Social Gillette gone feminist and fighting toxic masculinity. Good Luck getting the feminists to shave

What about non-white male fragility?
The lack of awareness in this post is astounding.
Or are you going to seriously ignore how easily offended non-whites are over the merest slight?

Sure, all male fragility is pretty weak IMO.

A commercial makes some valid points about how men could help make some positive change in our society and a big chunk of them have meltdowns and make up absurd ideas about what the commercial is saying.

Men have been running the show forever and telling women how to live their lives the entire time but ...

O M G did they just offer constructive criticism?!?!?! Reeeeeee!!!!! They hate men! Men are under attack!

Jeeeezuz.. Talk about glass cannons.

Sure, all male fragility is pretty weak IMO.

A commercial makes some valid points about how men could help make some positive change in our society and a big chunk of them have meltdowns and make up absurd ideas about what the commercial is saying.

Men have been running the show forever and telling women how to live their lives the entire time but ...

O M G did they just offer constructive criticism?!?!?! Reeeeeee!!!!! They hate men! Men are under attack!

Jeeeezuz.. Talk about glass cannons.
Fair enough.

My bad. I figured you clicked on my profile where it says posts per day. Didn't realize you were so computer illiterate that you used a calculator.

Imagine calling someone else computer illiterate when you're too stupid to realize that PPD hasn't been a readily available stat since the Xenforo move.

{<jordan}

I'm not responsible for how you feel . . . however, is that the same as implying if you are offended then the ad is directed at "you"?

Well, you dodged my question but I will honestly answer yours.

I think any male offended by that particular ad is either, himself, a legit shitty dude or he is a decent dude who is a victim of groupthink following immersion in alt right propaganda.

In other words, he's offended because he thinks he is supposed to be as he perceives himself engaged in a culture war and he has been told that Gillette is in the enemy camp.

Well, you dodged my question but I will honestly answer yours.

Didn't dodge it at all . . . I've posted several times on this issue and NOT once stated that I felt that men who disagreed with how I viewed it were wrong. Unlike the crap you're spewing down below about those of us who aren't necessarily fans of the ad.

I think any male offended by that particular ad is either, himself, a legit shitty dude or he is a decent dude who is a victim of groupthink following immersion in alt right propaganda.

In other words, he's offended because he thinks he is supposed to be as he perceives himself engaged in a culture war and he has been told that Gillette is in the enemy camp.

Wrong on so many levels . . . I've stated clearly . . . . a simple rewording of the ad is all they need to do to win me over.

While I don't think there is something wrong with you for not seeing the way I do, I'm wondering how you're not able to understand how the ad can be received like thousands of men (very likely good men, fathers, brothers, husbands, etc.) like many on here are receiving it.

I'm not offended by it so much as put out with how they squandered their opportunity to do good but instead chose to push some social issue that is apparently to blame for all of our societal problems.

Didn't dodge it at all . . . I've posted several times on this issue and NOT once stated that I felt that men who disagreed with how I viewed it were wrong.

I ended up in this mega thread because a much shorter thread that was started today got merged into it. I didn't read any of the earlier posts. I apologize for not being aware of your earlier contributions and the more nuanced case against the ad that you had been making, Spamking.

The other day I saw a male dog watching his two puppies fight with each other. One of the puppies started crying so I yelled at the father dog " hey you misogynistic pig, break that fight up!!" Our puppies deserve better than this!!

We all know people who are assholes. Not just men.

Oh boy . . . here's another tired line with this discussion . . .

"if you're bothered by the ad then you're part of the problem"

or

"if you're upset about the ad then it's aimed at you"

or

Yet more crap about how being put out with the ad meaning we're okay with bullying or sexual harassment . . .

Just stop it.

In the first 6 seconds. "Masculinity, Is this the best a man can get?"-Gillette

Masculinity is needed. Masculinity is not the problem. Immorality is the problem.

Discuss

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit

Our country needs to get back to this. 30 years ago, this is how we made commercials toward men and masculinity.

It’s a good video, I agree with the intent of it...doesn’t mean I agree with every sentence and word used....the message is one that a true Christian can get behind

I have issues with a corporation like proctor and gamble preaching to me about anything, when they're guilty of practices like exploitation of 3rd world labour, and testing products on animals.

The actual stuff they're preaching about doesn't really trigger me. I kinda feel like a bystander in the conversation as I have a beard like an alpha Lion, and look down on face scrapers with pity.

6bze563wenr11.jpg

I have issues with a corporation like proctor and gamble preaching to me about anything, when they're guilty of practices like exploitation of 3rd world labour, and testing products on animals.

The actual stuff they're preaching about doesn't really trigger me. I kinda feel like a bystander in the conversation as I have a beard like an alpha Lion, and look down on face scrapers with pity.

6bze563wenr11.jpg
That preacher just admitted he is a closet homosexual . I have never heard any guy even remotely express any sort of interest in other men purely because the men were clean shaven.

Huh. So I guess Gillette isn’t a good product for sensitive skins after all.

Back