• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Genki Sudo vs Duane Ludwig was one of the worst robberies ever

There were tons of terrible decisions back then,often worse than now,now there's just more chances for them to fuck up.The stand up was bs (that's the ref's fault or the rules)but Ludwig left the impression on the judges.Saying it's one of the worst robberies ever is just stupid.It was stupid that they stood them back up but Ludwig probably won round 2 and spent the last minute or whatever (it's been a long time) putting it on Genki,and the judges love that.Sudo probably won but explain to me how it's one of the worst decisions ever...Actually don't bother I very rarely look at my posts again.Worst decisions ever lol.

It's probably the robbery that has left the longest lasting bad taste in my soul. It still rustles my jimmys when I think about it today.

Agreed.

No way Ludwig won that fight. Genki busted his shit up.

One of the worst decisions I can remember.

I think the judges got it right, it was the ref that robbed Genki with that bullshit stand up in the last round. Duane was tooling him massively in the stand up and when that happened he stole the round and the fight.

Back in the day watching Genki Sudo I thought is there anyone that can beat this guy?? He had such a slick ground game and that crazy-ass standup. He was such a bad-ass it was annoying. Truth be told, I thought the Bang win was legit. Yes, it was a close fight and yeah, the standup for medically clearing the fighter to continue probably cost Sudo the match - but that's the fight game.

Yeah Genki won but Duane styled on him with the Karate Kid shit so everyone got hype off that.

Genki sudo was like sakuraba to me odd and random and when he was ON.. It was hard to get OFF if that makes sense... In a genki/saku way

Well it was the fight where after it the rule was implemented in the UFC that if a fight is stopped so that a doctor can look at a cut or the like, the fighters are restarted in the same position they left off
Bingo, which is why this fight is important. I agree it was a bad decision, but an awesome scrap to watch. It is what got me into MMA.
What year is it?

Bingo, which is why this fight is important. I agree it was a bad decision, but an awesome scrap to watch. It is what got me into MMA.
Did someone else's post before yours get deleted, or did you just bump a 7 year old thread about a 20 year old fight and make a joke replying to someone asking what year it is

Did someone else's post before yours get deleted, or did you just bump a 7 year old thread about a 20 year old fight and make a joke replying to someone asking what year it is
I was going to make a thread about this exact topic, and did something no one ever does: searching to see if it already had been made. First post nailed what I wanted to go into. I quoted said post, and then yes made a joke out of the what year is it comment.

How and why the shit did someone end up in this thread!?
I wanted to make a thread and found one was already made. I can make a new one if bumping an old thread is offensive lol. I thought we were supposed to search if threads were already made, so were not constantly making the same threads over and over again.

I wanted to make a thread and found one was already made. I can make a new one if bumping an old thread is offensive lol. I thought we were supposed to search if threads were already made, so were not constantly making the same threads over and over again.

Touche, good sir. Can't argue with you there lol. Was just such a random topic I was actually curious how you ended up here haha

Ill have to rewatch.. and score it..

Brb
29-28 Sudo imo... 3rd round is where he got screwed. He was beaitng Bang up and was on top of him. Ref stops the fight to look at a cut, when the fight resumes it is back on the feet where Bang has the advantage.

29-28 Sudo imo... 3rd round is where he got screwed. He was beaitng Bang up and was on top of him. Ref stops the fight to look at a cut, when the fight resumes it is back on the feet where Bang has the advantage.

I had it 29-28 Sudo , he did more damage in the third..

That cut check and stand up was horrendous.. but Duane did not do enough in my opinion to win the fight .the only argument i can see is for a draw ..

Official scorecard .

1- Sudo ( i think Sudo broke or injuried rib at the end of the round from Duanes Knee landing on him when they went down together it looked like an awkward impact and in round 2 he reacted alot to body shots usually a sign of hurt fighter)

2- Duane ( best round and easiest to score)

3 - Sudo ( had more control time and dealt more damage , before the cut check and stand up it was all Sudo and was looking like a potential 10-8 or even a stoppage was coming, after the cut check Duane gained some ground back for sure but not enough to win like i said at most there is grounds for this round to be tied but i believe Sudo won it )

So indeed robbery

Back