Give your respect to Heath Herring

He kissed me on the lips like a homosexual! I'm not gay! *shrugs*

What's makes it even move entertaining was that the Korean commentators were quoting him saying, "I'm not gay" in Korean. Haha

I had him beating Lesnar 30-26. Not sure what fight the judges were watching.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

oh you're serious?

:icon_conf:icon_conf

Always exciting to watch.
He was one of my favourites when I was first getting into Mma.

Respect.

always loved the Herring! crazy haircuts and always came to fight!

was funny when no-one had really heard of Fedor, but that fight was brutal for Heath - definitely took a toll.

will never forget Rampage calling one of his fights where his arse-cheeks nearly pop out of his shorts - "Damn, Heath needs some bigger drawers!"

He was a naturally gifted, athletic fighter who really never improved. He hit his ceiling against the truly elite HWs of his era.

Heath wasn't that good without his knees to a down opponent or fighting smaller fighters

always loved the Herring! crazy haircuts and always came to fight!

was funny when no-one had really heard of Fedor, but that fight was brutal for Heath - definitely took a toll.

will never forget Rampage calling one of his fights where his arse-cheeks nearly pop out of his shorts - "Damn, Heath needs some bigger drawers!"

I was very surprised by Heath's toughness in the Fedor fight. Granted, I would consider his escape out of the ring as a defeat, but he survived the round and even took the last minute of it.

Yeah. LOL Rampage, kept talking about Herring's balls, ass and hairy legs lol:D

He was a naturally gifted, athletic fighter who really never improved. He hit his ceiling against the truly elite HWs of his era.

this. He could do allright with scrambles and escapes,but offensivley he couldnt hang with Nog,Mirko or Fedor,but kudos to him for fighting them all.

He's fought a lot of the same people over and over again

Such as the 3-14 Blake Breitsprecher, The 1-5 Steve Shewry, The 7-30 Chris Clark, 4 wins over the 1-15 Mike Kofoot and 6 wins over Bryan Robinson

He has several opponents who only fought the 1 time, like the 0-1 Robert casey.

So yeah, most of his fights in Iowa are him and his friends win trading

different peopleat different times equals a different fighter each time in a single instance of there career.

250wins, 250 fighters... 1 of them is heath herring.

And sorry, but that tattoo Brock has is awful and you know it...

All I know is you love the c**k. It's okay, people are more accepting of that thing these days.

But yeah it's a shit tattoo, but I tend to be blind to them anyway. I just see an abstract pattern.

Those people are idiots. Who probably labeled Brock as the HW GOAT until he lost to Cain.

Yeah. It was funny when Fedor was "This guy":D

I think Lesnar polarised a lot of people, either giving him too much credit or too little.

I tried to be realistic, and didn't quite believe his coach when he claimed Lesnar would be HW champion - but the coach was right. Not even Cain managed more title defences - the record is still at 2 consecutive title defences.

To answer the questions, after the Brock fight Heath left fighting to break into the movie business. He might even still be doing that. He also helped start up a small promotion in South America somewhere. Seriously.

In terms of him as a fighter, he was my favourite guy back in the day. The guy was pure entertainment. Sloppy entertainment with no trace of TDD, but entertainment nonetheless. His strengths lay in his power, his kicks, and insane sub defense and scrambling ability. Solid cardio, too, especially when he was younger. His weaknesses were wrestlers or just people who went for the double leg on him. His TDD was just so terrible.

By the time he got to the UFC he was pretty banged up after all the wars in Japan. The Jake O'Brien fight he fought hurt and stunk the joint up pretty bad but he bounced back and beat Brad Imes (WHOOPY) and came as close as you can get to KOing a fighter without getting the W against Nog. He also outgrappled Kongo just before Cheick hit his prime. The Lesnar fight was just terrible and it was obvious from the start he was in over his head.

All in all, Heath had an excellent career and should be remembered as being elite for his time. Some of those hairstyles, though...

He spends most of his time playing high stakes poker now.

Heath%20Herring_2012%20PCA_10K%20Main%20Event_Day%201B_Joe%20Giron_GIR6061.jpg

I'm just glad to see he found a way to make some decent coin after retirement.

Hespect.

6 pages and no GIF getting mauled by Brock?

Back