Gastelum made $150,000 for that beating

Not worth it, shit just from skateboarding and a few years of throwing roundhouse kicks and I’m a mess..

Dana pisses away $150k on poker and prostitutes on a frugal night in Vegas. That's a pretty pathetic number for the war Gastelum gave us.
That’s too bad. Unfortunately it’s no different than any other rich boss does to his employees in any other company.

I'm sure he made more than that, that is just disclosed.

Plus he got disclosed bonuses, correct?

Kelvin got more.

Its been confirmed many many manyyyy times that the disclosed purses are usually nowhere near what the fighters actually make. Confirmed by all kinds of sources including fighters. DC's supposed purse for the Jon 2 fight was somewhere in the 500k I believe, but DC himself said that the second Jon fight was a 4 mil payday for him.

I dont understand why Sherdog and the mma fanbase in general always seems to ignore this.

but but ... but the Athletic Commission report said... he made $150k , I are read good

Kelvin Gastelum - $150k
Ali Abdelazziz -$150k

Dana Bad, UFC Bad
#Sherdogger4Life

I'm all for fighters getting paid more money put people need to be realistic. If you've never worked in America and don't have context; 150k is a lot of fucking money. You can buy a nice house in the suburbs with that money. You do that 3-4 times, live within your means like the rest of the world and you can retire.

It's hell getting to where he is, and it's not a road made of gold to get there. But not everybody is going to make a million dollars a fight, and 150k is a lot of money.
I've lived in five states over the last 30 years and I haven't seen a decent home that cheap since 2008. 150k is a nice check but after taxes and expense it's lasting no more than 2 frugal years.

I'd take a beating like that for $150k, even considering taxes and the fees that the manager and cornermen take.

That's 2 or 3 times a police officer make in a year.
That's 3 times those firefighters who were saving the Notre Dame yesterday make in a year.
It's 5 times a sergeant in the army make in a year.

I think Castellum is doing just fine with his money.
I agree with you, though to make a correction about the military they actually make way more than advertised. They literally get paid for or provided food and housing that you don’t see in that base pay check. So that check looks small but they have almost no monthly expenses. Just pay for their car stuff and Internet really

I don't like Adesanya, but he had a tournament championship from 2 boxing orgs - Glory and KotRing. He bought a built-in audience and that give's you more negotiating leverage for your first contract. It's how things worked out. Yes Gastelum has a WAY better resume in my opinion, but Gastelum had some snooze-fests under his belt, missed weight at WW by a HUGE margin (more than once I think?) and went to MW as Plan B, so his leverage on his last contract was probably very low.

You're right about him bringing a built in audience. I'd seen him fight in Glory. Knew what was coming and was not disappointed at all. There are very few athletes that can keep a fight standing . . and a shitload that can get a fight to the ground. It's harking back to a time when purists fought each other... Maybe "flashy striking" was the wrong phrase. I think that his style of fighting, when done right, is SPOT ON what a large number of people want to see. Ad a bit of confidence, some smart mouthing ... It's liquid gold for a fight card.

I don't think it's just the loud mouths. I think the fight style makes a massive difference

You're right about him bringing a built in audience. I'd seen him fight in Glory. Knew what was coming and was not disappointed at all. There are very few athletes that can keep a fight standing . . and a shitload that can get a fight to the ground. It's harking back to a time when purists fought each other... Maybe "flashy striking" was the wrong phrase. I think that his style of fighting, when done right, is SPOT ON what a large number of people want to see. Ad a bit of confidence, some smart mouthing ... It's liquid gold for a fight card.

I don't think it's just the loud mouths. I think the fight style makes a massive difference

mighty mouse is billion times more fun and his style was million times more exciting.

Mighty Mouse is also the most well rounded MMA fighter of all time an he made less money than Adensaya.

lmfao

you need WWE skills if you wants to make any money as an ufc fighter.

The thing about being human is you make your own choices in life! Sometimes life gives you a bad deck of cards but where there is a will then there is a way! Look at Tony Robbins, the guy is worth $500 million from flapping his lips. Some people slept in their cars for months before they made it big times. Kelvin choose the primitive road to make money, I hope he would be okay when he is older!

mighty mouse is billion times more fun and his style was million times more exciting.

Mighty Mouse is also the most well rounded MMA fighter of all time an he made less money than Adensaya.

lmfao

you need WWE skills if you wants to make any money as an ufc fighter.

Ok.. I should edit this, I agree, Mighty Mouse is FAR more entertaining from a martial arts standpoint. And got fucked over by the "superstar system", very little promotion, but he was also in a fucking weak division. They'd not built up anyone else for people to get excited about him fighting (I'm talking about casual fans.... who do make up the numbers) . . . I mean, the stand up guys bring in the numbers, I'm not for one minute saying they're better. It's not an intentional diss to any of the other more talented. It's just, right now, for the UFC, it's an easier sell...

A good example is Colby Covington. He's out there making all sorts of noises. Until he fights someone that could possibly knock his head clean off, his numbers wont be that great.

Add 50k for a fight of the night. Thing is, he signed to fight for 150k, the fight ending up in a war and both of them pretty beat up has nothing to do with pay, was it low? yeah it was, but others have been paid MUCH less for an undisputed title fight, like Rory vs Lawler, not an interim fight.

150k after taxes and paying training camp? he prob walks home with 80k.

Um, so what? Everyone pays taxes and has expenses. You don't see lawyers saying, I make $150K annually, but I've got to pay taxes and my law school loans, so it really only comes out to $80K. Net pay is always less than gross pay, often significantly less. It is known.

I think most fighters should be paid more, but they are not being paid peanuts. Gastelum is a young man and he can buy a nice house in cash for a few months work. A few years like that and he never need work again if he is even semi-responsible with his money. He's probably already earned as much as many factory workers earn in their lifetimes, or close to it.

If Gas wants more, his best bet is to start organizing for collective bargaining. That's an uphill fight, but that's what it takes.

no vandalism. no smashing phones. no beating up civilians in bars. no rape allegations. come on, he just ain't sexy enough. face it.

That’s a pretty solid paycheck. Doubt he would make anywhere near that working a 9-5.

Um, so what? Everyone pays taxes and has expenses. You don't see lawyers saying, I make $150K annually, but I've got to pay taxes and my law school loans, so it really only comes out to $80K. Net pay is always less than gross pay, often significantly less. It is known.

I think most fighters should be paid more, but they are not being paid peanuts. Gastelum is a young man and he can buy a nice house in cash for a few months work. A few years like that and he never need work again if he is even semi-responsible with his money. He's probably already earned as much as many factory workers earn in their lifetimes, or close to it.

If Gas wants more, his best bet is to start organizing for collective bargaining. That's an uphill fight, but that's what it takes.

ufc schill detected

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back