GIF of B.J. Penn’s ridiculous takedown defense

BC

Helax
@Gold
Reaction score
sUGVr0K.gif

B.J. Penn was just a naturally gifted freak, his balance and flexibility were ridiculous.

jailbreak.gif

Amazing-BJ-Penn-Pool-Jump-GIF.gif

Legendary
jzhffb.gif

Word. He won the Brazilian jiu jitsu world title after a few years of training. He was the first American to do so. There has only been 5 Americans to win the mundials since then lol.

Dude was a monster and one of those fighters ahead of their time

He just lacked the drive and discipline

Don't forget the time he went for TDs too and tried to "Fitch" Fitch

10001753.gif

Jon_Fitch__vs._B.J._Penn_2.gif

Jon_Fitch__vs._B.J._Penn_5.gif

He won the first fight Frankie, fuck that shit

I don't give a damn what anybody says BJ is a goat

Can't imagine what he could have accomplished if he was more disciplined.

His wins/losses record seriously doesn't reflect how amazing of a fighter he was.

When I know how great he could have been, even on top of the greatest he was <2>

Can't imagine what he could have accomplished if he was more disciplined.

His wins/losses record seriously doesn't reflect how amazing of a fighter he was.

100%, he is one of those fighters who’s record really isn’t indicative of the caliber of a fighter he once was.

Dude was a monster and one of those fighters ahead of their time

He just lacked the drive and discipline

He lacked some type of guidance. If he had stuck to fighting dudes his own size, we wouldn’t even be talking about his drive and motivation, because he would’ve just continued to dominate every lightweight at that time. Instead, he wasted time taking fights against Renzo, Rodrigo, Machida, GSP 2x, Hughes 3x, Nick, Fitch, Rory. Noobs talk shit about his record, but this mf’er was out there fighting Machida! To me, he will forever be the most badass fighter with the biggest set of balls.

Here's not necessarily a GOAT contender in terms of resume, or wins v losses, but in terms of best in their prime? Very few people can fuck with BJ.

Great boxing, with INSANE TDD, and even if you get him to the mat, it's like trying to grapple an octopus.

Prime BJ Penn was quite a thing.

It's heartwarming to see nooblets discovering these ancient gifs and MMA truths.

<mma1>

Back