GIF of B.J. Penn’s ridiculous takedown defense

I didn't need to look I remember the thread.

Everything else you wrote just screams, "Neophyte!!1!"

Have a great afternoon, sunshine.
You are a 2015 account accusing me of being a neophyte because this account happens to have been created after yours? Talk about projecting, homie. As for you remembering my username for saying that prologic is a quality contributor, that again, speaks volume on yourself. Keep at it. No amount of diatribe can fill the hole you’ve dug yourself. You're an insecure nerd.

It's heartwarming to see nooblets discovering these ancient gifs and MMA truths.

<mma1>
Legit lol'd

To be fair some of these threads are trying to education the current godawful generation of casual fans and shitposters.

If GSP had BJ's balls he would have routinely fought MWs and the occasional LHW. Just let that sink in. Nowadays guyz are desperate to fight FAR UNDER their actual weight.

Prime/Motivated BJ was batshit crazy and terrifying at LW.

Legit lol'd

To be fair some of these threads are trying to education the current godawful generation of casual fans and shitposters.

If GSP had BJ's balls he would have routinely fought MWs and the occasional LHW. Just let that sink in. Nowadays guyz are desperate to fight FAR UNDER their actual weight.

Prime/Motivated BJ was batshit crazy and terrifying at LW.

The way he crushed Gomi and Ludwig - that was what BJ was about when he had the fire and was fighting a guy of comparable size. He simply looked to destroy, by any means possible. And he had all the tools.

sUGVr0K.gif

The first one is BJ Penn? I always thought is Aldo!

I remember this gif making the rounds before the second GSP fight as proof as to how he was not going to be taken down by Georges

planet-of-the-apes-Charlton-Heston-taylor-laughing-reaction-1377851868j.gif

Some say rich kids can't be fighters. BJ is the craziest most badass fighter in the history of the UFC. When Dana says he wanted to fight Randy I believe him. Fighting Machida in the jungle with nobody watching or caring is one thing, fighting Couture at HW in the UFC and believing you will win is BJ Penn. I used to be a superfan until I discovered he's a prick and a terrible person but he's still a top 5 p4p legend imo.

I don’t know the guy personally so I have nothing to say about his character.

it was insane how he came back to WW and came within a nut hair of beating both of the two top guys in the div. It showed his talent level was through the charts even though he was a natural LW,it translated almost as well at WW. He probably could have beaten all the other WW's in the mid 2000s

He won the first fight Frankie, fuck that shit

This one was the biggest robbery ever imo and no one ever talks about it. Respect to Frankie for winning the rematch, but Penn won the first fight.

BJ, is one of the best of all time, his record means nothing in context to his fights and accoplishments.

Intresting during the 2nd gsp jre appearence. Gsp brough up his camp using footage to time opponents reaction times and gsp said bj had the fastest reaction time of any opponent they studied. His reset time was slower but his pure reaction speed was top notch, looking back it shows in his fights.

That gif never impressed me that much. Flashy leg action more than anything, weak takedown attempt

Never forget when he did a split to stop Hughes from taking hm down
Came here to post the GIF but couldn't find it. Most impressive TDD ever until he gassed. Even in the second GSP fight he fought off the TDs the entire first round.

Dude was a monster and one of those fighters ahead of their time

He just lacked the drive and discipline

For sure. BJ Penn had more talent than pretty much anyone I've seen in MMA... But his work ethic and dedication was like zero. Sometimes it seemed like he didn't even really train for fights that much.

Getting in the cage with Rory wasn’t an accomplishment. He was brutalized. He had not a single moment. Same against nick.

Going 2-1 against Hughes is a tremendous accolade. But that cannot be definitive of his career. Mma is a chess match, and sometimes certain fighters get the better.

I’m not disputing that he wasn’t good, or even great. The notion that he was or is a goat is delusional.

I already said, Rory fight was the only embarassing fight he had outside of 155. That fight marked a sharp decline for Penn, a big dropoff. Diaz fight he won the 1st rd, so don't know what you're talking about that he didn't have a single good moment in that fight.

Penn is not a GOAT, but he is the LW GOAT. Read this to give you an idea. Too many people just focus on W-L without looking at context. Barao was like 30-0 or something like that, but almost all his wins were vs guys no one had ever heard of, like 80-90% of his wins. I mention Barao because he's an example that people can't go strictly on W-L to judge a career

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/11/Sherdogs-Top-10-Lightweights-of-AllTime-118077

I already said, Rory fight was the only embarassing fight he had outside of 155. That fight marked a sharp decline for Penn, a big dropoff. Diaz fight he won the 1st rd, so don't know what you're talking about that he didn't have a single good moment in that fight.

Penn is not a GOAT, but he is the LW GOAT. Read this to give you an idea. Too many people just focus on W-L without looking at context. Barao was like 30-0 or something like that, but almost all his wins were vs guys no one had ever heard of, like 80-90% of his wins. I mention Barao because he's an example that people can't go strictly on W-L to judge a career

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/11/Sherdogs-Top-10-Lightweights-of-AllTime-118077
I never said he wasn’t good or great. But the untouchable delusion regarding his “prime” is so situational and cherry picked. When you objectively look at his body of work it’s pretty evident that he isn’t the best to do at 155.

BJ was never the prodigy people think he was. Certainly overrated. You can feel the denial in the air as Conor gets close to making history, when BJ is hardly even spoken about here.

Getting in the cage with Rory wasn’t an accomplishment. He was brutalized. He had not a single moment. Same against nick.

Going 2-1 against Hughes is a tremendous accolade. But that cannot be definitive of his career. Mma is a chess match, and sometimes certain fighters get the better.

I’m not disputing that he wasn’t good, or even great. The notion that he was or is a goat is delusional.
You clearly didn’t see the nick Diaz fight (or you just didn’t understand what you were seeing) so you have no credibility here.

Sorry son.

Back