News Jack Della Maddalena broke his arm vs Gilbert Burns, may need surgery

I'm on the fence wether winning with a broken arm really is a positive thing.
Because something happened in that fight that broke his arm. Which is obviously not a good thing. And on top of that he was losing that fight rather clearly.
He just got up once more and landed that knee beautifully which resulted in a one shot ko really. It's not like he toughened through Gilbert and won a dog fight decision.

Not hating on the guy by any means. Good for him that he had the pain tolerance to push through and beautiful finishing sequence. Seriously questioning Arielle's take though.
Does it really make the win more impressive? It's literally the same win, but with the additional information that the winning fighter got injured significantly through the bout...
How is that better than winning like that without getting significantly injured?!

Because something happened in that fight that broke his arm. Which is obviously not a good thing. And on top of that he was losing that fight rather clearly.
He just got up once more and landed that knee beautifully which resulted in a one shot ko really. It's not like he toughened through Gilbert and won a dog fight decision.

Not hating on the guy by any means. Good for him that he had the pain tolerance to push through and beautiful finishing sequence. Seriously questioning Arielle's take though.
Does it really make the win more impressive? It's literally the same win, but with the additional information that the winning fighter got injured significantly through the bout...
How is that better than winning like that without getting significantly injured?!
<LikeReally5>

Big deal football players break their foot and still keep playing the whole game and shooting on a ball for 90min. This is easy, what they do is hard.

woa, thats some high pain threshold out there

Because all he did was block a kick and it's a lottery whether it breaks or not

Umm the dude broke his arm early in the fight and yet still managed to deal with a top 5 guy in Burns not only striking but grappling as well, even finished the fight and put the guy who didn't have a broken arm away.

It's very fucking impressive, are you stupid or what?

Shavat keeps that chin in air JDM will put him out.

what makes this insane is usually when someone breaks something you kind of see some signs that they have hurt something, at no point in this fight die i think he hurt his arm

Umm the dude broke his arm early in the fight and yet still managed to deal with a top 5 guy in Burns not only striking but grappling as well, even finished the fight and put the guy who didn't have a broken arm away.

It's very fucking impressive, are you stupid or what?
Or what.

The turnaround was impressive by all means, but him suffering a broken arm doesn't make it any more impressive.

If a fighter gets his nose broken early and wins a fight that he was losing on points with a late stoppage would you really say that's more impressive than if that fighter did the same thing without getting his nose broken?

I consider the toughness of a fighter a given attribute that doesn't fluctuate significantly from fight to fight. Jack has the toughness to fight with a broken arm. That may be news to you now, but in reality he carried that ability even before his arm got broken. From that standpoint getting his arm broken has no benefit. You may consider it valuable information as you now know that he's a tough sob but as valuable as being tough is in MMA, not having to be tough is infinitely more valuable.

You may find his toughness more impressive than you found it before, but what Ariel said was that it makes his win more impressive. Not his toughness.
And I don't see how a win is more impressive if it results in a horrible injury compared to if it didn't. That is by definition worse.

The turnaround was impressive by all means, but him suffering a broken arm doesn't make it any more impressive.
And I don't see how a win is more impressive if it results in a horrible injury compared to if it didn't. That is by definition worse.
I am not sure if you're a slow or just incapable of understanding something so basic so I will explain this to you like you're 5 years old.

JDM defeats Burns, no broken arm = impressive.

JDM defeats Burns with broken arm (ie severely compromised) = more impressive.

How hard is this to comprehend?

<WhatIsThis>

this STUPID TRASH SPORT SUUUUCKS!!!!!!! I want to see JDM break shavkat's jaw. shavkat is an overrated bum and i want to see JDM inflict pain upon him. but now I gotta wait for JDM's arm to heal?!?!

cmon!? this sport sucks so bad.

I don't want to wait for JDM's arm to heal. This fight needs to be booked next month. this sport is ridiculous. UFC is complete garbage!!!!!!!!!!! gotta wait so long to watch any decent fight. RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!

Him breaking his arm could potentially play a factor in him losing on the scorecards prior to the finish, people mentioned the injury burns suffered during the Belal fight as a potential reason as to why he lost, the same could apply here accept JDM actually managed to get a finish with a broken arm in a 3 rounder when it mattered.

Him breaking his arm could potentially play a factor in him losing on the scorecards prior to the finish, people mentioned the injury burns suffered during the Belal fight as a potential reason as to why he lost, the same could apply here accept JDM actually managed to get a finish with a broken arm in a 3 rounder when it mattered.

I didn't see this thread until just now, so thanks on a personal level for bumping haha

What's weird about guys who break their arm is, if they had it broken in a submission hold, the fight would be immediately stopped :oops:

Obviously that's right and proper. It just means that if it happens in the chaos of a fight, the fighter has to then try to hide the injury to have any chance of winning. Fucking crazy, huh, especially when the narrative occurs in certain fights that "Fighter X may have a broken arm" or something but it's not investigated between rounds.

JDM broke arm mid fight and finished Gilbert Burns.
Gilbert Burns busted his shoulder on a TD and Belal danced for 4 more rounds to a decision.
Let that sink in.

Back