News Gilbert Burns vs Jack Della Maddalena set for UFC 299, Mar. 9

Who do you think will win?

• Total voters
I feel like Gil can get a higher ranked fight than this
I was just thinking Gilbert is the only good fight for Brady next. Not sure who he can fight now unless Usman gets interested in WW again or he sits out for a winner.

I was just thinking Gilbert is the only good fight for Brady next. Not sure who he can fight now unless Usman gets interested in WW again or he sits out for a winner.
Brady vs Neal? I was hoping for JDM/Neal & Burns/Brady as well

Gilbert is old and coming off a pretty big injury. I won't be surprised if his takedowns aren't as good as they used to he and jdm catches him on the feet
Your probably right. Will have to see

Brady vs Neal? I was hoping for JDM/Neal & Burns/Brady as well
He could fight Neal, but it's not a good fight for him.
Neal's ranked lower, 0-1, 2-3, with a known wrestling weakness and a punchers chance.

Intriguing fight. I feel like Burns will follow the same game plan for the Wonderboy fight but he's always been susceptible to that pesky jab, and JDM is more than capable of hurting him.

I just hope it's exciting. Both guys had lackluster fights before this.

Geoff Neal is the other option if he's right to go

No. Will be a banger, but this is low reward/high risk for sure.

this is a pretty unexpected jump up in comp and style matchup almost feels like a punishment. JDM is pretty susceptible to the takedown and burns isn’t afraid to wrestle if it will benefit him. Thought JDM might get Neal or Neil for his next one

Man I feel like Mandelinas performance in his last fight against a way larger grappler then Gilbert showed that Jack may be able to just manhandle an outsized Gilbert.
Gil has cardio to go all 5 though

Precisely why JDM probably jumped at this one, might be a good time to fight Burns (if there ever would be one I guess)
Exactly, it lets him potentially take down a big name fighter who is on the decline. It also gives him a chance to show if his ground game has improved at all.

I do hope Burns mauls him on the ground. Jack and Paddy are two limited skill fighters that have gotten lucky.

Back