• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Gegard says PFL is the worst promotion he's ever worked for.

Should Gegard Mousasi resign with the UFC ?

• Total voters
my favorite fighter of all time
moose is criminally underrated
but he's too old to make another run in ufc imo
he should retire into sunset. so far his record is really good. he doesn't wanna pull a anderson silva and retire after a 8 fights losing streak
He’s not underrated it’s just you moron fans overrate him

He’s not underrated it’s just you moron fans overrate him

He was underrated for many years. A solid contender to be UFC MW champion around the time he left the promotion yet some sherbros denied him such status

He has declined. A lot actually.
People don't even check records anymore. Even a wikicapper could see that back-to-back losses, one to FABIAN EDWARDS, at 39 is the clear sign of a big decline for an elite fighter.

find me another figher with more than 50 pro fights and single digit losses

Not anymore but Shlemenko was another example.
Even "Peregrino" Lutterbach is pretty close to those numbers. Among others in the regionals.
I dont think digits in a resume say that much. The feat in Mousasi's case is his level of competition across several weightclasses for two full decades

15 years ago Mamed was getting gifted a decision vs Tabera, then losing to Santiago and drawing with Sakurai.

It was exactly a decade ago when this fight would have been huge worldwide.
It was a long time ago, bud.

I get both side of this.

It's really no different than what happens in the NFL almost everyday. At certain point in your career you may not be earning what they are paying you with your performance on the field. So they come and try to renegotiate with you. If you say no then they usually end up releasing you. You agree to a new contract at lower rate you keep your job. At the heart of all this it is a business first and foremost.

You got a few hundred fighters under contract hard to keep everyone happy. Sure it won't be the last one.

PS: That is even taking into effect that Coker was releasing him and not going to resign him and then at the eleventh hour after the deal was made with the PFL, Coker resigns Gegard at his same rate that weeks before was too high for Coker. That's a dick move on lots of levels.

Last edited:
Man look I like Moose too all time great easily. But his fans act like he’s the GOAT

he's not far off shit

lima
rory
machida
shlemenko
weidman
hall
vitor
santos
hendo
osp
hunt
souza
etc...

find me someone with better rap sheet in MW

he's not far off shit

lima
rory
machida
shlemenko
weidman
hall
vitor
santos
hendo
osp
hunt
souza
etc...

find me someone with better rap sheet in MW
Like half of those names aren't MWs or were old as hell when Mousasi beat them, lol.

And then there's Hall.

He is older and UFC will soon under TKO send fighters to WWE and if they buy other sports then share some of these big names. UFC could be the place to be for older fighters with well known names.

Like half of those names aren't MWs or were old as hell when Mousasi beat them, lol.

And then there's Hall.
old as hell? you acting like moose is spring chicken lol
dude been fighting for 2 decades now, wear and tear aside, he's bound to lose some fights when you fight so frequently. plus he revenged the hall fight

old as hell? you acting like moose is spring chicken lol
dude been fighting for 2 decades now, wear and tear aside, he's bound to lose some fights when you fight so frequently. plus he revenged the hall fight
He was 7 years younger than Machida when he got a split over him, 8 years younger than a non-TRT Vitor, 15 years younger than Hendo, Rory's lone MW fight (and a big favorite over Rory to boot), both OSP and Thiago were far away from what would be their peak, and even then Ovince wasn't exactly an elite guy at any point of his career.

Gegard was a very consistent guy, no doubt a great fighter, but he's not close to having a case for being the GOAT of either MW or LHW.

Fighters are 100% happy with the way we treat them.

Apart from Mousasi

Oh and Cyborg

Oh and Baki

Oh and Schulte

Oh and Homasi

Oh and Manfio

Oh and Lima

But yes fighters are 100% happy

And 6/8 of those people you listed are/were PFL or Bellator champions. What the fuck are they doing?

Should Gegard Mousasi resign with the UFC ?

Oktagonmma recently hinted signing of "worldclass star" level fighter. He should be one of main draws for Oktagon 61 (12.10.24 - 58.000attendace). It might be Mousasi...

They tried to sign Nate Diaz before when there were rumours that he is free agent...offer was reportedly 2.000.000usd for MW title fight. So i guess they could pay mousasi 500k - 1m for fight.

Ofcourse they should. He’s past his prime but he’s a name and that’s something that’s been lacking in the promotion since Covid
Agree, put him against another old aging-out star to buff up a pay for view event or three...Even Izzy...

I heard of a fighter who fought out his UFC contract after hearing that the PFL had interest in him and would sign him. (Pre PFL purchase of Bellator) He fought out his contract and PFL bought Bellator then radio silence from the PFL.

For as little as the UFC pays their entry and mid level guys I guess the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

see this is the ugly secret about MMA. UFC pays those guys very little, but everyone else PAYS THEM EVEN LESS.

Back