Getting Over My Hunk Hatred for TJ Dillashaw

Wow, another person with a brain in their head!!!

I'm married to a beautiful woman and I have a six month old son. And guess what, Brad Pitt is ridiculously good looking.

Brad Pitt is over rated, but no where near as over rated as Ryan Gosling.

Brad Pitt is over rated, but no where near as over rated as Ryan Gosling.

I'm a big Gosling fan as an actor, but I don't think he's anywhere close to Pitt in his prime (Fight Club) in terms of sex-appeal. Don't get me wrong, Gosling's body is dialed.

Someone asked me last week who I was picking. I called him the smug little dreamboat in my text reply.

Screen-Shot-2012-08-20-at-10.00.21-AM-500x500.png

Lol.

Chuck: Cali
Rashad: NY

kocosports-evansko.gif

I laughed. Especially at "man sandwich" lol wtf

Referring to a gay person as defective, and assimilating him/her to a pedophile is incredibly offensive.

But lets extrapolate your pedophile analogy a bit. I'd be more comfortable if we compare both gay and straight people to pedophiles. Like gay and straight people, a pedophile is wired the way he or she is wired - they are attracted to children. The benefit that gay and straight people have is that we can find other gay and straight individuals like ourselves who can consent to a relationship. Pedophiles are predatory, and society needs to be protected against the damage that their wiring can cause. In none of these cases - gay, straight, or pedophile - has the person chosen to be the way they are.

Ok, then lets take the pedophiles who actually carry out their fantasies out of the equation, what about the guy who jerks off in the bushes watching kids in the playground? Let's say he never actually hurts anyone, are we not able to still say he's "fucked up" even though it's a condition he has no control over?

as a californian, everytime ive been to new york ive been astonished at how rude everyone is. i saw store employees yelling at customers for trying to the perfume samples because "theyre sick of smelling it all day"

at least now i know its because y'all jelly and i hate you a little less now

Wow, another person with a brain in their head!!!

I'm married to a beautiful woman and I have a six month old son. And guess what, Brad Pitt is ridiculously good looking.

you can think a dude is good looking but once you start adding words like ridiculously and gorgeous then its gay

Hunk hatred, lol

You sound like that POS who went on that shooting rampage because he couldn't get laid

Ok, then lets take the pedophiles who actually carry out their fantasies out of the equation, what about the guy who jerks off in the bushes watching kids in the playground? Let's say he never actually hurts anyone, are we not able to still say he's "fucked up" even though it's a condition he has no control over?

You can say pedophilia is "Fucked up," because of the ever-present potential to hurt somebody. Being gay or straight doesn't hurt anybody. And neither is a defect.

According to his mom, TJ is going to be a "Doctors Assistant" when he grows up (that's not spiritual castration of an alpha male).

When a woman who doesn't know that a "Doctors Assistant" is called a "Nurse" and thinks you should be said "Doctors Assistant" rather than World Champion... I don't think you can fully realize the cultural subtexts associated with being an alpha.

You can say pedophilia is "Fucked up," because of the ever-present potential to hurt somebody. Being gay or straight doesn't hurt anybody. And neither is a defect.

I'm totally cool with homosexuality, but I can see how it can be viewed as a "defect". The fundamental purpose of every living creature is to procreate. Living things have gone through 3 billion years of evolution to hone itself and adopt strategies to ensure survival of it's genes. Homosexuality seems like a glitch in which creatures retain their natural instincts to mate and produce offsprings yet do so in a way that will have 0% chance of gene survival.

According to his mom, TJ is going to be a "Doctors Assistant" when he grows up (that's not spiritual castration of an alpha male).

When a woman who doesn't know that a "Doctors Assistant" is called a "Nurse" and thinks you should be said "Doctors Assistant" rather than World Champion... I don't think you can fully realize the cultural subtexts associated with being an alpha.

A Physician's Assistant isn't even close to a nurse. Read more, be ignorant less.

I'm totally cool with homosexuality, but I can see how it can be viewed as a "defect". The fundamental purpose of every living creature is to procreate. Living things have gone through 3 billion years of evolution to hone itself and adopt strategies to ensure survival of it's genes. Homosexuality seems like a glitch in which creatures retain their natural instincts to mate and produce offsprings yet do so in a way that will have 0% chance of gene survival.

You make a reasonable argument, but I could then argue that there is an unsustainable number of humans on the planet, and homosexuality is evolutions way of mitigating against overpopulation.

You make a reasonable argument, but I could then argue that there is an unsustainable number of humans on the planet, and homosexuality is evolutions way of mitigating against overpopulation.

There's no way for me to prove it, but I don't really buy the overpopulation mitigation argument. From my basic understanding of evolutionary biology, procreation is a very selfish endeavor, individual creatures aren't really programmed to care what happens to its neighbor so long as it gets to produce as many healthy offsprings as possible. In fact in times of scarcity animals will fight and kill each other for access to food, water, mates...Also historically and in the natural world overpopulation is kept in check by predator/prey balance, natural disasters or famines or droughts. So I don't really think homosexuality is anything more than a random gene mutation, no different than being born with an extra finger or having blond hair.

not sure why this harping on the pedophile guy made me laugh... but now if I can help it, my nephew, and future kids - if I have any, will never be allowed around playgrounds with bushes anywhere within eyesight.

Back