GIF of B.J. Penn’s ridiculous takedown defense

Yeah, wow, utter delusion. He did well when the 155 division was literally on the verge of being cut it was so trash. He had a poor run at welterweight and lost most big name fights.

Thinks NOlogic is a good poster

Piss off kid.

Scary to think of how good he could have been if he always took his training seriously.

Piss off kid.
Why do you sad fools think someone’s join date matters? I’ve been watching MMA since 2005 but I joined here in 2017. My join date has nothing to do with my knowledge of the sport. Do you think the first thing someone does when they become an MMA fan is run along and join sherdog? For gods sake you’re a bunch of grown men arguing on an Internet forum!

BJ Penn was one of the first truly well rounded fighters that excelled in all aspects of the game. And to top it all off, has an amazing chin. It has been said countless times already making it a cliche', but BJ Penn truly is the epitome of wasted potential.

Why do you sad fools think someone’s join date matters? I’ve been watching MMA since 2005 but I joined here in 2017. My join date has nothing to do with my knowledge of the sport. Do you think the first thing someone does when they become an MMA fan is run along and join sherdog? For gods sake you’re a bunch of grown men arguing on an Internet forum!

Do you think PROlogic is a good poster too?

Yeah, wow, utter delusion. He did well when the 155 division was literally on the verge of being cut it was so trash. He had a poor run at welterweight and lost most big name fights.

His run above LW:
2-1 vs Hughes (Hughes is 2nd GOAT WW)
Draw vs Fitch (Fitch at the time ranked #2 WW)
1-0 vs Ludwig
2-0 vs MWs (Rodrigo & Renzo)
0-1 vs Machida (eventual UFC LHW champion, Machida was undefeated at the time, Penn lost decision)
0-1 vs Diaz (top 3-5 WW at the time, decision)
0-1 vs Rory (past his prime, Rory was top 3-5 WW at the time, decision)
0-2 vs GSP (GSP is the GOAT, Penn lost 1st fight as split decision)

There is no LW on the planet who would've put up as competitive a fight vs Machida, who was a HW for that fight. Also, every WW on the planet loses to GSP, no shame in that at all. The Rory fight was Penn's only bad fight outside 155, though Rory was & still is regarded by many as a elite WW. Penn actually won 1st rd vs Diaz, so he lost but it wasn't embarassing. Context is needed. Despite taking 12 fights a WW or above, he was only finished twice, by the 2 GOAT WW in GSP & Hughes (whom Penn has a winning record against)

Penn is an all time great...could’ve been more tho

Yeah, but he gassed himself before the end of the second round doing so and got beat up for the rest of the fight. That fight was the perfect display of all of Penn's strengths and weaknesses.

Exactly. Great post

He was better everywhere than fitch. Except in the most important aspect of a grinding type of fight.... Cardio

Amazing-BJ-Penn-Pool-Jump-GIF.gif
That gif of him jumping out of the pool is just ridiculous. Very impressive.

Beat a bunch of guys who would not be top 10 today and was always weak minded.

Piss off kid.
Join date has what relevance? Must be rough when you value the join date of a poster on an mma forum. Fuck, bud. You would have been better off rolling your eyes and moving along. Don’t forget to put your join date in your Burger King resume, nerd.

Edit: just realized you must have searched my post history to find that I respect pro logic as a poster is telling enough of your life.

Last edited:
When he really cared he was great. He should have just retired after he was no longer willing to put in real effort.

His run above LW:
2-1 vs Hughes (Hughes is 2nd GOAT WW)
Draw vs Fitch (Fitch at the time ranked #2 WW)
1-0 vs Ludwig
2-0 vs MWs (Rodrigo & Renzo)
0-1 vs Machida (eventual UFC LHW champion, Machida was undefeated at the time, Penn lost decision)
0-1 vs Diaz (top 3-5 WW at the time, decision)
0-1 vs Rory (past his prime, Rory was top 3-5 WW at the time, decision)
0-2 vs GSP (GSP is the GOAT, Penn lost 1st fight as split decision)

There is no LW on the planet who would've put up as competitive a fight vs Machida, who was a HW for that fight. Also, every WW on the planet loses to GSP, no shame in that at all. The Rory fight was Penn's only bad fight outside 155, though Rory was & still is regarded by many as a elite WW. Penn actually won 1st rd vs Diaz, so he lost but it wasn't embarassing. Context is needed. Despite taking 12 fights a WW or above, he was only finished twice, by the 2 GOAT WW in GSP & Hughes (whom Penn has a winning record against)
Getting in the cage with Rory wasn’t an accomplishment. He was brutalized. He had not a single moment. Same against nick.

Going 2-1 against Hughes is a tremendous accolade. But that cannot be definitive of his career. Mma is a chess match, and sometimes certain fighters get the better.

I’m not disputing that he wasn’t good, or even great. The notion that he was or is a goat is delusional.

A true legend. He had all the attributes of a MMA fighter

Great striking
Good wrestling
Excellent BJJ
God tier TDD
Iron chin
God tier warrior spirit

<mma4>

None of the two division champs won those belts while having mediocre training, mediocre discipline, no real coach and bad fight IQ

It's quite incredible what he accomplished with all the handicaps he could have done away with had he chosen to

Join date has what relevance? Must be rough when you value the join date of a poster on an mma forum. Fuck, bud. You would have been better off rolling your eyes and moving along. Don’t forget to put your join date in your Burger King resume, nerd.

Edit: just realized you must have searched my post history to find that I respect pro logic as a poster is telling enough of your life.

I didn't need to look I remember the thread.

Everything else you wrote just screams, "Neophyte!!1!"

Have a great afternoon, sunshine.

One of my favorites to watch. Man he was insane. Should have retired after the nick loss, imo. He doesn’t get the respect he deserves because his record is 16-12 now

Back