Social Gillette gone feminist and fighting toxic masculinity. Good Luck getting the feminists to shave

So yet again the right wing is getting its collective panties in a bunch over something stupid and meaningless like starbucks cups, or the war on Christmas? All while not getting angry about shit that actually matters?

Maybe instead of being offended by an ad literally telling you to raise your kids right...you can just raise your kids right?

Razor commercial - I'm so angry I can't stand it!!!
Black Football players kneeling - I'm going to burn my NFL gear in a blind rage
Trump retweets blatantly xenophobic/racist tweet against Muslims on MLK weekend - nothing
Trump presiding over the longest government shutdown in history over a temper tantrum - nothing

If only republicans were offended by shit that actually matters

So yet again the right wing is getting its collective panties in a bunch over something stupid and meaningless like starbucks cups, or the war on Christmas? All while not getting angry about shit that actually matters?

Maybe instead of being offended by an ad literally telling you to raise your kids right...you can just raise your kids right?

Razor commercial - I'm so angry I can't stand it!!!
Black Football players kneeling - I'm going to burn my NFL gear in a blind rage
Trump retweets blatantly xenophobic/racist tweet against Muslims on MLK weekend - nothing
Trump presiding over the longest government shutdown in history over a temper tantrum - nothing

If only republicans were offended by shit that actually matters

Do you understand the irony in telling people to be upset by Trump tweets instead of this ad?

This silly competition about who is the least upset about every issue is getting out hand isn't it. Can someone define "what actually matters" to me?

Thick irony here.

Posting how bothered you are about others posting how bothered they are.

Wait.

I just did it too.

FFS!
AltruisticUnrulyDeermouse-size_restricted.gif

And was this a serious add? I am enjoying my electric shaver anyway, no more razors for me. I bought a hatteker electric for $30 and the thing is the best electric shaver I have ever bought. Never had much luck with them before this one, but it is perfect for shaving my head and face.

Do you understand the irony in telling people to be upset by Trump tweets instead of this ad?

This silly competition about who is the least upset about every issue is getting out hand isn't it. Can someone define "what actually matters" to me?

Honestly I didn't think something like that needed explanation but once again I've underestimated how stupid the right wing has become...I'll try to talk slowly for you

On the left are things that don't affect your life in any way like starbucks cups, razor commercials, and football players kneeling, and the right get in a absolute rage about them.

On the right you have a president acting like a baby and shutting down the government because he didn't get his way, and continues to do policy decisions that directly benefits Russia and threaten to unravel alliances that have been the backbone of modern society since the end of WW2...aka shit the affects people directly and is possibly going to send us into another recession while also making the world significantly less secure according to all of our generals in the military...and the right wing apparently no longer gives a shit about anything anymore except opposing democrats. If a democrat told you air in good for you, you would try to hold your breath...

Aka stop bitching about razors and other bullshit wedge issues that don't matter and start giving a fuck about your country

Honestly I didn't think something like that needed explanation but once again I've underestimated how stupid the right wing has become...I'll try to talk slowly for you

On the left are things that don't affect your life in any way like starbucks cups, razor commercials, and football players kneeling, and the right get in a absolute rage about them.

On the right you have a president acting like a baby and shutting down the government because he didn't get his way, and continues to do policy decisions that directly benefits Russia and threaten to unravel alliances that have been the backbone of modern society since the end of WW2...aka shit the affects people directly and is possibly going to send us into another recession while also making the world significantly less secure according to all of our generals in the military...and the right wing apparently no longer gives a shit about anything anymore except opposing democrats. If a democrat told you air in good for you, you would try to hold your breath...

Aka stop bitching about razors and other bullshit wedge issues that don't matter and start giving a fuck about your country

See, this is the problem. I never said you shouldn't be upset by whatever Trump tweets on the toilet in the morning. That's fine by me honestly and probably warranted. But don't come in here all high and mighty and draw some imaginary line between whats an "issue" and not an "issue". Don't you see how incredibly narrow-minded that is. You extrapolated that long rant on the US going under from a Trump tweet basically, that's the irony and perfectly proves my point. You see, that tweet represents something else, like the Trump presidency and all issues that comes along with it. That's the point.

The same thing applies here with the commercial. You attack the medium itself, "Oh your're upset by a commercial haha so DUMB ha ha", when the same thing could be applied to you crying about a tweet as proof of the world going under. This commercial represents larger issues, like has been discussed throughout the thread, for example how masculinity is portrayed in media or how corporations are inserting themselves into politics to score brownie points. Do you comprehend this very simple point? You can say that's not important to me, and that's fine, but this dumbass take of "haha commercial triggered" just exposes the hack in you. The fact that you already pegged me as a right-winger just shows how you have been taught to comprehend the world. Pathetic.

I do wonder if one is a direct result of the other though...

This is threadpost #1221 with over 25,000 views in an MMA forum. The ad worked like gangbusters for them.

This is threadpost #1221 with over 25,000 views in an MMA forum. The ad worked like gangbusters for them.

How many folks do you think have bought new razors?

Dad and his children pose for family photo carrying guns: 'Hey Gillette, does this offend you?'

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dad...rying-guns-hey-gillette-offend-200917178.html

The right has its own snowflakes, getting bothered by adverts.

Man . . . surely you and @ultramanhyata aren't that soft see something wrong with the picture?

And is it possible to have a discussion in here or anywhere without folks using snowflake, triggered, incel or whatever stupid made up buzz word?

I ended up in this mega thread because a much shorter thread that was started today got merged into it. I didn't read any of the earlier posts. I apologize for not being aware of your earlier contributions and the more nuanced case against the ad that you had been making, Spamking.

<LikeReally5>

Man . . . surely you and @ultramanhyata aren't that soft see something wrong with the picture?

And is it possible to have a discussion in here or anywhere without folks using snowflake, triggered, incel or whatever stupid made up buzz word?
The reason I said "snowflake" is precisely because the rightwing uses it often . The point was to say that they have their own snowflakes even while they keep throwing that term at liberals.

The reason I said "snowflake" is precisely because the rightwing uses it often . The point was to say that they have their own snowflakes even while they keep throwing that term at liberals.

My comment is directed anyone who chooses to use those terms . . . your post just happened to get quoted to reinforce the thought.

Snowflake is a right wing meme. It makes no sense to steal it and reuse it. Think of your own memes. The left steals all the rights memes because they have none of their own.

Snowflake is a right wing meme. It makes no sense to steal it and reuse it. Think of your own memes. The left steals all the rights memes because they have none of their own.
Yes! The right doesn't have see spaces or trigger warnings!

Back