Social Gillette gone feminist and fighting toxic masculinity. Good Luck getting the feminists to shave

He literally saw a girl, and turned to go after her. That's it. How was he being a creep?
Following a stranger is a little creepy dude, and in the context of the ad, it's implied.

Following a stranger is a little creepy dude, and in the context of the ad, it's implied.

No, in the context of your Liberal brain, it's implied. The guy didn't do anything, but turn to go after her. YOU are making the connection that he was about to do something bad. Gillette just know the type of Liberal idiots who they are targeting with the ad, who will think the guy was automatically going to do something wrong.

What else is creepy? Approaching a "strange" girl you find attractive at a bar?

Good God.

No, in the context of your Liberal brain, it's implied. The guy didn't do anything, but turn to go after her. YOU are making the connection that he was about to do something bad. Gillette just know the type of Liberal idiots who they are targeting with the ad, who will think the guy was automatically going to do something wrong.

What else is creepy? Approaching a "strange" girl you find attractive at a bar?

Good God.
I'm not saying it's a good ad. It's not.

It's about as subtle as a brick to the face. My point is that the outrage is ridiculous and irrational.

I'm not saying it's a good ad. It's not.

It's about as subtle as a brick to the face. My point is that the outrage is ridiculous and irrational.

That's all well and good, but if you think it's a shit ad, why are so desperately trying to defend one of the shittiest moments in the shitty ad? Is it just some automatic reaction?

"Must disagree with conservative. Guy in ad was being a creep. Can't explain why. Just is, because conservative says opposite."

LOL.

That's all well and good, but if you think it's a shit ad, why are so desperately trying to defend one of the shittiest moments in the shitty ad? Is it just some automatic reaction?

"Must disagree with conservative. Guy in ad was being a creep. Can't explain why. Just is, because conservative says opposite."

LOL.
I'm not defending the ad itself, I'm agreeing with the message of the ad, as I saw it.

They aren't going to actually depict a dude harassing a girl on the street because they don't have time. Street harassment was represented, poorly, by that 1 second clip.

They also had bullies literally chasing a kid through an old Gillette ad, and a bunch of barbequers chanting "Boys will be boys".

Not sure why you are taking the street harassment part so literally, or a silly ad so personally.

It's funny to me when people get worked up about companies advertising to certain demographics, isn't that what they are supposed to do?
It seems the people with the "it's just business mentality" can't seem to wrap their head around this.

LOL.

<Loading Opinion.EXE>
<Liberal input> <EndCog> <UploadEmotion>
<Defend Left Defend Left Defend Left.EXE>
<Battery at 80%, load new opinion.EXE>
Load (Isset(_Post[CREEP]}

<Loading Opinion.EXE>
<Liberal input> <EndCog> <UploadEmotion>
<Defend Left Defend Left Defend Left.EXE>
<Battery at 80%, load new opinion.EXE>
Load (Isset(_Post[CREEP]}
Exactly

They aren't going to actually depict a dude harassing a girl on the street because they don't have time.

LOL, wut? Yes they do. How much time do you need to show a guy harass a girl on the street? You could show the guy catching up to her, and grabbing at her ass, or sticking his tongue out. Even a quick, "hey babe!" would do the trick. It would take five seconds.

But no. See what the ad does, and why people are are annoyed with it, is that presumes EVERY guy who merely turns to go after a chick they find attractive, to be a creep.

Not sure why you are taking the street harassment part so literally, or a silly ad so personally.

Who is taking anything personally? I'm more amused at you Liberals who supposedly agree that the ad is shit, finding the need to argue with people who also think the ad is shit. If you agree that it's shit, why are you taking issue with anyone else who thinks it shit?

What i think, is that you know it's lame and terrible, but there's this programming within you to defend it in some kind of way, because you see conservatives calling out it's bullshit. You'd rather take the side of the lame ad, then agree with conservatives. You see this shit all the time with indefensible Liberal garbage, like the 11 year drag queen. You know it's wrong, and you can't defend it, so your last line of defense is "uhhh, why are you conservatives so obsessed with this? Oh' my God, get a life."

It's fucking pathetic.

LOL, wut? Yes they do. How much time do you need to show a guy harass a girl on the street? You could show the guy catching up to her, and grabbing at her ass, or sticking his tongue out. Even a quick, "hey babe!" would do the trick. It would take five seconds.

But no. See what the ad does, and why people are are annoyed with it, is that presumes EVERY guy who merely turns to go after a chick they find attractive, to be a creep.

Who is taking anything personally? I'm more amused at you Liberals who supposedly agree that the ad is shit, finding the need to argue with people who also think the ad is shit. If you agree that it's shit, why are you taking issue with anyone else who thinks it shit?

What i think, is that you know it's lame and terrible, but there's this programming within you to defend it in some kind of way, because you see conservatives calling out it's bullshit. You'd rather take the side of the lame ad, then agree with conservatives. You see this shit all the time with indefensible Liberal garbage, like the 11 year drag queen. You know it's wrong, and you can't defend it, so your last line of defense is "uhhh, why are you conservatives so obsessed with this? Oh' my God, get a life."

It's fucking pathetic.
Whatever dude. You are making a whole bunch of assumptions and leaps of logic. The fact remains you are offended by advertising. Now THAT'S pathetic.

And there it is. The last line of the defeated Liberal:

"Like, I don't even like, care, or anything, like, okay."

LOL. So fucking typical.
I am neither defeated, nor a "Liberal". You really need to get out more.

joffrey-baratheon-hbo-XzD71I16QPnuU

Usually when people use the word "some" they mean less than half. Gillette is basically stating that most men behave unacceptably. It comes across quite accusatory towards men. Lecturing men and blaming them for all the world's problems is pretty popular right now. I think it has something to do with the type of people attracted to the media, whether it be journalism, entertainment, advertising, or anything where you talk about shit instead of actually doing/making something. They all feed off each other and reinforce their distorted view of the world.

If you saw this post on an electronic device, thank an engineer.

Usually when people use the word "some" they mean less than half. Gillette is basically stating that most men behave unacceptably. It comes across quite accusatory towards men. Lecturing men and blaming them for all the world's problems is pretty popular right now. I think it has something to do with the type of people attracted to the media, whether it be journalism, entertainment, advertising, or anything where you talk about shit instead of actually doing/making something. They all feed off each other and reinforce their distorted view of the world.

If you saw this post on an electronic device, thank an engineer.
I imagine the feminist anti men social justice is taught heavily on college campuses today.

I agree that they should have avoided the term. Most politicized terms carry too much baggage and should be avoided. People have trouble defining them, and groups cannot all agree on a common definition. Toxic masculinity is a term that I can make perfect sense of, but it is used in ways that I would disagree with. The same goes for the term white privilege. I don't have any trouble at all understanding the concept, and I find certain aspects of it to be completely obvious. But I hear it used in ways that are ignorant and nonsensical a lot of the time.

If you haven't noticed, one of the (many) things that I am frustrated by in regards to our current political climate is the dependance that people have on catchphrases, buzz words, and slogans. I think those things should be avoided at all costs during discussion. They dumb down the conversation and they muddy the waters.
Nothing turns my stomach more than being on the same side of an issue as Rip.

That said "toxic masculinity' is an agenda pushed term just as attaching 'toxic' to "islam' would be.

WIthout a doubt I believe there are some toxic elements within Islam. BUt if I lead of Commercials, or news segments or other with 'Toxic Islam' and said 'what... are you disagreeing there are toxic elements, then most would understand the issue.

Geezus, first you guys make me agree with Rip and now @HereticBD

Sorry but being able to approach a woman on the street and in any circumstance is an art and if you do it well you will get far better results than trying to pick up in a bar. I have no issue and have had tremendous success doing that.

You don't have to do it. You don't have to like it. But its not creepy if you do it well and the girl likes it. that goes for anyway you approach a girl.

There is an agenda based push to define any attention directed at a woman by a man that is not desired as abuse by default.

This ad was focused specifically on that and quite on purpose. The girl had not given the man permission to approach and therefore it was bad by default.

That is an asinine position as women also do expect men to approach, but don't want to be bothered by any that they are not interested in.

I wonder what the overlap is between people saying that this ad isn't talking about all men, and people who were trying to convince everyone that Trump was talking about all Mexicans/all immigrants.

Back