back in the day.

Brock destroyed him, sure, but that doesn't take away how much he contributed to my enjoyment of MMA. He was in so many cool fights.

Both things can be true at once. Heath was awesome and Brock kicked his ass. No paradox neccessary. You Brock sword swallowers on here are total douchebags, though.

Yep, who puts pics of themselves on Sherdog in their underwear anyways?

...and? Nothing disrespectful about a respect thread, except people who clog it with shit.

Well picture some crazy old man on the street corner, screaming all day about how us stupid idiots need to show our appreciation for the Roman empire and everything that it did for us. He does this for months on end and won't budge on his stance no matter what.

Then one day he starts howling about how Congress needs to accept the Iran deal because it's the first step on a long road to a more secure region. Yeah, he's not exactly wrong but you just need to consider the source a moment. Then you find out after talking with him a bit that he's only so adamant about it because the Roman empire struck exactly that kind of deal once and it led to peace.

My point is people coming in to rustle you about Herring might just be doing it to poke the crazy old man with a stick you've taken the side of.

Back