• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television Star Wars THE ACOLYTE (New Trailer, post #45)

It totally could. Gay people exist. But let's give them the representation they have in real life. What is happening now is it seems like every property Disney touches has to have forced diversity. Which makes sense based on who is writing and creating the content. The largest issue is they actually are not good. And one reason is they have become paint by numbers DEI---Look at The Marvels and Madame Web. Let's do girl power but ALSO make sure each of the girls is a different race! Yay....It is laughable at this point. They checked every diversity box but no quality content boxes.
Yeah and it's been happening for a while now, thinking eventually, it's going to work.

These are NERD territories. The fan base got older and aware of things. They, the fans, know their product, of which these producers are counting on to make money!

The producers dont deliver the product the fans expects, the fans get disgruntled, and slowly get pissed.

Last jedi made a lot of money...at first. Cuz we all expected a product. We got ripped off. We stuck around and started to notice things. Diversity things. However, because we have star wars colored glasses, we stuck with Disney. Now, we are pissed.

All they needed was to stick with the lore. The product is popular because of that, not some agenda. They forgot to "STAY ON TARGET."

Now? We got predictable arguements. Things dont make money and they blame review bombing. We say its cuz the product sucks and they say homophobic.

Homophobic......intertwining with Star Wars. Loco...

I'm thinking this backlash is a moral imperative. Going forward, how can we trust a disney product to not send a 'message' when we want a story when weve been ripped off?

If this theory is true that would be a wild ending. And here I am thinking she and the master gets replaced like a simpleton.

I don't think Bane helmet is Tenebrous cause why would someone who wears goggles need to wear a helmet?

By Legends canon, Tenebrous' public persona was Rugess Nome, "a legendary artisanal starship designer with a galaxy-spanning reputation." And in 132 BBY, he would have been established both as a Sith Lord seeking a worthy apprentice and a wealthy and known public figure. So makes sense he'd wear a helmet during meetings as Tenebrous to keep his public identity hidden, just as Sidious did when he was Chancellor.

Bane helmet guy might be Plagueis himself but IMO that would be handing us everything on a platter too soon. They deliberately set this 100 years before TPM and that's a long time for things to stay the same for another 48 years before Sidious is even born in 84 BBY.

It's also possible that Osha/Mae becomes Plagueis himself. But that's a huge stretch and race, gender AND identity-swapping an established figure from canon seems too bold even for KK and lesbian producer chick.

One of them being Plagueis' mom sounds about right. They called the series THE Acolyte, not "Some Random Bish Who Knows Some Shit." If Osha/Mae end up being pointless cans like Reva, Morgan Elsbeth, Moff Gideon, etc. that would be disappointing.

This guy doesn't do all the rage clickbait BS. Is just straight up Star Wars nerd channel.
That more accurately describes Star Wars Theory.

I have heard some YouTubers I don't regularly listen to say "Star Wars is dead, and Acolyte killed it." I'd say they were rage-baiting in the attempt to get as big as Theory, Nerdrotic, and Drinker.

To which I'd reply - 'Star Wars' is Ep1-Ep6 & original EU. Its timeless and cannot be replaced, degraded, or killed.

Everything since George Lucas sold everything is '*Disney's Star Wars.' Individual fans may consider each movie, series, book, etc as their own canon. (Like I do with the last 4 episodes of Clone Wars Season 7) But with every new series added that no one cares about, the apathy if the fanbase increases, and the cultural relevance of the IP becomes irrelevant.

Edit - Would like to add.... Who here heard that Star Trek Discovery had their final episode a few weeks ago? I didn't hear about it on twitter, instagram, or anywhere else besides by a YouTuber who casually mentioned Star Wars Discovery had thrir final episode and he didn't hear about it on Twitter, instagram, or YouTube.

The Acolyte has been viewed by 1% of every Disney+ subscribers. It won't be long until the franchise is completely dead.

Last edited:
The most absurd development in todays Hollywood is that critics and fans get not only called haters if they dont like it but literally are being attacked as "homophobic" etc even by the Production company and actors.

There seems to be zero critical self reflection left to actually listen to critic. A lost cause it seems in postmodernism "truth is subjective".

The most absurd development in todays Hollywood is that critics and fans get not only called haters if they dont like it but literally are being attacked as "homophobic" etc even by the Production company and actors.

There seems to be zero critical self reflection left to actually listen to critic. A lost cause it seems in postmodernism "truth is subjective".

They've been doing that since the Sequel Trilogy, with accusing anyone who mentions Rey is a Mary Sue as a sexist.

And if you didn't like the character or performance of a minority... you're racist and are endorcing & encouraging the hateful messages they receive on social media.

At this point we can assume these shows are being developed with these built-in excuses for criticism and means to character-assassinate those who make legitimate criticism.

I could go into the marxist history of such tactics, but this thread has already got too political, and that's somewhat my fault, so I'd rather not repeat that mistake.

By the way, this is no surprise to anyone -

Last edited:
I haven't watched the show yet and honestly doubt I will. I stopped consuming Disney Star Wars.
Pieces of the show I have seen on the internet are acted and scripted on the level of a shitty middle school play.
I love lesbians, I love space and I love witches, so I am unbiased here, but I have an aquired allergy towards shit scripts, shit acting and shit directing.
I dropped the Witcher, I dropped Silo, I dropped a couple other shows not because of "the agenda" itself, but because of how untalented and dumb were the attempts to insert it into the story (or lack of it to be honest).
We should vote with our money and not watch poorly produced shows, agenda-infused or not.

I thought i was done with Star Wars after Episode IX, but gave Kenobi a chance, but The Acolyte 3.6 on IMDb? So this must be extremely bad, actually already Kenobi was extremely bad.

They've been doing that since the Sequel Trilogy, with accusing anyone who mentions Rey is a Mary Sue as a sexist.

And if you didn't like the character or performance of a minority... you're racist and are endorcing & encouraging the hateful messages they receive on social media.

At this point we can assume these shows are being developed with these built-in excuses for criticism and means to character-assassinate those who make legitimate criticism.

I could go into the marxist history of such tactics, but this thread has already got too political, and that's somewhat my fault, so I'd rather not repeat that mistake.

By the way, this is no surprise to anyone -

While this is of course true, I'm not sure which is worse, clickbait review bombers or paid shills artificially bumping up the critic ratings - both are out of control. Earlier in this thread, @Hog-train posted the crazy disparity between critic and audience scores on Rotten Tomatoes and right now, those stand at 84% and 15% respectively. NFW are either of those in the right ballpark.

If we look at IMDb, The Acolyte rates 3.6 but rating by episode goes from 5.6 to 5.4 to 3.5.

I'm not sure what others were watching but NFW was E3 worse than the first two episodes. It had the same or less cringe but more Squid Game guy doing a good job. We get it, this show kinda sucks so far, so no need to shit on lesbian witches that shouldn't be a big deal to anyone at this point.

On the bright side, going by title alone, this series cannot be worse than "Finding the Asshole: Chapter 3" which scores 1.1 on IMDb. At least girlfriend is looking up in the world and coming out with better product now.

Earlier in this thread, @Hog-train posted the crazy disparity between critic and audience scores on Rotten Tomatoes and right now, those stand at 84% and 15% respectively. NFW are either of those in the right ballpark.

User reviews are the only means the audience can send a message to the producer to say "We don't like this."

It cannot be denied by saying "Its just a small minority of the fanbase" when literally tens of thousands of reviews are completely eclipsing the few dozen of 'professional reviewers' to send the message to everyone 'The professional reviewers are full of shit. This is trash."

Edit - Would like to add that there's one thing everyone can agree on - There's no chance this show's budget is $180 million.

If that was accurate for each half-hour episode of The Acolyte has a higher budget of the hour-long episodes of 'House of the Dragon Season 1.'

So, either Disney is out right lying about the production budget to give the false impression their shows will be cinematicly impressive... or there's some massive money laundering happening and the Disney Board of Directors are in on it.

Last edited:
User reviews are the only means the audience can send a message to the producer to say "We don't like this."

It cannot be denied by saying "Its just a small minority of the fanbase" when literally tens of thousands of reviews are completely eclipsing the few dozen of 'professional reviewers' to send the message to everyone 'The professional reviewers are full of shit. This is trash."

Where did I say, "It's just a small minority of the fanbase?" Throughout this thread I've been saying this show kinda sucks so far. What I said is 15% audience score sounds like hypercritical outrage over lesbian witches as much as 84% critic score has this show's nuts in they mouf. I think the 3.5 to 5.6 rating on IMDb sounds about right.

No no no no no... not you.

Basically that is the default response from Disney figureheads when asked about flaws in their products.

Oh yeah, Disney is a business and they're trying to do damage control. Agree $180MM is some bullshit when BOBF, OWK and Ahsoka did it for around $100MM. Also, the disparity on Rotten Tomatoes is kind of understandable since their ratings are limited to "Fresh" or "Rotten" and most agree this show is marginal so far. If I had to rate the first 3 episodes as a whole, I'd probably give it 4 or 5 stars in line with the IMDb rating which would be "Rotten." But I'll withhold judgement until the season wraps because I think they might be building to something worthwhile.

Also, the disparity on Rotten Tomatoes is kind of understandable since their ratings are limited to "Fresh" or "Rotten" and most agree this show is marginal so far.

I wouldn't agree with that, especially if most viewers were expecting to see a $180 million budget production value show.

From what I've seen between the sets, costumes, and CGI it looks like they spent $5 million per episode, maximum.

And that doesn't address the factors that budget has no influence over... the plot & dialog (writing), performances, & directing.

So yeah, its very feasible that only 3 of every 20 viewers that felt passionate to leave a user review on Rotten Tomatoes felt positively about it.

There's literally no means to 100% accurately guage the satisfaction of an audience.

I haven't watched the show yet and honestly doubt I will. I stopped consuming Disney Star Wars.
Pieces of the show I have seen on the internet are acted and scripted on the level of a shitty middle school play.
I love lesbians, I love space and I love witches, so I am unbiased here, but I have an aquired allergy towards shit scripts, shit acting and shit directing.
I dropped the Witcher, I dropped Silo, I dropped a couple other shows not because of "the agenda" itself, but because of how untalented and dumb were the attempts to insert it into the story (or lack of it to be honest).
We should vote with our money and not watch poorly produced shows, agenda-infused or not.

This. If a movie/tv show sucks, it’s not because of the “agenda”, it’s because it sucks. I think studios went with “woke route” so they can deflect criticisms and fast track products with barely any thought behind it.

I wouldn't agree with that, especially if most viewers were expecting to see a $180 million budget production value show.

From what I've seen between the sets, costumes, and CGI it looks like they spent $5 million per episode, maximum.

And that doesn't address the factors that budget has no influence over... the plot & dialog (writing), performances, & directing.

So yeah, its very feasible that only 3 of every 20 viewers that felt passionate to leave a user review on Rotten Tomatoes felt positively about it.

There's literally no means to 100% accurately guage the satisfaction of an audience.

Let me be clear, I'm agreeing with you. In your example if only 3 of 20 viewers thought this show was "fresh," I'd be among the 17 who find it "rotten." That's because after 3 episodes I'd probably have to rate it 4.5 which translates to rotten. On the Rotten Tomatoes scale, 1 to 5 = Rotten while 6 to 10 = Fresh and we all know 6+ ratings are hard to come by due to the extent to which this show sucks so far (unless you're a paid shill or you really like the Count from Sesame Street).

But it's close. If the next episode is good (big if), I could conceivably improve my show rating to 6 which would qualify as fresh. But we all know many of those "Rotten" votes are kneejerk reactions to "lesbian witches" and possibly by folks who haven't even watched the show. Those votes are staying in the mix even if this season gets better and those people never see it.

Last edited:
SW.png

Let me be clear, I'm agreeing with you. In your example if only 3 of 20 viewers thought this show was "fresh," I'd be among the 17 who find it "rotten." That's because after 3 episodes I'd probably have to rate it 4.5 which translates to rotten. On the Rotten Tomatoes scale, 1 to 5 = Rotten while 6 to 10 = Fresh and we all know 6+ ratings are hard to come by due to the extent to which this show sucks so far (unless you're a paid shill or you really like the Count from Sesame Street).

But it's close. If the next episode is good (big if), I could conceivably improve my show rating to 6 which would qualify as fresh. But we all know that many of those "Rotten" votes are kneejerk reactions to "lesbian witches" and possibly by folks who haven't even watched the show. Those votes are staying in the mix even if this season gets better and those people never see it.

Honestly I feel like sometimes when you just average out the scores between the critics and the user scores you get something more accurate. What was it, like 85% fresh from critics and then 15% from users. If we're being honest, both of those scores seem very suspect.

But average them out to a 50? Well, you know that seems pretty on point. On the internet people love histrionics, especially nerd outrage for stuff like Star Wars, games, etc. It's almost like a badge of honor to see how upset you can get over it. You're literally getting several people who rant prolifically without even watching the show. Nobody has to watch anything. I've never seen the Twilight movies because they look like garbage. I assume they are, but I dont go into Twilight threads saying "Let me tell why this is garbage and why the themes of the movies are all intricately woven with a political agenda". As opposed to something like "yeah, I watched the first 2 and they were garbage for these reasons, so I assume the same is true for the rest of them. So fuck that noise". The latter position I can understand, the former is just choosing ignorance but somehow thinking you're the most insightful person in the discussion.

For me the first two episodes hovered over about 5.5-6. Bad execution but a mystery is a mystery and set ups are usually far more interesting than pay-offs. Then episode 3 was absolute garbage tier, so the entire show is around a 4.5-5 for the first 3 episodes. So it would take something miraculous in the next 5 episodes for me to call the show anything other than sub-par. However, it still feels like the showrunner is trying to make a decent Star Wars show, just doesnt have the talent to pull it off. Theres nothing terribly wrong with the ideas in the show, but the execution is clumsy and amateurish.

So even though I dont think the show is bad because of all this non-existent politcal agenda within it (so far), its certainly bad in no small part due to the fact that the showrunner obviously did get the job due to diversity, so political agenda is certainly somewhat to blame. So I dunno why the outlets dont complain about that as opposed to overreacting about superfluous crap that doesnt even matter I.E. : "Oh, they call it the thread! STAR WARS DESTROYED!". OMG shut the fuck up, you moron.

Honestly I feel like sometimes when you just average out the scores between the critics and the user scores you get something more accurate. What was it, like 85% fresh from critics and then 15% from users. If we're being honest, both of those scores seem very suspect.

But average them out to a 50? Well, you know that seems pretty on point. On the internet people love histrionics, especially nerd outrage for stuff like Star Wars, games, etc. It's almost like a badge of honor to see how upset you can get over it. You're literally getting several people who rant prolifically without even watching the show. Nobody has to watch anything. I've never seen the Twilight movies because they look like garbage. I assume they are, but I dont go into Twilight threads saying "Let me tell why this is garbage and why the themes of the movies are all intricately woven with a political agenda". As opposed to something like "yeah, I watched the first 2 and they were garbage for these reasons, so I assume the same is true for the rest of them. So fuck that noise". The latter position I can understand, the former is just choosing ignorance but somehow thinking you're the most insightful person in the discussion.

For me the first two episodes hovered over about 5.5-6. Bad execution but a mystery is a mystery and set ups are usually far more interesting than pay-offs. Then episode 3 was absolute garbage tier, so the entire show is around a 4.5-5 for the first 3 episodes. So it would take something miraculous in the next 5 episodes for me to call the show anything other than sub-par. However, it still feels like the showrunner is trying to make a decent Star Wars show, just doesnt have the talent to pull it off. Theres nothing terribly wrong with the ideas in the show, but the execution is clumsy and amateurish.

So even though I dont think the show is bad because of all this non-existent politcal agenda within it (so far), its certainly bad in no small part due to the fact that the showrunner obviously did get the job due to diversity, so political agenda is certainly somewhat to blame. So I dunno why the outlets dont complain about that as opposed to overreacting about superfluous crap that doesnt even matter I.E. : "Oh, they call it the thread! STAR WARS DESTROYED!". OMG shut the fuck up, you moron.
I definitely think there's social politics in it intentionally, I just don't care. Gay witches, who cares. I like variety including in people so not everyone being the same is a plus to me anyway. BUT. It's the execution, it's the lack of competence from those involved and like I said earlier, those constantly complaining and pointing out gay this, woman that, dark skinned this, you can only harp on the same things so many times before it's suspect and there's people in this thread who've unmasked on these forums before.

This reminds me of when Critical Drinker tried to suggest there's some girl bossing or too many women or something in his Andor review (I don't remember the exact complaint) - he didn't spend much time on it and it was still a positive review, but he went there, like he just had to say something for his base. Shit's a joke.

One of his bitch buddies Disparu who is 1,0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% is a grifter, tried to go after Andor at first but looked like the fucking idiot that he is and immediately dropped it and went back to his other rage bait bullshit. Even people in his comments - his audience - were like, "bruh wat."

But hey, that outrage money ain't gonna make itself

I definitely think there's social politics in it intentionally, I just don't care. Gay witches, who cares. I like variety including in people so not everyone being the same is a plus to me anyway. BUT. It's the execution, it's the lack of competence from those involved and like I said earlier, those constantly complaining and pointing out gay this, woman that, dark skinned this, you can only harp on the same things so many times before it's suspect and there's people in this thread who've unmasked on these forums before.

This reminds me of when Critical Drinker tried to suggest there's some girl bossing or too many women or something in his Andor review (I don't remember the exact complaint) - he didn't spend much time on it and it was still a positive review, but he went there, like he just had to say something for his base. Shit's a joke.

One of his bitch buddies Disparu who is 1,0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% is a grifter, tried to go after Andor at first but looked like the fucking idiot that he is and immediately dropped it and went back to his other rage bait bullshit. Even people in his comments - his audience - were like, "bruh wat."

But hey, that outrage money ain't gonna make itself

Yeah, Im pretty much with you. Like I said earlier politics in and of itself generally isnt the biggest issue, its symptom of a deeper problem. I enjoyed the Sandman series because overall it was done well. But holy jesus did they go crazy with diversity, and you know what? Overall it hurt the show, even if its still a good show. So politics alone generally doesnt kill the product. One of my favorite shows of the last few years has been the Good Wife spinoff The Good Fight. That show gets political as as all hell, and I dont agree with everything theyre saying, but the talent of the creative team comes through and, most importantly, they make their point without being as heavy handed as possible. So I can disagree but still see where theyre coming from. And on the other side of the coin they make points that I can agree with. So they tend to have a more balanced outlook.

Even Andor had some digs that people could say were jabs at the Trump administration and such, but they were subtle and, most importantly, fit in with the theme of the show. So, basically, yeah a talented team can make it work when they put the quality of the show first. The problem is when talent isnt the main qualifier for getting the job.

Last edited:
Back