Getting Over My Hunk Hatred for TJ Dillashaw

Uh, what?
My undying obsession with Gina continually leads me to believe that observing her pictures will yield the answer, to everything.

Wait, your av IS Gina, correct?
A Psych Major said:
I have no idea how guys like Jose Aldo and Anderson Silva are perceived by women.
Probably the same way us guys view less-than-stunning women, in that some people will gravitate towards them and some will not. Is normal.

im 5'3", and no a team full of midgets does not appeal to me either. Team Alpha Male is a little to gay with always wanting to be around each other with no shirts

People like you are ridiculous.

Tall guy trains hard = Great athlete!
Short guy trains hard = Napolean Complex!

Tall guy gets mad = He's just mad
Short guy gets mad = Napolean Complex!

Enough with the Napolean Complex bullshit. Shorter guys don't usually give a shit about their height, it's always taller guys that want to rub their noses in it. It's such a feminine trait, it's pathetic.

Is there a "complex" for big guys?
Some big guys can be punked real easily.

It's surprising when you first see it, but if you've seen it enough times, you can recognized there's something to it.

If you're a big guy growing up, generally no one ever messes with you... so you don't experience having to get into fights like your average guy. Then one day you get into a situation where the other guy is not afraid of your size, doesn't back down... and you know that you don't know how to fight. :redface:

My undying obsession with Gina continually leads me to believe that observing her pictures will yield the answer, to everything.

Wait, your av IS Gina, correct?
Nope. Its Kristin Adams, maiden name Holt.
Probably the same way us guys view less-than-stunning women, in that some people will gravitate towards them and some will not. Is normal.
I actually vaguely remember an interview with Aldo's wife where she said she thought he was ugly at first but I wasn't sure if she was joking. I figure you're right though, they're probably just average if you ignore the fact that they're wealthy and among the best their sport has ever seen.

Condit is good looking for sure though. I remember a female friend of mine saw him and commented on how handsome he is and I remember browsing a thread on 4chan for one of the UFC events where the conversation started at "I've always thought Carlos Condit was handsome" but then escalated to "I've masturbated to Condit".

I always thought team alpha male was a cool group but...

tumblr_mi0020PeFm1rgdkrzo1_400.gif

No more or less ridiculous than being attracted to the opposite sex feels/seems to a gay person. Everybody needs to elicit tolerance and acceptance. Of course a Sherdog forum is not the place for this conversation - as most posters are immature kids. Point and case, you're gay if you say that another guy is good looking.

Then a pedophile could make the case that adults being attracted to other adults is ridiculous?

And yes I'm for tolerance and acceptance, but I will disagree when someone tries to sum it up to a simple matter of preference with neither way being right of wrong. I'm not religious and I'm not sure what our purpose is here, but I know I dont exist unless my parents were of the opposite sex. It's kinda like someone taking two electrical cords and trying to insert the male into the male, and female into the female... I mean ya you could do it, and I can accept that you're doing it, and I certainly wouldn't hate you for it, but I'd still have to laugh at you and tell you you're doing it wrong lol.

I'm 5'7. If that's the worst thing about me I'm fine with that.

Never said that was a bad thing. You just sounded bitter. I bet there's a million tall guys in envy of Dillashaw right now

Is there a "complex" for big guys?
Some big guys can be punked real easily.

It's surprising when you first see it, but if you've seen it enough times, you can recognized there's something to it.

If you're a big guy growing up, generally no one ever messes with you... so you don't experience having to get into fights like your average guy. Then one day you get into a situation where the other guy is not afraid of your size, doesn't back down... and you know that you don't know how to fight. :redface:

I'm not sure. I just think a male making fun of another male for the way he looks (fedoras excluded) or how he was born rather than his character is the equivalent of women gossiping about another womans appearance. It's petty and childish.

I'm not sure. I just think a male making fun of another male for the way he looks (fedoras excluded) or how he was born rather than his character is the equivalent of women gossiping about another womans appearance. It's petty and childish.

true that is what causes those complexes in the first place

Then a pedophile could make the case that adults being attracted to other adults is ridiculous?

And yes I'm for tolerance and acceptance, but I will disagree when someone tries to sum it up to a simple matter of preference with neither way being right of wrong. I'm not religious and I'm not sure what our purpose is here, but I know I dont exist unless my parents were of the opposite sex. It's kinda like someone taking two electrical cords and trying to insert the male into the male, and female into the female... I mean ya you could do it, and I can accept that you're doing it, and I certainly wouldn't hate you for it, but I'd still have to laugh at you and tell you you're doing it wrong lol.

You clearly don't have any gay friends, and/or have never talked in depth with a gay person about what it means to be gay. It's not a choice, it's the way you're born. The idea of a gay guy having sex with a woman is just as repulsive to him as the idea of you having sex with another man is to you. Only the most ignorant of the ignorant argue against this fact. Please don't.

You clearly don't have any gay friends, and/or have never talked in depth with a gay person about what it means to be gay. It's not a choice, it's the way you're born. The idea of a gay guy having sex with a woman is just as repulsive to him as the idea of you having sex with another man is to you. Only the most ignorant of the ignorant argue against this fact. Please don't.

I never said it's a choice, and I agree it's some kinda chemical imbalance or defect and certainly no reason to hate them. That said I have to go back to the pedophile example, I'm sure none of them wake up and decide "I'm gonna become a sick pervert today"... I'm sure they also dont have a choice when it comes to their sexual preference.

Dillashaw is more of wided-eyed farmer's kid that drinks his milk... than a surfer.

Much about the original post was written in jest, just a round-about funny way to give props to TJ for his finish in the fifth. After seeing him hitting pads on the turnstile at the airport, I was fully out on him. Then with the way he showed out in the fifth, he won me over.

But the thread has spurred some interesting dialogue that might hopefully help steer some of the twisted small-minded children on here in a better direction. It's ok to be gay, and you come off like an adolescent ass when you attack somebody for being gay.

I never said it's a choice, and I agree it's some kinda chemical imbalance or defect and certainly no reason to hate them. That said I have to go back to the pedophile example, I'm sure none of them wake up and decide "I'm gonna become a sick pervert today"... I'm sure they also dont have a choice when it comes to their sexual preference.

Referring to a gay person as defective, and assimilating him/her to a pedophile is incredibly offensive.

But lets extrapolate your pedophile analogy a bit. I'd be more comfortable if we compare both gay and straight people to pedophiles. Like gay and straight people, a pedophile is wired the way he or she is wired - they are attracted to children. The benefit that gay and straight people have is that we can find other gay and straight individuals like ourselves who can consent to a relationship. Pedophiles are predatory, and society needs to be protected against the damage that their wiring can cause. In none of these cases - gay, straight, or pedophile - has the person chosen to be the way they are.

All I got from this post is that women are petty and childish :D

Back